Round 11- The Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 11- The Other Games

ToraToraTora said:
That was an insane half. Ridiculous pace. Heaps of tackling, but almost no defense.

Long time since I have seen such fierce constant tackling. Non stop. Only watched until 1/2 time though. Could not understand why all the play was around the wings and flanks. Neither side seemed to want the corridor. Consequently, heaps of throw ins. The boundary umps will be tired boys today.

Wingard was sensational for Port but it was a lone hand. Quite a few of their drivers who were so good last year seem to have gotten ahead of themselves.
Hartlett has been really ordinary this season. Boak and Robbie Gray are lacking hurt factor. Schulz & Monfrees too having nowhere near the impact as previous.
Media commentators are still mentioning them ahead of us in terms of being a top side. On what we have seen over the 1st half of the year, clearly they're not.

graystar1 said:
Long time since I have seen such fierce constant tackling. Non stop. Only watched until 1/2 time though. Could not understand why all the play was around the wings and flanks. Neither side seemed to want the corridor. Consequently, heaps of throw ins. The boundary umps will be tired boys today.

I thought our game against freo was a much higher standard than last night. The play on at all costs meant I think the turnover rate (especially from Port) would have been high. I couldn't understand why one of the teams last night didn't try an slow the game down at different stages.

The tackling was great but I think it was made to look better because players from both teams kept playing on and giving it to their team mates who were in a worse position - (reminded me of the tigers at times)

Hinkley or his players looked confused at times and Geelong seemed to always out number them in the defensive half, whereas Port seemed to have a their loose player near Hawkins.

Had to laugh as the commentators (7) kept saying the winner was a top 4 chance while the loser would struggle to make the 8 - Port are not out of it yet by a long shot, and I think if they think Geelong can make the top 4, then so should we.

toby64 said:
Not long ago some were complaining about overlooking Hinkley for the coaching gig.

Now its he who doesnt seem to have a plan B.

Have wone 11 of their past 25.

hahahah ToO should get a laugh out of that, seems it is pretty close to the mark !!!

Huge game for North this evening, have named their sixth oldest team ever, and their third most experienced (avg age 27.17, games 131.7). If they roll over I'll be putting a line through them for this year.

I recall being at the Maurice Rioli club function last year after we beat Port at Etihad and brendan Lade spoke . His comment was something like " great to see we overran the so-called fittest team in the AFL in the last quarter " .

It was aimed at what he clearly saw as a myth and to me it was always overblown. Port's heroics in last quarters were far more mental than physical because most teams are superfit these days. They clearly don't have the same belief.

I don't really care whether the media nuff nuffs think they are ahead of us or not. If you look at the record of the 2 clubs over the last 2 and 1/2 seasons they are pretty much identical, the only difference being Port have won some finals. Hopefully we can put that one to rest in 2015.

The actual H&A record of both teams since 2013 is Richmond 33-21, Port 31-24

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Huge game for North this evening, have named their sixth oldest team ever, and their third most experienced (avg age 27.17, games 131.7). If they roll over I'll be putting a line through them for this year.

Do you mean "ever", as in their entire history (or as far as your records go)?

Tigers of Old said:
Wingard was sensational for Port but it was a lone hand. Quite a few of their drivers who were so good last year seem to have gotten ahead of themselves.
Hartlett has been really ordinary this season. Boak and Robbie Gray are lacking hurt factor. Schulz & Monfrees too having nowhere near the impact as previous.
Media commentators are still mentioning them ahead of us in terms of being a top side. On what we have seen over the 1st half of the year, clearly they're not.

ON Betfair the Tigers are now equal 4th fav for the flag with West Coast.

jb03 said:
ON Betfair the Tigers are now equal 4th fav for the flag with West Coast.

That's interesting. That's the first time this year, that I've seen, that someone is saying we aren't just bottom top 8, or even bottom 8 material. I was annoyed last night when one of the commentators, might have been the flog, said the loser of the game would blow their top 4 chance, and these 2 teams are BELOW us on the ladder at the moment.

Yep .

Sandilands record 70 HO. 15 to advantage. Just shows how important he was in the last that GC had the ball inside their F50 but couldn't get first hand as Sandilands was hitting it where he wanted it.

Fyfe was better in the second half.

In the end 7 Pts.

23 to 11 shots. Could have been a comfortable win but under the conditions many rushed behinds and missed chances. GCS took their chances.

Inside 50 51-27 favouring Freo.

GCS extracted everything they could from all their players considering their mounting injury list. Did very well.

Nearly pulled off the upset of the year.

I took the 6.50 on the bombers head to head. Stranger things have happened and it sounds like they have started OK.