Round 13 game day thread vs Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 13 game day thread vs Swans

TigerForce said:
How's the mellow tone in his voice....

He actually said we have the best jumper in the competition, I almost fell off my seat when he said that.
So proud of our Tigers! I just love this club so much. Eat me Alive!!!

You *smile* bloody ripper!!!!
Well done boys. Fantastic win

Not bad for a crap team that don't deserve to play finals this year. ;D

thejinx said:
Interesting tidbit on Fox,

Last team to beat Freo in Perth and Sydney in Sydney made a prelim.

And we've beaten 3 out of the current top 4 this year.

And I think I heard on the commentary, the last time we came back from such a deficit at half time was 1973- A great year ;D

I still can't believe what I witnessed in that second half. Wow tigers. We took their best and gave it back to the sooks in spades.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gotigers

Vlas was awesome tonight in his 50th - well done :clap

The_General said:
Sorry but we were equal parts rabble equal parts heroes.

I've seen it before, remember that elimination final against Carlton? I'm happy we won. Very happy.

I'm not happy how we played.

Fair enough, General.
It could have gone to hell in a hand-basket after half-time, but somehow the Tigers dug deep, found a way and forged through adversity to achieve what looked so impossible in the first half of the game.
All credit to the team and the coaches for getting it back on track. Now, that second half needs to be the standard, the benchmark for the remainder of the season ... and then, if that indeed does become "the Richmond way" everything becomes possible.

Bullarto Tiger said:
Fair enough, General.
It could have gone to hell in a hand-basket after half-time, but somehow the Tigers dug deep, found a way and forged through adversity to achieve what looked so impossible in the first half of the game.
All credit to the team and the coaches for getting it back on track. Now, that second half needs to be the standard, the benchmark for the remainder of the season ... and then, if that indeed does become "the Richmond way" everything becomes possible.

I don't think it took too much of a change. We were poor particularly in the 2nd quarter as our intensity was worse than poor and we couldn't contest the footy enough. Sydney were just running off and could kick the ball around at ease to free players. We were actually winning the contested footy in the 1st half. Changed that massively in the 2nd half and the 2nd half was much more contested which suited how we were winning it.

Really good, just threw the effort up a bit and we looked so much better. We just played the game on our terms and got our best into the game. Helped that Rance and Vlastuin just bossed the backline with complete ease.

Bullarto Tiger said:
Fair enough, General.

:clapping pretty similar to last week down for the count and we bounce back last 2 games you go back to the richmond of 2011 we would of just had 2 80 point losses

I decided for the first time to not post at all and just watch and listen to the game and then come on here and read everyone's comments.

I have to say I had us down to lose by 10 goals after that second quarter where we were so so poor. Up to that time only one of our midfielders could lay 1 tackle(Cotchin), and the rest 0, was an indictment .

Cotchin, Miles, Dusty, Ellis, Miles, Grigg! Vickery and Griff were poor.

Jack and Rance the only players worth a pass that first half.

The leaders of the club lifted. All of them.

Cotchin, Miles, Deleido, Dusty, Rance, Jack,Vlas, Vickery, Ellis, Maric.

11/3 second half goals.

Sydney tried to rough us up and we played the ball and didn't get sucked in!

Cotchin played one of the best quarters I've seen him and Vickery the best second half I've seen of him too! That may make him!

Our next three are crucial. We HAVE to win all of them!

The_General said:
How the hell did that happen?

I'll say we got lucky. I'm not convinced. Real contenders don't play first halves like that.

Real contenders also don't let leads drop like that.

Neither of us will do much come September.
I feel sorry for you !

Good teams believe they can win no matter what. Wins like this build football teams

If we can bridge the gap between our worst and our best, we will be a very solid team.

The potential is there. Just have to work on the mental side of things now.