Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

I have supported Ryan when many were questioning his worth but he has gone backwards at a rate of knots.
Has not shown enough to be rewarded 3 years. Make it a year-by-year contract, or 2 years max.

ryan.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Disappointing game.

What is with the continued focus on not trying to mark the ball, but bring it to ground. Like every time whether in a good position to mark it or not.

Is that a player led thing? Or is it coached?

Either way it is horrible for a tall players development.

Reactions: 7 users
Disappointing game.

What is with the continued focus on not trying to mark the ball, but bring it to ground. Like every time whether in a good position to mark it or not.

Is that a player led thing? Or is it coached?

Either way it is horrible for a tall players development.
Our coaching team needs a kick up the arse imo. Besides this, we've got other players doing other easily correctable things that seem, because of the longevity of them, that zero instruction or work has been put into them.

Shai is an example. Since day 1 he's had that lazy, ball moving all over the place, high ball drop, lean back kicking action on set shots. It hasn't changed one single bit over all these years so you can only conclude that nobody has worked with him to improve it.

This one arm thing with Sampson is easily fixable. He doesn't even have to clunk it in order to make big gains. But it's been going on for 2 years now and with almost it being an acceptable style. Again, tells me that there's a coaching issue here.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Our coaching team needs a kick up the arse imo. Besides this, we've got other players doing other easily correctable things that seem, because of the longevity of them, that zero instruction or work has been put into them.

Shai is an example. Since day 1 he's had that lazy, ball moving all over the place, high ball drop, lean back kicking action on set shots. It hasn't changed one single bit over all these years so you can only conclude that nobody has worked with him to improve it.

This one arm thing with Sampson is easily fixable. He doesn't even have to clunk it in order to make big gains. But it's been going on for 2 years now and with almost it being an acceptable style. Again, tells me that there's a coaching issue here.
Including some experienced players not teaching Shai and Samson. At least Teague should be gone so it will be good to see who we can pick up as forwards coach.

Disappointing.
But how good was Kosi at bringing a contest and getting the ball down to the right spots!

Agree with this.

There are some fundamentals that should be coached into our players.

Tarranto: look up before you dispose. That's it.

Balta: if you have a set shot within 60 metres of goal, you take the shot. No exceptions

Shai: keep your body behind the ball. You should never, ever run over or past it. And if you do, fight like hell to sprint back. You have the speed to accelerate away. Also, play in the midfield.

Ryan: go up with one hand one more time and we're chopping the other one off.

Reactions: 6 users
needs to take up another sport: Volleyball. Darts.

Or perhaps get into the arts: posing for a painter wanting a Statue of Liberty form.

I don't see him as a forward. I think anyone that does is holding on to hope. He isn't a one grab marker. He can't clunk em. He has baby hands. His only hope of making a success of himself is as a first ruckman. While Nank is in the form he is in, there's no spot for him. Play Ryan in the magoos in tandem with OHB, build his aerobic tank, teach him to stand up straight and look half ominous, and we'll have a half decent replacement for Nank when he's injured, and when he retires in a few years.

Reactions: 1 user
I remember watching CCJ and he often used one hand when marking a ball but somehow managed it more often than not.
Well the one mark effort this week suggests to me he needs more practice.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I hate to pot a young fella, but this guy is 5 months younger than Koschitzke.

If Kosi was playing like this, there'd be chicken poo outside Punt Rd.

Why have we signed this guy for 3 years. He's not showing anything.

Reactions: 5 users
I don't see him as a forward. I think anyone that does is holding on to hope. He isn't a one grab marker. He can't clunk em. He has baby hands. His only hope of making a success of himself is as a first ruckman. While Nank is in the form he is in, there's no spot for him. Play Ryan in the magoos in tandem with OHB, build his aerobic tank, teach him to stand up straight and look half ominous, and we'll have a half decent replacement for Nank when he's injured, and when he retires in a few years.
Tell ‘em their dreaming!