Round 13 game day thread vs Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 13 game day thread vs Swans

tigersnake said:
played a year too long. Should have been tapped on the shoulder

I've posted this before. When they stay a year too long the farewell tour is for the opposition fans. They get a chance to laugh and boo at an old tormentor and he doesn't have the game to shut them up anymore.

Watching Goodes get stripped of the ball repeatedly during that hectic final quarter was sad for him but very reassuring for Richmond fans who knew that the ball was in good hands pretty much every time he (briefly) touched it.

tigersnake said:
the commentators, especially mcavaney, bandwagon jumping was comical

All morons.

When the Tigers beat Sydney in round 23 last year, Sydney had nothing to play for, they rested Buddy, they didn't try. Then they beat Freo in Perth, Freo must have taken them lightly, they were due for a down game, Johnson got injured.

After the first half last night they were thinking how far, Sydney?

Up come the Tigers last night..................um.........um...........Buddy was sad because the got reported, that's why.

Morons.

In fact, the morons amongst them are the commentator versions of rocket scientists.

As for Bruce, he was just upset because he couldn't figure out which Tigers have the lovely lefty legs.

TigerForce said:
What's wrong with #reply 185 Yin. Don't you like Scotty Turner? We were playing badly and down by 5 goals.
Nothing wrong with #185. It commenced a chain of some of the more intelligent comments.

I only watch the swans when they play us, so most of the time I'm pretty ambivalent towards goodes.
But then when we get around to playing them again I am reminded why he is so disliked (as a player).

He carries on like a spoilt child when things aren't going his way, is very dirty off the ball and acts all innocent if/when found out. The dumpires don't help by acting like over-bearing protective parents, thinking their little diddums couldn't possibly do anything wrong! (When will they pay a free against him ffs?)

He's a plastic tough guy, trying to be all like angry and stuff, even when there is nothing to be all angry about (case in point when rance slid with buddy), but a huge squib in the contest.

His nickname should be "sledgehammer", not because he's tough, but because he is such a massive tool.

Boo goodes, Go tiges, Suck it Sydney

BTW, hope he is selfish again next year and decides to play on, taking up valuable space in sydneys cap (if it exists...)

TOT70 said:
All morons.

When the Tigers beat Sydney in round 23 last year, Sydney had nothing to play for, they rested Buddy, they didn't try. Then they beat Freo in Perth, Freo must have taken them lightly, they were due for a down game, Johnson got injured.

After the first half last night they were thinking how far, Sydney?

Up come the Tigers last night..................um.........um...........Buddy was sad because the got reported, that's why.

Morons.

In fact, the morons amongst them are the commentator versions of rocket scientists.

As for Bruce, he was just upset because he couldn't figure out which Tigers have the lovely lefty legs.

Bruce has lost it. Says dumb things all the time. Sometimes they're dumb funny, sometimes they're dumb annoying. I dunno if its just me, but commentators these days seem to have a poorer calibre of pat go-to comments, (how often did they say 'he started well' last night?), and also they constantly criticise players. I don't think it was always this way, they used to just call the game. If a player did a great snap, they used to say 'great snap'. Now they go on about how it was a 'digraceful defensive effort by player X', 'he won't want to see that video', 'the coach won't be happy with that', 'they allowed him too much space there' (even if its half a sq metre), all bloody game. Usually the munitest stuff, geez its annoying

tigersnake said:
Bruce has lost it. Says dumb things all the time. Sometimes they're dumb funny, sometimes they're dumb annoying. I dunno if its just me, but commentators these days seem to have a poorer calibre of pat go-to comments, (how often did they say 'he started well' last night?), and also they constantly criticise players. I don't think it was always this way, they used to just call the game. If a player did a great snap, they used to say 'great snap'. Now they go on about how it was a 'digraceful defensive effort by player X', 'he won't want to see that video', 'the coach won't be happy with that', 'they allowed him too much space there' (even if its half a sq metre), all bloody game. Usually the munitest stuff, geez its annoying

Ling's assessment of a backward swinging arm protecting the players space was particularly amusing.

tigersnake said:

It's more the bias side of a commentator that irritates me and is not professional. They just hide it in their tone of voice as Dennis the Menace often does. I'm still wondering what he implied after the Freo win (4 in a row by us) by saying that "Dimma's safe...well at least for another week" because of the bye break we had. Smart arse comment or what....we just won 4 in a row Dennis you goose.

The only annoying part of Bruce is his rhetorical question habit and wild orgasm tone of voice.

se7en said:
CIbdWKHUcAA-SBB.png

And he wonders why he gets booed. ???

It's a traditional technique therefor you can't complain about it.

Most commentators are parrots these days. Most don't do their homework and just spit out what they last heard on Kardashian's Twiiter.

tigersnake said:

Commentary and discussion in general is quite negative these days, only a select few players are seen as flawless. Richmond is usually terrible, occasionally fantastic; not much in between.

Gotta fill in all those airwaves I suppose.

MB78 said:
There is a pick doing the rounds on Facebook of Goodes doing a squirrel grip to Hunt last night. He should get a fine at least for this.

Just a dirty, sniping, whinging, pathetic sook bag is Goodes. The worst part is that he pretty much has been for half a decade now!

Bet he gets away without even the slap of a lettuce leaf. Still, got a good feel I suppose. :angel:

TigerForce said:
It's more the bias side of a commentator that irritates me and is not professional. They just hide it in their tone of voice as Dennis the Menace often does. I'm still wondering what he implied after the Freo win (4 in a row by us) by saying that "Dimma's safe...well at least for another week" because of the bye break we had. Smart arse comment or what....we just won 4 in a row Dennis you goose.

"Veiled scorn" best describes Cometti's regular commentary style regarding Richmond. Remember that umpire goaltending game v Freo when White kicked a goal near the end to put us in front? Cometti's facade cracked wide open.

K3 said:
Just a dirty, sniping, whinging, pathetic sook bag is Goodes. The worst part is that he pretty much has been for half a decade now!

Bet he gets away without even the slap of a lettuce leaf. Still, got a good feel I suppose. :angel:

Of course he will get away with it. The media are too scared to report it. While the AFL will just sweep it under the carpet.

K3 said:

I waited to see him go and have a cry to the umpire as he so often does, but it didn't come. Maybe they've told him that they're sick of it as well. Last night highlighted why he gets booed, and it's got nothing to do with the colour of his skin.
I was surprised by Dennis booking himself a seat on the Tiger train. I wonder if Richo ever reminds him of how he mercilessly bagged us back in 2010, and it wasn't even during games featuring us. He's making a lot of errors now, I think it may be time for someone to tap Dennis on the shoulder and suggests that he hangs the microphone up before he embarrasses himself even more than he has.

It was funny last night, watched the game at my brothers place, (changed venue from my place after WC loss to change luck), with 2 other non-tigers mates. They had swans home and hosed at halftime, and fair enough. I said we just had to win the third Q, even by 2 goals, and we were still in with a real shot. Anyway as we battled away at the opening of the third, Bro said 'we just need some luck, something freaky to spark us', then at that exact moment Cotch kicked his goal while tackled lying on the ground, we all yelled 'there you go!'

Funny reading back over the thread, L2 said pretty much exactly the same things my Bro said at exactly the same times, 'punch him please' etc. funny

Some of you need to go back over the last 36 pages and apologise for all the rubbish you have posted. Search for thing 'worst half ever', 'should've taken Rohan over Martin' 'we are p!ss weak', all tripe like that.

I was at the game and circumspect in the first half. I didn't see that comeback coming either but swans had momentum and we made a few errors in bad places that they took full advantage of. 2nd quarter was more about that than any systemic problem.

Worth remembering it's their ground and they were overwhelming favourites for a reason.

Well done tigers. Supporters at the game enjoyed the night.

Refreshing to formulate your own opinions with fellow supporters and not have commentators crap forced upon you too.