Round 11- The Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 11- The Other Games

The_General said:
Nice to see the aints get up over Roosies boys. Maybe they are still damaged from the past and can't get a win.

I hate Roos and his smug head. Overrated I say. Think the true champ coach is still in Sydney.

Agree. Dislike the dees and their supporters. Agree Roos is overrated.

Soft spot for the saints, big fan of Reiwoldt, big hearted player in the Richo mould.

AMPS said:
Soft spot for the saints, big fan of Reiwoldt, big hearted player in the Richo mould.

Haven't always been the case but I certainly agree with this, think Nick Riewoldt is an impressive player and person.

I have heard a few folks defend Roos' character, by all accounts a very high quality individual. None are swans or dees supporters.

The Tigers led by 10 points with less than a minute remaining against the Suns, but they found a way to steal defeat from the jaws of victory.

Hunt's winning goal after the siren capped what former Sydney Swans coach Paul Roos labelled "the worst 47 seconds" he has seen in his time involved in the game.

Roos picked out nine mistakes by Richmond players in the dying stages of the heartbreaking loss.

"This is disgraceful ... the worst 47 seconds," Roos said on On The Couch.

"I say that in all seriousness, I cannot believe they could lose that game."

spackler said:
The Tigers led by 10 points with less than a minute remaining against the Suns, but they found a way to steal defeat from the jaws of victory.

Hunt's winning goal after the siren capped what former Sydney Swans coach Paul Roos labelled "the worst 47 seconds" he has seen in his time involved in the game.

Roos picked out nine mistakes by Richmond players in the dying stages of the heartbreaking loss.

"This is disgraceful ... the worst 47 seconds," Roos said on On The Couch.

"I say that in all seriousness, I cannot believe they could lose that game."

No-one I knew could believe we lost that game either. Couldn't believe Cotchin was on the bench for the last bounce. Couldnt believe we didnt flood our backline. Couldnt believe a guy who was better at distributing drugs than playing AFL footy could have kicked the winning goal. Is your point that Roosey was absolutely correct?

tigerlove said:
No-one I knew could believe we lost that game either. Couldn't believe Cotchin was on the bench for the last bounce. Couldnt believe we didnt flood our backline. Couldnt believe a guy who was better at distributing drugs than playing AFL footy could have kicked the winning goal. Is your point that Roosey was absolutely correct?

I think his point was that Roosy has proven incapable of practicing what he preaches without the AFL's tit to suckle on.

tigerlove said:
I couldn't believe we lost that game from there either. It was indeed a disgrace.
sh!t happens like this when teams are young, bereft of confidence and learning. Hardly unprecedented and hardly the worst 47 seconds in the history of the game IMO.
Let's see if the dees learn from it like the tigers seem to have.

The point is that he has probably just made the same mistakes , and Spackler is looking forward to seeing how thoroughly he rips into his own team's disgrace.

A fair point, I think.

tigerlove said:

The point is that it's OK to put the boot into us when we're down, let's see if it's good for the gander.

Karma....worst 41 seconds of football in history.

Hey isn't karma great? Hey Roosey Melbourne have just kick a goal and now lead by 4 points with 41 seconds left in the game!
What do you do next? :rofl
Well i remember you giving Damien Hardwick some advice after our game against the GC Suns it went something along the lines of worst football in the history of the game ;)

Re: Karma....worst 41 seconds of football in history.

Yeah, that went through my mind as well :hihi

Wallet was pretty scathing on the call that none of the Melbourne player's pushed into the backline. In fact all of the call team couldn't believe what they were seeing - someone didn't get the message to the players.

Even Montagna didn't realise how long was left after he kicked the winning goal - it was a really short qtr. and I think it caught the player's out.

It was the most shattering and embarrassing loss I've endured in 39 years of following Richmond.

However media coverage focused on Richmond's failure as much as (or more than) the Gold Coast/Karmichael Hunt "fairytale". And thanks to Hunt's subsequent disgrace, that's how it'll be remembered. Also that year there was detailed cricism of Richmond's stoppage setup at the end of the Fremantle goal umpire/goalkeeper game.

Don't really care how they present Melbourne's defeat this week. Just content for the reminder that if you're in this game long enough, the boot will nearly always be on the other foot at some stage. Whether you call it karma or something else, it's a good thing.

I just find it amusing that the only 2 goals scored in the last quarter were scored in the final minute