Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

The worst contract extension in the history of the AFL. He should be the Punt Road cleaner - at least we can get some return from the salary. He’s gone past Sean Hampson as the worst player I’ve ever seen play for Richmond.
I didn't know you were so young 11.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Kosi is playing like this.
Don't be daft. Kosi wasn't real flash tonight, and he's had more sub-par games than OK.

But here's the comparison.

Disposal efficiency, hit outs, clangers really the only thing in Ryan's favour.
Ryan averaging 0.5 contested marks a game (vs 1.5), even though he's 10cm taller and 8kg heavier.

Don't be daft. Kosi wasn't real flash tonight, and he's had more sub-par games than OK.

But here's the comparison.

Disposal efficiency, hit outs, clangers really the only thing in Ryan's favour.
Ryan averaging 0.5 contested marks a game (vs 1.5), even though he's 10cm taller and 8kg heavier.
Yeah, those stats all seem pretty similar to me.

I'm not sure averaging 0.9 contested marks more per game and 0.4 goals per game when Kosi is playing 83% game time vs Ryan's 68% across a sample size of 6 games means all that much.

They've both been pretty underwhelming. Kosi hits the contest a bit harder. Ryan's a bit more effective. Neither is really taking enough marks or doing the big man role.

I see two lumbering big men who have no forward presence, aerial presence, or goal kicking power.

Kosi was poor today. But he has the ability to hit a pack and get the ball to ground.
Sampson has the ability to...try pull a star out of the sky with a hand?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Yze said he had an ankle injury and was going to be subbed out until he found out that nank had concussion tests. So Ryan had to stay on for last quarter. Perspective needed here rather than ranting

Last edited:
Yze said he had an ankle injury and was going to be subbed out until he found out that nank had concussion tests. So Ryan had to stay on for last quarter. Perspective might here rather than ranting
Interesting if he and Nank are both out next week. Miller or Balta ruck, Blight to full back

Interesting if he and Nank are both out next week. Miller or Balta ruck, Blight to full back
Come on down big OHB. No harm giving him a run in the seniors if we've got no one else. Season is already long gone n we can check the potential without even being accused of tanking.

I hate to pot a young fella, but this guy is 5 months younger than Koschitzke.

If Kosi was playing like this, there'd be chicken poo outside Punt Rd.

Why have we signed this guy for 3 years. He's not showing anything.
Godsmacked how he got 3yrs.He's barely vfl level.