Round 17: the sweaty hemorrhoid games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 17: the sweaty hemorrhoid games.

#1 pick will make up for all that hurt
Couldn’t give a *smile* about pick 1. How often does pick one end up being the best player in a draft? No Harley Reid this year. I’d be happy with pick 2 or 3 and not win a spoon 4 years after winning a flag. There is no obvious stand out for pick one this year so we’re just a likely to get a gun with pick 2 or 3.

Reactions: 8 users
I'll tell ya right now how's its gonna go.
North will beat us R21 at Dumplands.
That will lock in pick 1 if it hasn't been already.
Unless we decide to chuck all towels in we will beat GC R24 @ G.

Reactions: 1 user
Couldn’t give a *smile* about pick 1. How often does pick one end up being the best player in a draft? No Harley Reid this year. I’d be happy with pick 2 or 3 and not win a spoon 4 years after winning a flag. There is no obvious stand out for pick one this year so we’re just a likely to get a gun with pick 2 or 3.
Sometimes you gotta go backwards to go forward just ask North Hawks & Cartoon

Reactions: 1 users
Would you spilt the pick 5 and 10 for example?
Or 7 & 12???
I would do it.
We need as many new quality kids as possible

As good as pick one sounds I find it hard to celebrate winning a wooden spoon (if it comes to pass) 4 years after winning a flag. Not sure if that has ever happened before; if it has it would’ve been a long time ago. That is some fall from grace and nothing to celebrate.

Obviously we’ve had horrendous injuries but regardless it’s disappointing to have fallen so far so fast. Particularly when the club’s stated ambition was that we wouldn’t bottom out. We’ve been deadset putrid this year.
I don't think an horrendous season will ever feel truly horrendous to me ever again.

I feel the same Riddles, but nowadays the spoon is barely recognised compared to 1st pick.

Sometimes you gotta go backwards to go forward just ask North Hawks & Cartoon
Really? North have been rubbish for 8 years. You want to be as *smile* as them for the next 8 years? Carlton have been shithouse for over 20 years? They were taking Murphy, Gibbs and Kruezer in 2005, 2006 & 2007 where did that get them? 20 years later they are finally challenging for a flag and made the finals for the first time in 10 years last year. You want that type of “success” for us??

Pussies 5 behinds in a row and then the Pooey-looking Dorks score a goal.

Really? North have been rubbish for 8 years. You want to be as *smile* as them for the next 8 years? Carlton have been shithouse for over 20 years? They were taking Murphy, Gibbs and Kruezer in 2005, 2006 & 2007 where did that get them? 20 years later they are finally challenging for a flag and made the finals for the first time in 10 years last year. You want that type of “success” for us??
I'd say we have the infrastructure behind us now to get it right but there's zero guarantees in footy.

Reactions: 3 users
Would you spilt the pick 5 and 10 for example?
Or 7 & 12???
I would do it.
We need as many new quality kids as possible
It’d be tempting especially in a supposedly even draft like this. Two good players is better than one. Still would find it difficult to give away a top 3 pick.

I'd say we have the infrastructure behind us now to get it right but there's zero guarantees in footy.
A lot of good people have departed the club in recent years. A lot of good people. It’s an interesting watch.

Want to maximise our picks for 2024 if that means we’re last so be it Don’t want third or fourth best want #1 we get first choice of best young talent
Its upto us to pick the best player available at everyone of our picks that follow

Reactions: 3 users
Want to maximise our picks for 2024 if that means we’re last so be it Don’t want third or fourth best want #1 we get first choice of best young talent
Its upto us to pick the best player available at everyone of our picks that follow
There is absolutely no guarantee we will get the best player at pick one. In fact it is very likely that pick one will not turn out to be the best player. History shows that. I’d be happy with 2 or 3. Really don’t think it would make much difference in the long run. Definitely don’t want a spoon.

Just remember Carlton and Melbourne tanking in 2007 and 2009? How’d that work out? Carlton still haven’t won a flag and it took Melbourne 12 years.

There is absolutely no guarantee we will get the best player at pick one. In fact it is very likely that pick one will not turn out to be the best player. History shows that. I’d be happy with 2 or 3. Really don’t think it would make much difference in the long run. Definitely don’t want a spoon.

Just remember Carlton and Melbourne tanking in 2007 and 2009? How’d that work out? Carlton still haven’t won a flag and it took Melbourne 12 years.
Theres no guarantee we will get the best player AT ALL. This ride was always coming love it or hate it.