Round 13 game day thread vs Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 13 game day thread vs Swans

at our best we are unbeatable..the best team in the comp.....but...at our worst we are the worst team going round....but we are slowly playing ur best footy more often than our worst....jack played his best game for the year..cotchins second half was one of his best ever..rance is the best player in the entire comp...vikery ,his second half is the best his ever played,,grimes,vlustian both getting better and better...gordon,well was better than morris...maric,s played a beauty to

So proud of the boys tonight.

Come from behind, away from home on that *smile* ground, against top opposition who had been displaying arrogance and disrespect is one of the best wins I can remember. Character

The_General said:
3 goals in a half would probably lose more finals than most as well.

My role is to deliver safety critical systems. Complacency and poor discipline can cost the business large sums of money at best (and subsequently jobs) or the risk of lives being lost if there's defects in the system.

If you'd wonder what I'd say to my team, I'd say it was a good outcome, and a good recovery - Well done. But we can't let that performance happen again. Not necessarily in so few words, but that'd be the context.

As a supporter you're not responsible for setting standards though. Picture yourself at the game after the win saying this stuff to the guy next to you... just enjoy it and let others enjoy it!

By the way, that was the greatest win I've seen since... about 2 matches ago :hihi

tangles said:
According to the commentary, Buddy is playing poorly, because he has a lot on his mind
Like what he wil do in 8 years with his 10milion bucks. Sooked it up like the dual Brownlow medallist all Austraian of the Year

Go Tiges :) now let's repeat that 2nd half for rest of the years games and we make top 4 and possibly win the flag .

When was the last time we had such a fantastic win? Come from behind, away, and their two moneybag draftees kicked three between them and both got reported !!!!
I confess I had us down for a flogging tonight. Rarely have I been as impressed with the RFC. I take my hat off to all and sundry.
I don't even think we had the best team in that we could have had.

I was at work when this game was on. Couldn't watch it. I had to leave the office right at about the time the game would finish. I had been following the scores but after three-quarter time I couldn't do it anymore and promised myself just to check the scores before leaving. Absolutely staggered to see we had won. No time to read about it - had to get home. By the time I got home I was sure I'd dreamt it all and had to check it again.

Wow, what a night, I'm sitting at Sydney airport trying to remember it all !!
First had beers at the pre game @Paddo RSL, beers obviously loosened my wallet & subsequently spent $2500 on the auction "Captains piece" signed by all living captains
Then won a signed jumper also at the pre game
Sat in front of a couple of Sydney flogs in the ORielly & had much joy flipping them the bird as I walked down the stairs, unfortunately they confronted me outside the ground , had to talk my way out of 2 fights & punch my way out of another !!
Sang the song loud & proud all the way back to hotel & now don't have a voice !
See you at PRO at noon for the ressies
Go Tigers

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Sydney/South Melbourne's only ever coughed up one bigger half-time lead than that (35 points back in 1927).

that is a pretty amazing stat to base a culture around - well done tigers (I for one thought the game was well and truly cooked at half time

H tiger said:
Reading some of the posts from the first half makes me think some people might stop venting during the game.

First half was pretty pathetic. 8 tackles, the lack of commitment was infuriating. But the signs of a good team are those that don't then get wiped off the ground after falling well behind but fights back and we've been doing that most games this season. We're building but have to keep the foot on the pedal and try and get those first halves out of our game because we still have a tough draw ahead. Need 6 from last 10 to most likely make that 8th spot, 9 from 10 to make top 4.

There is a pick doing the rounds on Facebook of Goodes doing a squirrel grip to Hunt last night. He should get a fine at least for this.