Round 5 Game Night Thread - Freo versus RICHMOND | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 5 Game Night Thread - Freo versus RICHMOND

Harry said:

what's with playing deledio in the backline again? that's wallace and frawley logic. hardwick don't go down that track.
It's his best spot I reckon, Horatio; with stints forward. Lids is like Goddard - no use trying to make him into Judd. It's not his caper.

To make another bad prediction tonight: Chelsea FTW!!! :p

Cousins had 23 disposals against Freo... most (16) were effective handballs. I say he is still highly skilled/has footy brain... just slower. In the last quarter he/our backline had nowhere to go, so he tried to handball off the leg of a Freo defender attempting an 'out on the full' decision. Did anyone else see that?

evo said:
It's his best spot I reckon, Horatio; with stints forward. Lids is like Goddard - no use trying to make him into Judd. It's not his caper.

yeah, if you had dalsanto, hayes, montagna, gram, ray, armitage, etc rotating through the middle you could afford to play him at half back. in saying that goddards best position imo is in the middle and he's been playing there more and more (and been in career best form) until he had to now go forward cos of roo's injury.

Defensive pressure, particularly in the forward half, was better than it's been for aeons. Also some good linkup passages that didn't break down. First time this year I've felt encouraged by on-field happenings, although we're still a fair way off a win.

My accessment of some of the guns tonite.

1) newman: Man up and his kick ins suck big time
3) Lids, thank god we have him
5) simmo, tries hard, but just *smile* house
8) riewolt, holiday back to coburg for at least 2 weeks, maybe longer
9) cotchin, looks like a 40 year old, no statimina
10) edwards, hand ball happy was not the worse, was he on ballaytne?
15) farmer, kick it of the ground farmer, NO GOOD
16) Mcguane, beaten by a better player, the free kick to ballaytne just made his night worse
18) rance, if he gets another 97 free kicks, he will kick a ton. NOt bad, but still falls over too much
21) Tuck, was good but again and again his kicking stucks
24) collins, was ok run hard and opened the game up
26) nahas, best in the first half by a mile, tackles and chases.. fanastic
29) vicks, long way to go
30) tampo, *smile*, pox, crap,
32) cuz, tried hard, but not enough support
36)martin, great for a half, then tried, couldnt run in the last qtr
40) moore, the missed pass in the 2nd qtr and being out mark by the smurf, disgraceful
41) foley, welcome back road runner, great return
43)dea, please go back to coburg for the rest of the season
44) taylor, do we recruit the laziest aboriginal players ever, not only have we got tampo and now we got taylor
asbury, out of his depth killed by the experince of Mcplahlin

Overall, Fanastic 1st qtr and *smile* 2nd qtr, undispilined 3qtr and typicial richmond 4 th qtr...
Lets recruit some BIG bodied players next year, we get pushed and pumped out of contests to easy...
Hardwick, this week is kick out practice week, just disgraceful 20 times we kicked straight to sandilands.

p

Tigre garçon said:
Cousins had 23 disposals against Freo... most (16) were effective handballs. I say he is still highly skilled/has footy brain... just slower. In the last quarter he/our backline had nowhere to go, so he tried to handball off the leg of a Freo defender attempting an 'out on the full' decision. Did anyone else see that?

Yes I saw it and it's the type of smart tactics our players have to learn.

Re: We are certs

PM_turpie_narrowweb__300x414,0.jpg

For those wanting Simmons out....Browne named as as one of the best for Coburg as was Polo.

BTW, I can't remember, has a team ever gone a whole year without winning a game??

graystar1 said:
For those wanting Simmons out....Browne named as as one of the best for Coburg as was Polo.

BTW, I can't remember, has a team ever gone a whole year without winning a game??

simmonds was terrible and browne played really well in the ressies.....

also criminal to be leaving polo out should easily be in that team....

Tuck sure had almost 30 touches and the sun has him with only 1 clanger, let me tell u i reckon at at least 20 of his disposals were nothing kicks just hurried bombs to nowhere, no vision and terrible decision making....no point getting the ball 30 times if 20 of them go nowhere, commentators especially Brian Taylor was mentioning that...anyone who has taped it just see Tucky's quick kicks to no where, just hurries kicks with no thought to where the ball should go, ahh to a team mates advantage (not likely)....

zippadeee said:
My accessment of some of the guns tonite.

1) newman: Man up and his kick ins suck big time His opponent was a damaging contributor all night, regardless of who it was.
3) Lids, thank god we have him Taking it too seriously, needs to realise he is only one of 22.
5) simmo, tries hard, but just sh!t house Felt sorry for him, tried hard but is clearly on one leg. Its probably over.
8) riewolt, holiday back to coburg for at least 2 weeks, maybe longer Needs to understand that its about presenting, bringing the ball to ground as well as kicking 40 goals.
9) cotchin, looks like a 40 year old, no statimina Yes but still in our first 10 picked.
10) edwards, hand ball happy was not the worse, was he on ballaytne? Newman and Farmer were on Ballantyne in the 3rd quarter when he cut loose.
15) farmer, kick it of the ground farmer, NO GOOD Not a footballer, but at least we don't have *smile* anymore. Polo a better option.
16) Mcguane, beaten by a better player, the free kick to ballaytne just made his night worse. Somebody will hurt Balantyne badly one day.
18) rance, if he gets another 97 free kicks, he will kick a ton. NOt bad, but still falls over too much Agree, but was presenting JR did you watch.
21) Tuck, was good but again and again his kicking stucksand his handball
24) collins, was ok run hard and opened the game up good game
26) nahas, best in the first half by a mile, tackles and chases.. fanastic great game
29) vicks, long way to go dumb decisions, short kicks across half back, inteference
30) tampo, sh!t, pox, crap, reactive, watches then runs, needs to run to position before it happens, not sure instinct can be taught but some strategies can.
32) cuz, tried hard, but not enough support tries hard, kicking penetration is a handicap now.
36)martin, great for a half, then tried, couldnt run in the last qtr agree, will be a good player
40) moore, the missed pass in the 2nd qtr and being out mark by the smurf, disgraceful Its a problem that when McGaune is being beaten he is not considered an option.
41) foley, welcome back road runner, great return I don't rate his disposal vision and decisions as much as many here, but his ability to get it and improve our clearances is second to none.
43)dea, please go back to coburg for the rest of the season Like Astbury, looks gangly, slow and not sure he should be out there, with development both could bein the first 22 for a few years.
44) taylor, do we recruit the laziest aboriginal players ever, not only have we got tampo and now we got taylor
asbury, out of his depth killed by the experince of Mcplahlin

Overall, Fanastic 1st qtr and sh!t 2nd qtr, undispilined 3qtr and typicial richmond 4 th qtr...
Lets recruit some BIG bodied players next year, we get pushed and pumped out of contests to easy...
Hardwick, this week is kick out practice week, just disgraceful 20 times we kicked straight to sandilands.

don't get to watch many games live here in Perth and get the whole of ground perspective. It is clear that biggest problem with our kicking and kick-ins is presentation efforts from players up the ground. Boys are not happy to work hard without recieving the ball. In some cases like Tambling they don't run until they see where the ball is going rather than running to create an option for the ball. Good leads demand opposition cover and open up the game for the team.

p

The last couple of pages of this thread have given me plenty of laughs and I reckon most thoughts are pretty much on the money

Rance the lunger is spot on. He should simply lead with his head all the time

AstuteTiger said:
simmonds was terrible and browne played really well in the ressies.....

also criminal to be leaving polo out should easily be in that team....

Tuck sure had almost 30 touches and the sun has him with only 1 clanger, let me tell u i reckon at at least 20 of his disposals were nothing kicks just hurried bombs to nowhere, no vision and terrible decision making....no point getting the ball 30 times if 20 of them go nowhere, commentators especially Brian Taylor was mentioning that...anyone who has taped it just see Tucky's quick kicks to no where, just hurries kicks with no thought to where the ball should go, ahh to a team mates advantage....
I agree, Polo should be in our best 18 but on the proviso he plays ONBALL. Is a better version of Tucky and looks a natural midfielder to me