Round 2 of the 2015 finals...The other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 of the 2015 finals...The other Games

bullus_hit said:
Some first rate talls yet nothing flashy in the midfield, just quality blue collar players who can win the contested ball. It just goes to show that in finals football looking pretty rarely becomes a factor, just more reason to throw the kitchen sink at Treloar.

Treloar. Said he wants to playy for Collingwood, that's enough for me..

TigerForce said:
He's not quality, but do you think Matt Thomas is worth investing in?

Not really, he just doesn't rack up the numbers required of a midfielder.

zippadeee said:
West coast should cook them next week. Then everyone will be on there backs 2 plem's in row and out.
Too old

I doubt it. It's a good record considering all the shortfalls that keep getting mentioned. We'd take it but alas we can only dream of that kind of result. We get excited about just making the finals. For a team like North it's pretty much business as usual. Would be interested to know their finals record compared to ours since our last premiership.

North Melbourne have done very well full credit to them. Brad Scott has built up a solid core of contested ball winners that stand up in finals. They have a dominant ruckman and have taken some risks on Higgins and Waite which have paid off big time for them. Many people said Waite was to old and Higgins to injury prone but they have delivered in spades. It was bold high risk high reward recruiting.

We should learn some valuable lessons from them. You need as many contest ball winning players as possible to win finals and you need to be brave in recruiting. On any measure other than fan support they have been light years ahead of us as a club.

rosy23 said:
We get excited about just making the finals. For a team like North it's pretty much business as usual.
Disagree with this point Rosy. 2013 & 2014, yes there was excitement at just making it. This year we have moved boyond that. Hence the intense disappointment and criticism at bowing out in the first week. More so by far than the previous two years.

tigertim said:
They just showed some footage of him on the ground on his back lashing out with a "donkey kick" at Scott Thompson.

Commentators quickly claiming there's nothing in it.

i think kicking a donkey like Thompson should be allowed, no actually it should be encouraged.

Brodders17 said:
i think kicking a donkey like Thompson should be allowed, no actually it should be encouraged.
:hihi Nathan Grima said early this year that no opposition players like Thompson.

I always thought Goodes was a role model for Thomas with his diving an staging an sniper acts , got it all wrong Thomas was the role model, as I see Goodsey copy his cowardly little kick last night , move along nothing to see its Goodsey the protected one

Cant stand North.

The whole club reeks of sum.

The way they play annoys me, the coach annoys me, the whole shin boner spirit crap annoys me!

I will be cheering for the Eagles very hard next week!

rosy23 said:
I doubt it. It's a good record considering all the shortfalls that keep getting mentioned. We'd take it but alas we can only dream of that kind of result. We get excited about just making the finals. For a team like North it's pretty much business as usual. Would be interested to know their finals record compared to ours since our last premiership.
They got absolutely smashed over there a few years ago in an EF, rosy. West Coast are arguably better now, and I don't think North are that much improved. They have to travel over there and they haven't been able to rest their old players. West Coast should be refreshed and ready to go. I think it's Kangaroo for dinner at the House of Pain next week.
Not that any of it really matters if the Tigers aren't there and we'll be flat out just making it next year, let alone finding whatever it takes to win a final.

TIGEREXTRA said:
Cant stand North.

The way they play annoys me, the coach annoys me, the whole shin boner spirit crap annoys me!

I'm with you TE

rosy23 said:
Every team gets excited to make finals because you can't win a flag if you don't. The thing i noticed this season was the lack of intensity with which the players sang the song after wins in the last month before the finals which signalled to me, along with lots of things the club said , that making the final was expected but that we had a burning desire to do more. That's why the loss to North hurt them so much.

I spoke to a relative of a player in the last few days and was told that the playing group is nowhere close to being over the loss against North. To say that somehow Richmond was excited just to make finals and North wasn't is just wrong imo.

It's got nothing to do with records since our last finals appearance, it's got to do with what the expectations of the teams were this year. I know from talking to this player's relative over the year that the richmond players' expectations in 2015 were far higher than getting beaten in an elimination final

Sintiger said:
Every team gets excited to make finals because you can't win a flag if you don't. The thing i noticed this season was the lack of intensity with which the players sang the song after wins in the last month before the finals which signalled to me, along with lots of things the club said , that making the final was expected but that we had a burning desire to do more. That's why the loss to North hurt them so much.

I spoke to a relative of a player in the last few days and was told that the playing group is nowhere close to being over the loss against North. To say that somehow Richmond was excited just to make finals and North wasn't is just wrong imo.

It's got nothing to do with records since our last finals appearance, it's got to do with what the expectations of the teams were this year. I know from talking to this player's relative over the year that the richmond players' expectations in 2015 were far higher than getting beaten in an elimination final
I'm pretty sure they hurt after the other 2 losses, they kept telling us how much all summer. What I'd like to know is what are they going to do about it? How are they players who let the side down going to conquer their mental demons and perform at their highest level in the games that count the most. How is Damien going to improve his coaching to make moves that he may not have considered before (such as not playing Batchelor on a dominant Waite for most of the game, or moving Trent Cotchin forward for a bit when he was being beaten by Jacobs to mess up North's structures, or maybe putting a man on Hansen? That's not a new thing from Scott. He's caught Damien out with that before) Their expectations might have been higher, but their performances didn't live up to it. I can't trust the club anymore.

Sintiger said:
....... I know from talking to this player's relative over the year that the richmond players' expectations in 2015 were far higher than getting beaten in an elimination final

I think that would go without saying. Pity they didn't do a bit more to achieve those expectations.

TIGEREXTRA said:
Cant stand North.

What do you mean by "reeks of sum" TE?

Wouldn't we all love that kind of win against the odds, give your all, never give up spirit that wins finals.

rosy23 said:
I think that would go without saying. Pity they didn't do a bit more to achieve those expectations.
CarnTheTiges said:
I'm pretty sure they hurt after the other 2 losses, they kept telling us how much all summer. What I'd like to know is what are they going to do about it? How are they players who let the side down going to conquer their mental demons and perform at their highest level in the games that count the most. How is Damien going to improve his coaching to make moves that he may not have considered before (such as not playing Batchelor on a dominant Waite for most of the game, or moving Trent Cotchin forward for a bit when he was being beaten by Jacobs to mess up North's structures, or maybe putting a man on Hansen? That's not a new thing from Scott. He's caught Damien out with that before) Their expectations might have been higher, but their performances didn't live up to it. I can't trust the club anymore.
Different subject. I am just saying that the players had high expectations and they are gutted and very disappointed. What would you like them to be, happy ?

What they do about it is up to them and the proof of that will be in next season's pudding.

Sintiger said:
Different subject. I am just saying that the players had high expectations and they are gutted and very disappointed. What would you like them to be, happy ?

What they do about it is up to them and the proof of that will be in next season's pudding.
I expect them to be gutted. We are. It's just that we keep hearing this and nothing ever seems to change it.

WesternTiger said:
I'm with you TE
1st Commandment. Thou shalt not barrack for the Eagles.

I went to an Eagles Carlton game once and tried to barrack for them. Half way through the first quarter I was barracking for the blues without even consciously deciding to. Never has there been supporter group more worthy of derision. This club is prepared to flout any rule to disadvantage any other club. Even the west australian ran an article on their free kick inequity this week.

I will be barracking for the shinboners and whoever wins the other prelim in the GF