ROUND 1 Richmond V Carlton Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ROUND 1 Richmond V Carlton Game Day Thread

Brodders17 said:
lids ended up with 23 possies, gibbs his opponent got 23. one of them played in a team that racked up possessions, got a lot of easy ball and had a midfield well on top, one didnt.

Summed it up beautifully. Said it before, Gibb racked up many easy possessions in the last quarter. Under the circumstances of being heavily tagged by Gibbs, Deledio did extremely well. Why would Carlton choose to tag Deledio with Gibbs? Not Deledio's best game but he was honest.

Barnzy said:
Connors tried hard all night, made good decisions and along with his 15 uncontested possessions got 8 contested. Dunno what you're trying to say here. He was one of our best all night like others (not just me) have pointed out. Well done to DH for finding Connors worth ethic and competitive drive, he always had the talent as we all know. If you can't see this then you obviously had something against the bloke. At least when I bag players I do it on merit. For example, I'm no fan of Jackson's and I'm on his back as much as anyone but I admit last night he was good.

At the risk of sounding positive :p I agree here Jimmy.
His only poor effort that I could see was when he was covering Betts for Edwards and allowed Eddie space to mark with a poor chase. Aside from that he's showed plenty and was one of our best.

new youngsters facing a standard several steps higher

we must give our list plenty of time , as 1/3 of it are 1st year players whom have to jump several levels in standard to suceed, most these players have never played senior footy even locally, most are underdeveloped in just about every area, so our pain may continue for several years.

In regards to Lids - I reckon he is the one who got us continually back in the game in the first half. He was the catalyst to get us going.

Not real happy with his game after half time. I actually think he looked disinterested and a little lazy.

Not the best for us but no where near the worst either. would like him to be the one to take the game by the scruff now though - hes had the time he should be leading the way for our kids.

Think we should play 3 talls up forward & Morton I don't count as a tall forward we also need one of those to be a target at CHF think Post is the man with Polak in the goal square & Riewoldt the 3rd tall forward Morton to play at half forward rotating with Nahas then Cousins at half forward rotating with Deledio Martin Cotchin etc!! I think Rance should be used on the back flank he is athletic enough & is a hard body with Connors on the other flank & Newman on a wing.

Farmer Thursfield Moore
Connors McGuane Rance
Newman Deledio Martin
Cousins Post Morton
Nahas Polak Riewoldt
Graham Jackson Cotchin
Vickery Nason Thomson Tambling

Tambling had 9 tackles need to do more as we know could be replaced with Polo King or Collins?

Inspector said:
Tambling had 9 tackles need to do more as we know could be replaced with Polo King or Collins?

Interestingly Pro Stats has Tambling as having 5 tackles for the match but even more damning is that none of them were considered effective. Mind you only 4 tackles were considered effective in the whole match.

GoodOne said:
Interestingly Pro Stats has Tambling as having 5 tackles for the match but even more damning is that none of them were considered effective. Mind you only 4 tackles were considered effective in the whole match.

On Tambling I think King Collins & Polo are all more flexible than Tambling. King can play small back tag in the middle & as provide forward pressure Polo showed during pre season he can play as a medium forward & Collins could be a class midfielder. Tambling needs his role defined maybe a lead up forward but he seems to have played his best footy at half back but maybe he needs a good stint while Foley is out as the 1st rover!!