Round 19: the Tax Return games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 19: the Tax Return games.

Fair dinkum the Curnow frees are actually embarrassing. Never seen a big bloke gifted such soft frees like him.

Fair dinkum the Curnow frees are actually embarrassing. Never seen a big bloke gifted such soft frees like him.
His mate McKay gets a pretty good run too.

Charlie Dixon has made a career out of free kick goals as did Ben Clown Shoes Brown, Daniher has done ok from the Umps also.

Reactions: 1 user
Depends who’s perspective your viewing it from.

In their minds they’re nailing their KPI’s.

The team that was supposed to win did.
I guess so. As a neutral it ruined what may have been an interesting finish, as it seems to do at least once or twice every round.

Would love more scrutiny on umpires. Shocking decisions/non decisions highlighted and the umpires responsible named in a weekly roundup.

Reactions: 2 users
Terrible umpiring. Expecting the AFL to tick it all off tomorrow morning.

Would love more scrutiny on umpires. Shocking decisions/non decisions highlighted and the umpires responsible named in a weekly roundup.
The umpiring is a mess that probably can’t be unravelled at this point.

Who even knows how many layers of useless corporate weasels are in lockstep to make it almost impossible for common sense to prevail.

You would think that someone at AFL HQ with clout and a genuine love for the game would have already demanded that the rules were stripped back, and that only obvious infringements were paid by umpires (like in finals).

You would think that such a modus operandi might make the game easier to adjudicate and probably more enjoyable to watch.

Instead we have the total opposite.

And all of the non decisions are a killer; I refuse to accept that so many clear infringements are missed by the umpires throughout games. The mauling of our forwards, blocking, scragging etc.

Nothing will change unless people vote with their $$$

Reactions: 3 users
Curnow last 3 seasons - 66 games
FF - 91
FA - 47

Lynch - last 5 seasons - 64 games
FF - 69
FA - 91

Lynch take more contested marks. Assume he is therefore in more contests. Lynch is bigger, a more traditional get in front and go at the ball forward - IMO anyway.

How do you reconcile those stats?

Clear bias is in play.

*smile* you midget twerp cheats

Reactions: 6 users
There goes top two.

This is so typical of this club that I'm not even upset. Keep doing you, Carlton.

C'mon BB. We all see what you are doing - it's called emotional hedging.

One thing's for sure - Essendon, Collingwood and Geelong aren't taking top four off you. And don't forget, Richmond won it's last three flags coming off third on the ladder.

I think Carlton's biggest problem is that their defence leaks too many goals. Same applied to Melbourne in 2018, they fixed it and won a flag. Problem for Carlton is that they need to do it while they still have 2 gun forwards and Cripps. We'll see but leaky defence is death in finals. They are a very good team and should be contenders, if they can fix the defence.

DS

C'mon BB. We all see what you are doing - it's called emotional hedging.

One thing's for sure - Essendon, Collingwood and Geelong aren't taking top four off you. And don't forget, Richmond won it's last three flags coming off third on the ladder.
Last four flags actually :).

Reactions: 1 users
I think Carlton's biggest problem is that their defence leaks too many goals. Same applied to Melbourne in 2018, they fixed it and won a flag. Problem for Carlton is that they need to do it while they still have 2 gun forwards and Cripps. We'll see but leaky defence is death in finals. They are a very good team and should be contenders, if they can fix the defence.

DS
Massive reliance on Weitering.