Round 11- The Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 11- The Other Games

Anyone else think west coast is over rated, they've beaten no one this year and commentators are calling then contenders.

Yeah really struggling this year. Carrying injuries I feel. Rushed this week.

Essendon are poor.

Let's see how West Coast goes against us next Friday.

rokkafella said:
Anyone else think west coast is over rated, they've beaten no one this year and commentators are calling then contenders.

Can't read them yet. Generally getting the job done at 8-3 and flogging weaker sides. Seem very fit.

Like us, too early to label them contenders.

Doesn't hurt to see Sydaknee getting well on top of the Kangas, the bigger log jam of teams struggling outside the eight, the more room for us to stay inside it.

waiting said:
Yep .

Sandilands record 70 HO. 15 to advantage. Just shows how important he was in the last that GC had the ball inside their F50 but couldn't get first hand as Sandilands was hitting it where he wanted it.

Fyfe was better in the second half.

In the end 7 Pts.

23 to 11 shots. Could have been a comfortable win but under the conditions many rushed behinds and missed chances. GCS took their chances.

Inside 50 51-27 favouring Freo.

GCS extracted everything they could from all their players considering their mounting injury list. Did very well.

Nearly pulled off the upset of the year.

I was at Metricon today because, we support the Suns, but my 10 year old's Team (the labrador tigers ) were representing the Suns at half time.

The seniors were getting plenty of footy and were dominating freo but... Had absolutely no system of team play for moving the ball forward. The plan was chuck it in in the boot and kick it around the body without looking and... Cross your fingers and hope. Bluey is very unlucky and rocket is very very lucky.

Are the boos for Goodes or the decision or both?

:hihi

TigerMasochist said:
Doesn't hurt to see Sydaknee getting well on top of the Kangas, the bigger log jam of teams struggling outside the eight, the more room for us to stay inside it.

North has almost the kindest run imaginable over the next eight weeks. Chance to go 8-0; finals certainties IMO.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
North has almost the kindest run imaginable over the next eight weeks. Chance to go 8-0; finals certainties IMO.
2 of their next 3 are against GWS and Geel so they could lose those but yes, you would give them at least 6 out of 8 prior to meeting Freo which would put them on 11-8 with 3 to play.Then they would need only 1 maybe 2 of those last 3 (Freo, Bulldogs, us).

Hmmm, they will make it.

jb03 said:
2 of their next 3 are against GWS and Geel so they could lose those but yes, you would give them at least 6 out of 8 prior to meeting Freo which would put them on 11-8 with 3 to play.Then they would need only 1 maybe 2 of those last 3 (Freo, Bulldogs, us).

Hmmm, they will make it.

it is going to be a log jam come end of season and there are 3 teams outside the 8 who are all capable of making finals - Port, Geelong and North. This season is more even than most and the footy scribes are all saying 12 wins should see finals - just look at the Suns v Freo game yesterday.

We can't afford to drop any games where we are favourites - eg GWS and WC at the G

jb03 said:

Hmmm, they will make it.

Did the ladder predictor. Think teams will need 13 wins this year to make it. Don't see us finishing top 4 even if we have a good run.

Tigers of Old said:
Did the ladder predictor. Think teams will need 13 wins this year to make it. Don't see us finishing top 4 even if we have a good run.

I have done the predictor a few times also - it from about now I start to barrack for certain results in other games (like Sydney last night). The trouble with the predictor is that it is very hard to pick the upsets and there will be plenty more upsets to come this year and to get a true read on GWS, Collingwood for example.

I agree - I think 13 wins is a must but the commentators are all starting to focus on the magical 12 as the point of making it. In my view, we need to win 2 of the next 3 just to be in contention for the 8 I reckon.

I keep doing the predictor and have us finishing 5th then winning the flag...it happens everytime :hihi

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Essendon averaging under 73 points per match - their lowest since 1956. If they score < 60 against Hawthorn, it'll be their lowest since 1927.
Total match scores at the moment are quite low. The scoring increase/bonanza predicted by the scribes does not seem to have eventuated.