ROUND 1 Richmond V Carlton Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ROUND 1 Richmond V Carlton Game Day Thread

evo said:
Sorry to keep harping on this, but I can't help feeling we lost this game at the selection table...

It's not harping on. We needed Graham in addition to Simmonds and Vickery. One of those three should have been rotated through the forward line all night.

The midfield, our supposed strength, looks pale.

Deledio's performance simply not good enough - 14 disposals to 3/4 time.

Same with Tambling - 8 posessions.

5 years down the road and these guys still aren't delivering on a consistent basis.

Vickery has been disappointing too... He's not offering much at the moment. Would rather Graham/Polak out there than him.

Nason's doing extremely well for a 71st pick's first game. Well done son :)

McGaune poor also.

Martin - hardly noticed him really.

Jackson needs help in the middle like others have said.

have liked Cotchins running through the packs -he ends up with it more often then not.

There's a lot more positives this year than last year. The backline ain't one of em. Neither are Tambling, Edwards, Vickery, Nahas, Farmer, delivery inside 50, our second tier mids (apart from Jackson tonight), general endeavor (especially early), and the selection commitee.

that was a nice goal !! by the guy with dread locks !!! :clap

not a bad game

you are not getting thrashed so that is a very good thing !

and the cuz just kicked one :clap

just realised delayed tv hate that

ToraToraTora said:
There's a lot more positives this year than last year. The backline ain't one of em. Neither are Tambling, Edwards, Vickery, Nahas, Farmer, delivery inside 50, our second tier mids (apart from Jackson tonight), general endeavor (especially early), and the selection commitee.
What were all those positives again?

I consider myself to be firmly in the brightsider camp. I also understand that this will be a very ordinary year. The result wont phase me too much, but a few things became crystal clear to me tonight:

1. Tambling will not make it. A player completely lacking the commitment required to become a good league footballer. I have given up on him. Will take Jacksons lesser skills over Richies pea heart any day.

2. Cotchin should not play until he reaches full fitness. If we need to give him another six weeks to get right, do it. Lets not break him before he becomes the champion we all believe he can. Injury waiting to happen i reckon.

3. Deledio may not become what we all want him to be. IMO just doesnt stand up enough when really needed.

On the bright side, Nason and Martin have showed a bit, well done.

the golden said:
on tv it is a bit delayed was only 20 odd points when i posted that found out after i posted taht that it was a touch different still not a 100 point thrashing is it ?????????????????

9 goals atm

Any danger the captain could do something for once?

Most overrated player in the history of the club.

tbartiger said:
I consider myself to be firmly in the brightsider camp. I also understand that this will be a very ordinary year. The result wont phase me too much, but a few things became crystal clear to me tonight:

1. Tambling will not make it. A player completely lacking the commitment required to become a good league footballer. I have given up on him. Will take Jacksons lesser skills over Richies pea heart any day.

2. Cotchin should not play until he reaches full fitness. If we need to give him another six weeks to get right, do it. Lets not break him before he becomes the champion we all believe he can. Injury waiting to happen i reckon.

3. Deledio may not become what we all want him to be. IMO just doesnt stand up enough when really needed.

On the bright side, Nason and Martin have showed a bit, well done.

+1 on everything you just said.

Deledio and Tambling will be nothing more than what they already are. Above average, but nothing more. I'd say tonight was a quiet game for both of them, and I would expect they'll play better in coming games. But people have to give up the idea that these guys can be superstars. They just don't have it in them.