Round 5 Game Night Thread - Freo versus RICHMOND | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 5 Game Night Thread - Freo versus RICHMOND

First half the good Deledio, Cotch, Martin, Nahas, Foley, Vickery

Putrid - Simmonds x 3, Edwards x 2 and McGuane is woeful. Special mention to Dea he has no idea what he is doing just yet

GEDS1 said:

Putrid - Simmonds x 3, Edwards x 2 and McGuane is woeful. Special mention to Dea he has no idea what he is doing just yet
Why are Simmonds & Edwards still in the side?

Need some forward structure rethinking. Vickery or Jack need to play deep so when we dont have options 70 m out we can then try a 60m kich to the top of the sqaure,,, best we have looked running the ball out of defence (apart from kick outs)... just loose total composure when we drive it inside 50..

Tigers centre and forward pressure was fantastic in that first quarter. Obviously dropped off in the second and freo lifted their intensity which got them back into the game. We need to get back that pressure we had in the first quarter around the ball and from our forwards once we get the ball into our forward line. Freo still missing some bloody easy shots in front of goal though.

See there was a bit of pushing and shoving going in at half time by the freo and tiger boys. Fire up tiges and keep that pressure and the 1%ers up!!

GEDS1 said:

Look I don't have TV coverage but from what you hear on the radio Muscles is having a good game, no disrespect but do you just have it in for the guy? I am not going to argue against you because you are probably watching it live but is he really that bad?

In summary for guys not able to watch

Simmo..aggresive and proving a nuisance

Marto...a gem and very good vision

Nahas...kid seems to be back..hard running and great work ethic

Lids....has his superman cape on but maybe needs to pick his targets better

Bling...a like him but tonite has bot ben good, murdered at least one goal

Nason.....running hard and annoying without too many touches

Rance...guy has courage and is working hard

Newman...going well and proving a good link guy at half back

Jack....his worst effort this year...if he finds his feet in the second half we r a chance

Moore and McGuane working hard under the pump

Dea....looks lost and needs time in the reggies

Overall, we have murdered a few forward attacks with terrible decisions going into our 50. No focal forward..really wish Morton was playing. Our pressure and harrassing is excellent but must be taking it toll.

A serious lack of run in the latter part of that quarter. Foley is working into the game nicely, Edwards has been very clean with his hands and showing good evasive

skills. We need Jack to be more of a focal point up forward rather than playing him at the back - we've got no-one to kick it to. Matt Dea's attack on the ball has been

great but his couple of touches have been scrappy. To be a chance we really need Deledio, Foley, Martin and Cotchin to provide run through the middle.

I can't believe Edwards copping so much tonight.

watch the replay again and you will see he caused turnover after turnover from Freo in that first half - his second efforts after he caused the turnovers were great as well.

yeah he made mistakes but so do most our team.

Edwards is a reason along with others we are still in the game tonight.

Kicking out to Simmo every time!!

Hardwick had a lot of things to fix up when he got the job, I guess kicking out is on the task list somewhere.

Rance been ok, great attack on the ball. Nason's tackle on Tarrant was brilliant.

mb64 said:
Why are Simmonds & Edwards still in the side?

Because we've got no-one better to replace them... Edwards has been ok tonight anyway.

Foley has been great, looks like he hasn't missed a game. Isn't struggling with the speed of the game which is a great sign.

Nahas has been much better than his first two games, however looks like he's dealing with some groin issues, so not sure how long he'll be out there for.

Dea, as much as I love his endeavor, is just downright scary when he gets the ball. Not ready at all.

Jack playing a shocker... which is a shame after last week. Might have another inconsistent forward on our hands (ala Schulz).

Another guy that has looked much better is Collins. Getting into everything, looks a bit quicker and his disposal has been better. Looks like the Collo of last year, which is good to see.

We'll definitely lose this game. We can't handle Freo's defensive pressure, which they forgot to apply in the first quarter. But it's a good feeling to be in a game at half time for once.

Every week we seem to have one really bad quarter, I hope that was it just then.
We have chosen some really bad options going forward a couple of times. I know you have to move it on quick, but blazing to a three on one in their favour is just dumb.
Having said that I have been pleased with our attack on the ball so far :clap

zgod said:
Look I don't have TV coverage but from what you hear on the radio Muscles is having a good game, no disrespect but do you just have it in for the guy? I am not going to argue against you because you are probably watching it live but is he really that bad?

I don't have the luxury of watching the game either as away from my Foxtel but McGuane is on Pavlich. No easy task for any defender.
I agree is he really as bad as some are saying?

Tigers of Old said:
I don't have the luxury of watching the game either as away from my Foxtel but McGuane is on Pavlich. No easy task for any defender.
I agree is he really as bad as some are saying?

I like McGuane, but he's been average tonight. He needs help down there...

Fremantly have done well to keep Moore up the ground and have isolated McGuane. The only help he's had down there is Dea.

Can't wait for Thursty to come back. We look much stronger down back when he's there.