Round 5 Game Night Thread - Freo versus RICHMOND | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 5 Game Night Thread - Freo versus RICHMOND

Tigers of Old said:
I don't have the luxury of watching the game either as away from my Foxtel but McGuane is on Pavlich. No easy task for any defender.
I agree is he really as bad as some are saying?

His defensive efforts are okay for a chicken legged man but whenever he has the ball in his hands he is a liability. Already turned it over a couple of times.

McGuane doing a good stopping job.

But he's got a touch of the Gaspars about him tonight. Everytime he has it I get very very nervous. :help

U2Tigers said:
I can't believe Edwards copping so much tonight.

watch the replay again and you will see he caused turnover after turnover from Freo in that first half - his second efforts after he caused the turnovers were great as well.

yeah he made mistakes but so do most our team.

Edwards is a reason along with others we are still in the game tonight.

spot on..he is one guy applying pressure.....i dont understand the mcguane #$%T HANGING either..

edwards actually has a clue, simmonds is a flog. we have shown great endeavour, just lack poise unless cuz or axel have the pill. We arent far off... Just need some forwards, Jack isnt a tall target, as much as he likes himself, he inst the answer. He may pump us up when he's hot, but that isnt enough. IMO he should be the one dropped for his lack of team play, not so much morton. I cant wait for Griffiths to play. We desperately need a TALL forward, not a semi tall like Jack..

Also Simmonds has been seviceable, but he is 32, A serviceable ruckmen used to be Pattison... He even got a game for the saints. We are achieving nothing with Simmonds, Its time for Browne to walk in. If he isnt ready, senior exposure will fast track it

wayne said:
Kicking out to Simmo every time!!

Hardwick had a lot of things to fix up when he got the job, I guess kicking out is on the task list somewhere.

Rance been ok, great attack on the ball. Nason's tackle on Tarrant was brilliant.
our kick outs stratigies are woeful, hopefully we will have a plane b in the second half

realtiger said:
Poor form from Riewoldt in the rooms. Time for a spell!!

Need much more from jack and yes his body language in rooms was not good. Hope he comes out strongly in the second half.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
our kick outs stratigies are woeful, hopefully we will have a plane b in the second half
Also when they were kicking out, we let them go straight up the middle. Our zone is not putting enough pressure on

Riewoldt is a waste of a spot tonight. Pathetic attitude. Dropped next week.

Freo kicking for goal keeping us in the game.

Kickouts just putrid.

wayne said:
McGuane doing a good stopping job.

But he's got a touch of the Gaspars about him tonight. Everytime he has it I get very very nervous. :help

Agree. Looks like giving away a free kick everyone time he is in a contest.

Martin has to stop trying to take on every single player. I love him but he cost us a goal there.

If a lot of our players are starting to cop 'in your face' criticism by Dimma, it clearly shows what a holiday resort our club has been in the last 5 years or so.