Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

With Nank ruled out for game against pies due to concussion
Delilah is it suddenly he’s the main ruck
:help:help:help:help

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Another example how incompetence has set in since 2020 . We’ve lost the hunger to be successful and Kosi, Dow, KMac, Short and this tangled fishing rod are the evidence.

Reactions: 3 users
The very definition of a roster-clogger.

A 3-year deal is egregious, who else would be looking to sign him from under our noses??

• Angry
The very definition of a roster-clogger.

A 3-year deal is egregious, who else would be looking to sign him from under our noses??
Rumoured Wonthaggi 3rds had 4 year deal on the table when we heard it we immediately offered 3 year deal with money

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I don't have an issue with three years.

It's not a long time really for a big man at his age. He'll most likely be serviceable as a back up ruck over that time, and I doubt he was expensive.

There's also the possible gamble that he'll come good.

• Dislike
Reactions: 7 users
I don't have an issue with three years.

It's not a long time really for a big man at his age. He'll most likely be serviceable as a back up ruck over that time, and I doubt he was expensive.

There's also the possible gamble that he'll come good.
but one handed?

went up against Dixon a few times and got thrown around too easy.
Off season he needs to put on the some muscle

In the ruck, sure.
not so sure given his track record.He is tall yes.Can he mark? Average one a game.Just not good enough.I would have given the two foot nothing Wilson kid who racked up 16 kicks and tackles this week,has been consistent every week I have noticed,and taken more marks in the last four games than Ryan has all year.10 year contract in comparison.

The question is: can he bulk up? He needs to be a lot stronger because he can only go up 2 handed for a mark if he can free his arm.

DS

The question is: can he bulk up? He needs to be a lot stronger because he can only go up 2 handed for a mark if he can free his arm.

DS
Been pumping iron with Dow.
Needs another gym partner

• Haha

DS
So, footywire had him listed as 103kg. I'm gonna assume it's accurate.
That means he is 7kg below Gawn and Witts, 8 below S Darcy but 3kg more than Luke Jackson, 4kg below English. About the same as Pittonet, Goldstein and T De Koning, a couple less than Grundy. Didn't check every club, but apart from a few premium ruckman, he's around the mark.
Think it's not necessarily any more bulk, but he still appears weak.

So, footywire had him listed as 103kg. I'm gonna assume it's accurate.
That means he is 7kg below Gawn and Witts, 8 below S Darcy but 3kg more than Luke Jackson, 4kg below English. About the same as Pittonet, Goldstein and T De Koning, a couple less than Grundy. Didn't check every club, but apart from a few premium ruckman, he's around the mark.
Think it's not necessarily any more bulk, but he still appears weak.

I suppose bulk up is the wrong term, what I really mean is get stronger!

DS

I suppose bulk up is the wrong term, what I really mean is get stronger!

DS
He can add another 20 kilos but weight is not his issue when playing AFL.

He simply does not have the appetite to mix it physically with the big boys. Or put his body in a place and take a hit for the side.

And that behaviour gets around very quickly and opposing players will use it against him.

He is a liability at AFL level.

Reactions: 1 user
Rumoured Wonthaggi 3rds had 4 year deal on the table when we heard it we immediately offered 3 year deal with money
It's good to have a laugh considering where we are sitting on the ladder, but seriously we need an answer why was he given a 3 yr extension?
I would have out the door just behind Flappers and Graham

Ryan has been our most disappointing player this season and that’s really saying something.

Reactions: 4 users