Round 11- The Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 11- The Other Games

Re: Karma....worst 41 seconds of football in history.

Legends of 1980 said:
I just find it amusing that the only 2 goals scored in the last quarter were scored in the final minute

Didn't notice until you mentioned it. Was an entertaining game despite the errors, and how footy used to be played - both sides attacking with contests galore.

JR8 said:
That's what happens when two sh!t teams play!!

They're not that bad. Saints look better from a future perspective although dees have some talent.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
It was the most shattering and embarrassing loss I've endured in 39 years of following Richmond.

However media coverage focused on Richmond's failure as much as (or more than) the Gold Coast/Karmichael Hunt "fairytale". And thanks to Hunt's subsequent disgrace, that's how it'll be remembered. Also that year there was detailed cricism of Richmond's stoppage setup at the end of the Fremantle goal umpire/goalkeeper game.

Don't really care how they present Melbourne's defeat this week. Just content for the reminder that if you're in this game long enough, the boot will nearly always be on the other foot at some stage. Whether you call it karma or something else, it's a good thing.

Well said.

AMPS said:
They're not that bad. Saints look better from a future perspective although dees have some talent.

Saints are a spirited group but I can't see what the fuss is about at this stage. Riewoldt/Montagna/Dempster are to them what Richo/Brown/Bowden were to us in 2008. Ho-hum rebuild for mine.

Melbourne have the better juniors on yesterday's showing, but I'm sure Roos would concede it's a lot easier to comment from the perspective of having coached premiership players who know instinctively what to do than it is to develop those players.

Is it just me or is "the media" pissing in Collingwoods pocket all of a sudden after their "huge" win over GWS? Radio and tv and print all saying how well they've played and how this year at 8-3 is going to be different from lat years 8-3 and how they're the real deal etc etc.

Theyve beaten GWS (5) , North (12) Essendon (13), St Kilda (14), Melbourne (15), Brisbane (16) Suns (17) and Carlton, (18)

and lost to Richmond (8), Adelaide (7) and Geelong (9)

waiting since 80 said:
Hey isn't karma great? Hey Roosey Melbourne have just kick a goal and now lead by 4 points with 41 seconds left in the game!
What do you do next? :rofl
Well i remember you giving Damien Hardwick some advice after our game against the GC Suns it went something along the lines of worst football in the history of the game ;)

KB just opened up his show with this.

Poor Poosy. Hearing John Lennon's song Instant Karma on Rockwiz the other night must've been an omen.... :hihi

tigertim said:
Is it just me or is "the media" p!ssing in Collingwoods pocket all of a sudden after their "huge" win over GWS? Radio and tv and print all saying how well they've played and how this year at 8-3 is going to be different from lat years 8-3 and how they're the real deal etc etc.

Theyve beaten GWS (5) , North (12) Essendon (13), St Kilda (14), Melbourne (15), Brisbane (16) Suns (17) and Carlton, (18)

I guess it makes sense to an extent, they were all saying how Collingwood hadn't beaten any top 8 sides, so now they have beaten one. I still think they've got plenty to prove, though.

TigerForce said:
KB just opened up his show with this.

Poor Poosy. Hearing John Lennon's song Instant Karma on Rockwiz the other night must've been an omen.... :hihi

If Karma is in play I wonder why we copped a loss to the Dees. Must have done something pretty bad.

I think the game with St Kilda will be a danger game. Mark my words.

It's not compli that we will beat them.

They will be up since it's dedicated to Reidwolts sister Maddie. I can see the Saints skipper putting in a big show for the loss of his little sister and inspiring his young team mates. Rance will be assigned to him and is the only player that can go with him all game. They have Bruce as well as a decent midfield led by Jack Stevens.

Equally I can see Jack being up for a great game too. Has a good record against the Saints I think !

On Melb I still can't believe we have lost to that rabble and karma is a great thing.

I don't rate Roos. He is a smug coach blaming everyone else apart from his coaching, but he is having the last laugh, funded mostly by the AFL his $1 mill salary a year salary. How you don't send the message to the players out there that there was 19 sec left and not flood , I call that the worst 19 sec in football. Karma is a beautiful thing and hope it continues. In saying that they do have some very good kids and a star in Hogan. When he comes out of contract and if Melb are still *smile* I would throw some nice coin at him.

Was he on last night? Did anyone see Roos ? What did that smug man have to say?

toby64 said:
Not long ago some were complaining about overlooking Hinkley for the coaching gig.

Now its he who doesnt seem to have a plan B.

Have wone 11 of their past 25.

When they are on song, they can dominate. I won't wave bye bye (and I can't wait) to port until they are mathematically not going to make it. And I feel the same way about Geelong.

Id love us to beat geelong in a final this year. Or just beat Geelong. Or just win a final.

DirtyDogTiger said:
When they are on song, they can dominate. I won't wave bye bye (and I can't wait) to port until they are mathematically not going to make it. And I feel the same way about Geelong.

Id love us to beat geelong in a final this year. Or just beat Geelong. Or just win a final.

Wouldn't that be nice. Haven't beaten them in years, play them in the finals and we steamroll them. ;D

waiting said:
I think the game with St Kilda will be a danger game. Mark my words.

It's not compli that we will beat them.

They will be up since it's dedicated to Reidwolts sister Maddie. I can see the Saints skipper putting in a big show for the loss of his little sister and inspiring his young team mates. Rance will be assigned to him and is the only player that can go with him all game. They have Bruce as well as a decent midfield led by Jack Stevens.

Equally I can see Jack being up for a great game too. Has a good record against the Saints I think !

On Melb I still can't believe we have lost to that rabble and karma is a great thing.

I don't rate Roos. He is a smug coach blaming everyone else apart from his coaching, but he is having the last laugh, funded mostly by the AFL his $1 mill salary a year salary. How you don't send the message to the players out there that there was 19 sec left and not flood , I call that the worst 19 sec in football. Karma is a beautiful thing and hope it continues. In saying that they do have some very good kids and a star in Hogan. When he comes out of contract and if Melb are still sh!t I would throw some nice coin at him.

Was he on last night? Did anyone see Roos ? What did that smug man have to say?

He did say that he would accept responsibility for the error (spin tone) but sounded quite defensive on most questions asked. Even the players would've known what to do considering they flood in every game from the 1st minute. IMO, they should save money by cutting ties with Roos and get Goodwin in to start coaching. He has made the team more competitive than when under Neeld, but their game plan is too boring and basic skills are still terrible. I must admit that Henrietta looks a worse player than when he was the great Harry O at Collingwood.

tigertim said:
Is it just me or is "the media" p!ssing in Collingwoods pocket all of a sudden after their "huge" win over GWS? Radio and tv and print all saying how well they've played and how this year at 8-3 is going to be different from lat years 8-3 and how they're the real deal etc etc.

The Pies are pretty good. And they got within a goal to us.

jb03 said:

They're doing what they should be doing in beating the teams that they should beat (something thats always let us down!) but it's a bit early to be singing their praises as genuine flag option or the real deal.

jb03 said:

Ah finally, a sign the Pies are a good side - having an honourable loss to Richmond. This is a good season.

TigerForce said:
He has made the team more competitive than when under Neeld
Maybe.
But Neeld didn't have Vince, Viney, Tyson, Cross, Lumumba, Garlett, Hogan or Brayshaw ... that's more than 1/3 of their best 22.
Give Roos Neeld's squad and see how he'd go.

bruntonave. said:
Maybe.
But Neeld didn't have Vince, Viney, Tyson, Cross, Lumumba, Garlett, Hogan or Brayshaw ... that's more than 1/3 of their best 22.
Give Roos Neeld's squad and see how he'd go.
Yeah but Neeld decided to top up with the likes of Byrnes, Rodan, Gillies and other spuds I've already forgotten.

Foxtrot said:
Haha - Fox have kicked off Roosys segment with his famous Tiges / GC words. Popcorn ready.

"Nearly overpassed it, probably" he says. Looks like ours is still worst according to him.

He hasn't even spoken to the players yet!! 24 hours ago!!