Round 13 game day thread vs Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 13 game day thread vs Swans

mrposhman said:
I don't think it took too much of a change. We were poor particularly in the 2nd quarter as our intensity was worse than poor and we couldn't contest the footy enough. Sydney were just running off and could kick the ball around at ease to free players. We were actually winning the contested footy in the 1st half. Changed that massively in the 2nd half and the 2nd half was much more contested which suited how we were winning it.

Agree Mr Posh.

Our first half wasn't as insipid as it looked but Sydney punished us in the 2nd.

All's well that ends well.

Sintiger said:
I feel sorry for you !

Good teams believe they can win no matter what. Wins like this build football teams
I aim high in life. I aim for perfection.

I don't like mediocrity. Our second half was superb. ITs fantastic we came back. But it takes a lot of effort, and it's not a viable way of playing across a season.

If we play like the first half in finals, it's Port Adelaide all over again.

You can feel sorry for me, that's cool. I'm not fussed. I've never coached football, but I've lead many teams over the past 15 years.
I've always had very high performing teams, and low staff turnover.

If you expect perfection, you'll be disappointed. But if you don't aim for it, you'll never get close.

The_General said:

I don't like mediocrity. Our second half was superb. ITs fantastic we came back. But it takes a lot of effort, and it's not a viable way of playing across a season.

You can feel sorry for me, that's cool. I'm not fussed. I've never coached football, but I've lead many teams over the past 15 years.

If you expect perfection, you'll be disappointed. But if you don't aim for it, you'll never get close.
Nothing wrong with that at all General, we have to aim to be the best, not just making finals.

The_General said:

Some worthy cliches and platitudes there General Lee.

I reckon as a coach of a team that just did that you'd say:

"Great win boys. We made some bad mistakes in the first half but we dug deep and showed them how good we were in the second half. 11 goals to three against Sydney at their fortress is outstanding. Now let's work on how we could have improved that first half but I'm very happy".

If you took the "happy with the win but not happy with the football you played" line most of the team would think you were an absolute arse-hat and I would tend to agree.

The_General said:

And if as a supporter you can't let your hair down for a second after a win like that, you must be dead inside. Plenty of time for being *that guy* tomorrow.

antman said:
Some worthy cliches and platitudes there General Lee.

I reckon as a coach of a team that just did that you'd say:

"Great win boys. We made some bad mistakes in the first half but we dug deep and showed them how good we were in the second half. 11 goals to three against Sydney at their fortress is outstanding. Now let's work on how we could have improved that first half but I'm very happy".

If you took the "happy with the win but not happy with the football you played" line most of the team would think you were an absolute arse-hat and I would tend to agree.

I'm not addressing the team here though am I? It's a web board.
Again, think what you like of me. I'm not fussed.

I want a premiership not an elimination final or preliminary one. Not too many sides win the cup by playing half a great game.

The_General said:
I'm not addressing the team here though am I? It's a web board.

So why say that you are high performing coach/leader as a justification for your comments if you wouldn't say that to your own teams?

Again, think what you like of me. I'm not fussed.

It's a web board, what you say here doesn't make me think ill of you at all.

I want a premiership not an elimination final or preliminary one. Not too many sides win the cup by playing half a great game.

An 11 goal to 3 second half would win you about 99% of the VFL/AFL Grand Finals ever played.

go tiges. in a way that's the most satisfying win of the season.

Boyzee said:
Who are these eclectic mix of reporters at Dimmas presser? Weird!
I thought it was really nice that they gave the work experience kid the first couple of questions

Sorry General...It did sound a bit wanky talking about my teams the best ..etc etc

Great win tonight....who cares who has the bigger Di'k.

I don't care how we win a win is a win

i have said it before go back 4 years and we would of lost this game the core of the group has matured its games like this that win you grand finals belief in that you can still win when your down and out and says it all

loving the ride

To be as bad as they were in the first half an turn it around against that opposition on there own dung hill is as good as it gets ....imho the Hawks are ods on to go 3 peat