Round 13 game day thread vs Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 13 game day thread vs Swans

antman said:
You were wrong mate.

No I wasn't. The first half was putrid. They fair dinkum bludged. You were watching a different game if you think otherwise.

13 tackles in a half when the opposition has substantial majority of possession is shitful. That's bludging. Loose Swans everywhere on a tiny ground.

Conversely the 2nd half was breathtaking, as much for the way we played but also the insane improvement from the first half. One of the most remarkable wins I've seen.

3 goals in a half would probably lose more finals than most as well.

My role is to deliver safety critical systems. Complacency and poor discipline can cost the business large sums of money at best (and subsequently jobs) or the risk of lives being lost if there's defects in the system.

If you'd wonder what I'd say to my team, I'd say it was a good outcome, and a good recovery - Well done. But we can't let that performance happen again. Not necessarily in so few words, but that'd be the context.

good to win being 5 goals down against a good side. The small SCG actually suits our style of play. Of all the grounds, the wide MCG suits us the least, which explains all our losses there. I'm actually more confident playing interstate than the MCG these days.

Yep agree...Call it as it was.

First half pathetic..pure and simple.

2 nd half..Essendon peptide Sh!t

berwick boy said:
Yep agree...Call it as it was.

First half pathetic..pure and simple.

2 nd half..Essendon peptide Sh!t

Dimma's off to France?

Still shaking my head in disbelief. Can't believe a Richmond side just did that.

The first half was the worst of the bad old Richmond of the past 30 odd years. It was just horrible. Lack of effort compounded by shocking skills.

The second half was polar opposite; like the dominant side of 1980. Hard running, relentless and fearless. Jack, Cotchin, Rance, Miles, Lids Vlastuin, Vickery :eek: all sensational.

Not only did we come back from a substantial deficit but were challenged again after we took the lead. With 10 minutes to go we were gone. The Swans were all over us and it seemed we had stopped and the effort to bridge the gap had taken its toll. But we rallied again after the Swans drew level and cleared away. To do that in any game is remarkable. To do it against the Swans, at the SCG fortress, after the horrendous first half was another stratosphere.

Awesome win Tiges; just awesome :clap :clap

year of the tiger said:
Dimma said they swallowed some stern words at half time

Reading between the lines I think he gave them the mother of all sprays. They deserved it.

Mmmmmhhhhh
A fair load of tosh written here halfway through these pages

Fantastic win Tigers

The Freo win was great, but this one was in some ways even better. Very proud of how the team fought back. If we could just put 4 quarters of our best football together in the one game we'd record a monster win and it wouldn't matter who we were playing. For those who have said that good sides don't put in first halves like that and still win a couple of reminders, the last time a Richmond team had to come from 32 points down at half time to win the game was in 1973, no prizes for knowing who won the Grand Final that year, and does anyone remember the '95 semi final against the Bombers? Knights 3 first half goals were about the only thing that kept us in that game and we still won it. I attended the game with a mate who supported the Bombers, he got the tickets and at half time I gave him the money for it. He joked that anyone seeing it may have thought we'd had a bet and was paying up.

And another milestone game bites the dust. :clap
We are making a habit out of raining on other teams' parades. The 2005 Premiership reunion for the Swans will just be that little bit quieter tonight. :rofl

Are we good enough to win a flag?

Starting to think why not

Maybe I should just worry about us beating gws next week for now

rokkafella said:

my main concern is playing at the MCG.

The_General said:
3 goals in a half would probably lose more finals than most as well.

My role is to deliver safety critical systems. Complacency and poor discipline can cost the business large sums of money at best (and subsequently jobs) or the risk of lives being lost if there's defects in the system.

If you'd wonder what I'd say to my team, I'd say it was a good outcome, and a good recovery - Well done. But we can't let that performance happen again. Not necessarily in so few words, but that'd be the context.

rokkafella said:

Hold your horses Cinderella!

to win ugly like that from so far behind against such a strong team - belief - they have it and can now bottle it.

I love these Friday night wins - they make the weekend