Round 19: the Tax Return games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 19: the Tax Return games.

How great is it waking up on a Saturday morning after Essendon p1ssed their season away in a matter of minutes last night.

This feeling is one of life's simple and underrated pleasures.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
How great is it waking up on a Saturday morning after Essendon p1ssed their season away in a matter of minutes last night.

Woke up this morning and saw the scores, then had a bit of a chuckle

In a way I hope that they make the 8 because they can't lose a final if they aren't in one.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Thought u might have been hoping for a chance to knock them off during the finals BB gun. Pleasure factor off the scales

Yeah was a thing of beauty last night.

Was flicking between the TDF and the Canberra v Warriors match.
Then to see EssenDoom go down.
A good night.

The Package.
The Pepper.
The Edge.
Whatever it takes.

Can imagine Lortto (or whatever he calls himself) having a good sook.
And Mrs Doubtfire, too.
Although prob just opened another bottle of Red to forget.

(Side point.
Never seen a more underwhelming homecoming hero than last week.
Reeked of EssenDoom.
Wouldn't answer where allegiances lie. Just said it's to the game)

Anyway getting ready to spend an enjoyable arvo down to the pub with my Hawks mate watching them play The Carringbush.
And a few Jim Beams.

Reactions: 1 user
just watch Scotts presser. what a way to kick off a weekend.

It was like hes method acting for the lead role in 'The life and times of ScoMo'

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Come on mann you haven't found anything knew.
This happens every single year.
Since the bye 2 wins and 5 losess

The Bombres are in that age sweet spot, but they're no good. Mature bodies will get them wins over younger or injury-ravaged teams, but when the heat is on, they'll go to water. A bit like Scotts Norf tenure.

Jeez the Suns look flat and disinterested.

Like when the shiny finish on your vacuum coated plastic toys wears off on Boxing Day.

• Haha
Free kick count Giants 6 Suns 15 :oops:

Umps doing all they can to help Dimma and his toys

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
The Bombres are in that age sweet spot, but they're no good. Mature bodies will get them wins over younger or injury-ravaged teams, but when the heat is on, they'll go to water. A bit like Scotts Norf tenure.

Their list is in an awful state. I'd much rather our list and our draft hand than the crap they have.

With their best players mostly older than 26 then their list profile says they should have been playing finals for a number of years and be ready to push hard for a flag. They are nowhere near that:

Their rucks are a rabble. If Draper had a normal persons haircut aside from the biggest bogans and he didn't have a goofy celebration they'd want him delisted. Nearly 26 and still can't handle the ruck position himself so they have to play a 36 year old to take the number 1 ruck

Their forwards are getting older, Stringer is 30, Wright and Langford nearly 28
Merrett is nearly 29

I reckon they will stumble by over the next 2 years, maybe make a final, probably lose it, and then fall in a complete heap.