Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

As the clubs biggest whipping boy , I thought the kid improved today , got his hands on the ball more and seemed to work harder , wouldn’t be extending the contract just yet , however I grade him as improved today
Agree and I’m still hanging in there (on a thin thread) for Samson

(Mind you I’m guilty for having hung in a bit too long over the years with the likes of Tyrone, the big Gus, Andrew Browne, CCJ plus a few others I don’t want to be reminded of right now)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Geeez we are scrapping the bottom of barrel.
He was ok.
He wasn't that bad.
He did better

6 marks.
None contested.

Reactions: 1 user
14 disposals 10 efficient 6 marks 4 tackles (most) 13 hitouts 5 clearances (most) 6 contested 5 score involvements 0 turnovers

Cameron
18 disposals 11 efficient 5 marks 2 tackles 33 hitouts 2 clearances 2 score involvements 2 turnovers

Serviceable

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Did not see any of the game today, listened on the car radio, was suprised that Mick Malthouse gave him such a big wrap, said how brave of a footballer he is and how much better he will be in a year or 2.

Reactions: 1 users
Reckon the big Samsung was awkwardly competitive today. Def needs to be in and around the ruck though, until he builds enough core to hold ground when he's rested up forward. Plenty of far more experienced players that had way less impact or involvement in the game today so his efforts today get a tick from me.

Reactions: 2 users
14 disposals 10 efficient 6 marks 4 tackles (most) 13 hitouts 5 clearances (most) 6 contested 5 score involvements 0 turnovers

Cameron
18 disposals 11 efficient 5 marks 2 tackles 33 hitouts 2 clearances 2 score involvements 2 turnovers

Serviceable
He had a lot hit his hands he didn’t hold. Pity because if he clunked a few it would have been a pretty good game by him.

Servicable is right

Reactions: 2 users
He had a lot hit his hands he didn’t hold. Pity because if he clunked a few it would have been a pretty good game by him.

Servicable is right
Yep. Pity he couldn't clunk a couple of contested overhead marks, but at least he was going up 2 handed n providing a contest instead of the Colonwood players just grabbing all the incoming.

Can anyone come up with an example where a player who could not naturally mark and was taught how to and improved?

I thought he was ok today and was at the ground.

Overall I reckon he is a 2/10 for marking. Can he be taught to get to a 6/10.

I am struggling to think of a tall that was hopeless at marking and was taught and became a servicable mark.

If he cant get to a 6/10 for marking he doesnt make it in my opinion as a Number 1 ruck if thats what we want him to be.

Nank in the side today and I reckon we run them close. Real close

Reactions: 3 users
Yep. Pity he couldn't clunk a couple of contested overhead marks, but at least he was going up 2 handed n providing a contest instead of the Colonwood players just grabbing all the incoming.
One thing we know for sure TM is that if he makes it as an AFL player it will be as a ruck, not as a forward

IF…

Can anyone come up with an example where a player who could not naturally mark and was taught how to and improved?

I thought he was ok today and was at the ground.

Overall I reckon he is a 2/10 for marking. Can he be taught to get to a 6/10.

I am struggling to think of a tall that was hopeless at marking and was taught and became a servicable mark.

If he cant get to a 6/10 for marking he doesnt make it in my opinion as a Number 1 ruck if thats what we want him to be.

Nank in the side today and I reckon we run them close. Real close
He's been good in the past at VFL level marking wise. It's hard to pinpoint. Higher intensity putting doubts in his mind?

Marginal improvement.

Needs to get so much fitter & stronger.
At least he battled away today but there’s so many areas he needs to work on to become a good AFL ruckman.

Marginal improvement.

At least he battled away today but there’s so many areas he needs to work on to become a good AFL ruckman.
Miles away.
He is that bad, people now congratulating him for taking a chest mark.
Not 1 contested mark again today.

Reactions: 1 users
Marginal improvement.

Like being a basic decent mark. Dropped two in the first Quarter that could have changed the game - one inside F50 & another on the wing where the spill turned into a goal for Collingwood.