ROUND 1 Richmond V Carlton Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ROUND 1 Richmond V Carlton Game Day Thread

the golden said:
much time left ??
still could be worse
you guys will hopefully have a way better season then last year

hey i was rapped you lot bet the cats !! :clap :clap
Golden,your being kind.We're crap.

mb64 said:
Golden,your being kind.We're crap.
no you are not , from what i saw just before 4th , 29 points diff !
you have young guys in is that right ,
i would say they have run out of legs , that happened to us too while we were building in 05 06 onwards 07 better 08 well you know the story !

you guys should get better keep believing , i know it is hard , been there done that ,
you have a very good coach that helped us get that GF in 08 remember that !

DH said it was going to be a hard year, looks to be so.
Belted by a undermanned team. Ouch!

We are in for such a looooooong year. I know we are coming from a long way back but this is worse than even I thought.

What needs to be remembered is that Carlton are pretty ordinary. I can't see them finishing far above 10th-11th.

Oh well, more medicine. I know it needs to be done, it's just so demoralising.

Best: Jackson, Cousins, Connors, Martin, Nason, Riewoldt (stretching it a bit)
Worst: Vickery, Tambling, McGuane, Thomson, Moore, Thursfield, Edwards, Farmer.
Disappointing: Deledio. Tagged to buggery and had no help but c'mon.

Post MUST play next week, probably down back, no matter his form. Polak probably also must play, forward. Vickery would have to go out on form. So Graham is in too.

hopper said:
What needs to be remembered is that Carlton are pretty ordinary. I can't see them finishing far above 10th-11th.

The Dogs will have one word written under next weeks fixture......percentage.

Hey guys, been awhile .....just found out the boys were back again for another season of Komedy Kapers, good stuff.

I knew we were in trouble early when I seen McMuffin was missing, whats the problem ???.......God, hope he's back shortly to lead the way, we just can't expect Simmo to keep carrying us the way he has been all this time.

Oh well, only early right, we'll make the Finals, its all good.....stay positive guys, back in March of '11 to see how things have progresssed.

Best always to Disco ..... :hihi

IrockZ said:
Any danger the captain could do something for once?

Most overrated player in the history of the club.
Fair call.

A lot of people here were ridiculing Carrazzo captaincy before the bounce but he ended up getting 35 odd possesions. I can't remember even seeing Newman apart from the missed goal.

Hislop & Edwards papers have been stampted as far as I'm concerned.

Hislop's impersonation of a statue when he was tackled by Kruezer was the final straw - no upside whatsoever. Slow, bad kick, no smarts. Gone.

Edwards has now had 3-4 years in the system - in the last quarter he's dropped a simple uncontested mark - turnover & O'Hackpin takes a contested mark. Goal. Earlier in the game loops a handball in the backline & misses a Richmond player by a metre - turnover. Goal.

No rucks contesting in the forward line in the first half - WTF? If that's an intentional strategy, that's a disgrace.

hopper said:
We are in for such a looooooong year. I know we are coming from a long way back but this is worse than even I thought.

Oh well, more medicine. I know it needs to be done, it's just so demoralising.

Agree Hopper, I didnt see any new game plan tonight, just the same old bloody below average skills and players not willing to work hard enough when they didnt have the ball. Yet another very long year indeed. And dont get me started on bloody Simmo.

evo said:
A lot of people here were ridiculing Carrazzo captaincy before the bounce but he ended up getting 35 odd possesions. I can't remember even seeing Newman apart from the missed goal.

I think it's fair to say we allowed Carrazzo to get the ball. If he got 70 touches it might have been a bit closer.

ToraToraTora said:
Worst: Vickery, Tambling, McGuane, Thomson, Moore, Thursfield, Edwards, Farmer.

Agree with all but those 2. Thomson was better than I expected him to be, was one of our better midfielders tonight. Farmer tried all game, is a beauitful kick, makes the right decisions and generally defends pretty well. Considering the amount of the times the ball went down into the forward line he was good. Think he will play most games this year as he has good upside.

For those p!ssed off and angry, dunno how you could not look at the line-ups and not expect this? Sure a few poor performances from senior players (Tambling, Deledio, Newman to name a few) but lots of good signs out there tonight I thought. Was always going to be a long year.

Tubytiger said:
Agree Hopper, I didnt see any new game plan tonight, just the same old bloody below average skills and players not willing to work hard enough when they didnt have the ball. Yet another very long year indeed. And dont get me started on bloody Simmo.
I will,why on earth did we retain him?

Deledio - Another wasted year waiting for this guy to be the next superstar. Will cruise through games not getting a touch when the heat is on, and once the season is well and trully over(i know, i know it already is) he will start racking up pointless possesions and win another B&F. I'd honestly look at trading him at years end.

Tambling - See Deledio. Woeful. Might have to switch psychiatrists

Edwards - Woeful. Bye bye at end of year

Simmonds - I honestly prefer Graham lumbering around then this useless piece of meat. Cannot remember once seeing this guy use his size even against opponents. Plays like he is wearing high heels.
Newman - Worst captain by a very big margin. Didn't realise he was playing till the last qtr!!!
Knew it was going to be a very long year, but i honestly expected a little more determination.