Round 9 - Game Day Thread - ESS v RICH | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 9 - Game Day Thread - ESS v RICH

As TF has mentioned, much better than the roll over and die efforts shown in past years. We were convincingly beaten, but it was looking like 60-100 point loss at one stage.

Well done to Jack for holding the forward line together again.

thought those green maggots were absolutely disgraceful tonight, frustrating enough without their ridiculous decision making. Still happy with the direction with all the kids playing tho, GO TIGES!!

Under Wallace, these were losses going nowhere, but under Dimma, these are losses going somewhere.

Players look a lot more confident during games now, even though they show the sad expression of losing again.

Seems a lot different to the Wallace games.

jackfrost said:
Ahhh Sh!t, sorry mate, never thought about that......... should have said something earlier when I mentioned it was a good game .....

lol. It's okay. I'll probable fall asleep before the game finishes. ;)

TigerForce said:
Under Wallace, these were losses going nowhere, but under Dimma, these are losses going somewhere.

Players look a lot more confident during games now, even though they show the sad expression of losing again.

Seems a lot different to the Wallace games.

Agree they show glimmers of new regime in patches its gonna take 2 years to get the game style down.

That said the useless mediocre list clogging duds are still being shown up for their deficiencies .......... which i spose may have a positive result at years end when they are hopefully axed.

Another 12 MUST GO 10 at the bare minimum.

craig said:
Agree they show glimmers of new regime in patches its gonna take 2 years to get the game style down.

That said the useless mediocre list clogging duds are still being shown up for their deficiencies .......... which i spose may have a positive result at years end when they are hopefully axed.

Another 12 MUST GO 10 at the bare minimum.

Definitely will happen at season end. This club aint a holiday ranch no more.

Well. Jack was gOod but could of been better. Tuck delide cotchin martin nason edwards were ok to. But sweet *smile* all down foward after jack. I'd bring in taylor and morton asap. Did we have anyone else down foward? Nahas rance astbury all pretty poor tonighto

I am sorry but after tonight I believe we are going nowehere fast. Before tonight I thought there were signs but tonight was a bloody disgrace and if they had of kicked straight margin would have been 100+. Get used to it people we are not going to win a game for several years.

No one can say Hardwick is doing a good job either as no one should escape scrutiny after the start to our season.

crackajack71 said:
thought those green maggots were absolutely disgraceful tonight, frustrating enough without their ridiculous decision making. Still happy with the direction with all the kids playing tho, GO TIGES!!

I cant remember so many free kicks to the opposition within the 50 metre arc, it was horrendous. Agree umpiring was disgraceful tonight. Can't wait for a future where we can say it when we actually win the match, to make it sound less like sour grapes. I don't normally comment too much on umpiring but tonight was especially bad.

We look and play like myopic midgets.

6 more big bodies needed for 2011.

No more small ineffective guys who think a damaging disposal is handballing backwards to a teammate 1 foot away.

GEDS1 said:
I am sorry but after tonight I believe we are going nowehere fast. Before tonight I thought there were signs but tonight was a bloody disgrace and if they had of kicked straight margin would have been 100+. Get used to it people we are not going to win a game for several years.

No one can say Hardwick is doing a good job either as no one should escape scrutiny after the start to our season.
Given Essendon demolished StKilda last week, does that now mean we are around the same level as them?

GoodOne said:
I cant remember so many free kicks to the opposition within the 50 metre arc, it was horrendous. Agree umpiring was disgraceful tonight. Can't wait for a future where we can say it when we actually win the match, to make it sound less like sour grapes. I don't normally comment too much on umpiring but tonight was especially bad.

Totally biased umpiring with all the frees inside 50 going to Bummers, just lucky they missed most of them. Tiggy frees for holding at stoppages was deplorable. Fletcher mark in first qtr had one forearm across Astbury's back and the other hand planted in the back to hold him off for mark, no free. Other end first goal from Ryder mark with both hands pushing Thirsfield half way to ground, no free. No holding ball against Esendon but straight away against Richmond.

Funniest thing was after Lloyd kept talking about which Bummers player to get the TV prize then said in the last qtr that Jack had only been beaten on a couple of occasions all night, Walls said something about giving him the TV then and Lloyds reaction was "huh don't give the prize to a Bummers player, what are you talking about?" On of the most biased commentaries I've heard and thus the umpiring will follow that. Got to keep taking the names of all these clever guys for when we start winning for some payback.

Waste of time reading this thread, usual ignorant rubbish from the usual suspects pushing the same barrows.

Moore + McGuane v Hurley + Pears - you really don't let reality get in the way of your bias do you Craig? Gumbleton and Hurley (note, as a forward) were basically more unsighted than the five gamer Astbury.
Bring in Taylor and Morton - Is taylor now fit to play? and Morton has got an attitude change during the VFL bye after being dropped for lack of effort?

Went to the game

Jack was great, Chimpa and Lids good, Martin good, love that he stands up in tackles, thought Tuck wasn't too bad, still has average disposal but was good with contested possession

Rance plays like he is 185cm, but his skills are only acceptable for a player that is 195cm+
Tries really hard but just aint got it ATM

Astbury is too light ATM to be a key forward and as such does not attract a top key defender, will bulk up and this will change

Farmer was poor, panicking when in possession, prolly should've been dropped for next week anyway (even without the forearm)

King barely sighted, Cousins was not too good either, disposal wasn't good, might be coming to the end for Cuz

Mcguane, just makes bad decisions full stop, unfortunately there is no one to replace him ATM

Overall the Dons had it over us all night, Knights is a dead man walking and has been since he started IMO, they bag him when they win, lose or draw

2 other things of note
1. we still don't shepherd properly, we are always looking for the handball receive or both going in for the one ball
2. the forwards get caught playing behind, when there is a quick kick inside 50 it was an easy mark to the Don defenders

both are very frustrating