Round 17: the sweaty hemorrhoid games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 17: the sweaty hemorrhoid games.

Want to maximise our picks for 2024 if that means we’re last so be it Don’t want third or fourth best want #1 we get first choice of best young talent
Its upto us to pick the best player available at everyone of our picks that follow
Top of the list apparently looking very even this year. A little bit ofuck will likely play into who ends up being the best.

Reactions: 1 user
As good as pick one sounds I find it hard to celebrate winning a wooden spoon (if it comes to pass) 4 years after winning a flag. Not sure if that has ever happened before; if it has it would’ve been a long time ago. That is some fall from grace and nothing to celebrate.

Obviously we’ve had horrendous injuries but regardless it’s disappointing to have fallen so far so fast. Particularly when the club’s stated ambition was that we wouldn’t bottom out. We’ve been deadset putrid this year.
It has happened before. But as you said, a long time ago. I can find hawks winning in 1961 and spoon in 1965 and south Melbourne winning in 1918 and spoon in 1922.
If it helps, season isn’t over so no need to worry about “celebrating “ anything yet ;)

3 premierships softens the blow. We need to rebuild the list. It starts with this draft.

We simply wouldn't have won 3 flags without a core of top draft picks. Some didn't work out. It's both a numbers game and an art.

Reactions: 5 users
It has happened before. But as you said, a long time ago. I can find hawks winning in 1961 and spoon in 1965 and south Melbourne winning in 1918 and spoon in 1922.
If it helps, season isn’t over so no need to worry about “celebrating “ anything yet ;)
West Coast 2006 -2010 and nearly did it again 2018-2023.

Look you're right. And it's easy to get sucked into the pile-on. How much of that is jealousy and how much is legitimate, founded criticism? I've seen him nancy about a few times when it comes to the crunch. It's not a great look - for him, or anyone who does it. But as you say, he is still a boy. As I said, he's a matchwinner right now - the scary thing is he could be even better if he starts committing his body to the contest.

RE jealousy - how many clubs would love to receive a matchwinner for peanuts due to the father/son rule? I think a bit of the criticism sometimes stems from that.

While the hate is excessive, by the same token, the gushing praise he receives for the most run-of-the-mill acts on-field is nauseating. I think a large part of the resentment certainly stems from this. But that's not his fault. If anything it's a blight on the AFL media, and their prioritising of clicks and sensationalist tripe over proper news and analysis - and a textbook example of the current shambolic state of AFL media.
Balanced posting from a Carlton supporter about a Collingwood player on a Richmond support fan site has to be bananable.

Doesn’t it?

Mods?

Help

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
How many bob cuts and headbands can one team have?

Reactions: 1 users
I’m happy with 3 flags and letting our premiership champs retire as one-club players and in their own time. We can be proud we’ve been honourable and stayed true to them, and I’ll love seeing them as Homecoming Heroes for years to come.

I’m not fussed about a spoon in light of that. We know this year (and last, partly) are down to an improbable run of injuries. We’ve got pick one; some promising cubs (knowing not all will work out); more we haven’t seen properly yet; a new Recruiting Manager who is already looking good (Blight and Gray).

Lots to look forward to. Let’s just hang in there and keep turning up.

Reactions: 7 users
For Hawthorn's hard work to win 7 out of 8
It comes to shitt now.
Means nothing.
Shouldve let us win for Dusty

I think this is a complete list of the instances of five years or fewer to go from premiers to spooners:

3 years
Melbourne 1948-1951

4 years
South Melbourne 1918-1922
Hawthorn 1961-1965
West Coast 2006-2010

5 years
Melbourne 1900-1905
South Melbourne 1933-1938
Geelong 1952-1957
Footscray 1954-1959
Melbourne 1964-1969
West Coast 2018-2023

Fitzroy won the flag in 1913 and in a sense won the spoon in 1916, but there were only four teams in it that year and they ended up winning the Grand Final.

Reactions: 2 users
Does ,"Mitchell the Greatest," Think Picking up midgets will get him success? Ward & Watson & Chol
They as close to winning a flag as us.
There arrogance against us was too much for a club that has done Jack shitt for 8 yrs