ROUND 1 Richmond V Carlton Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ROUND 1 Richmond V Carlton Game Day Thread

Good second half of the quarter. They stuck at it well. Umpires are still *smile*. Nason and Roberts started well.

Deledio saved us quite a bit - his coolness under pressure was good.

thought Hislop and Nason doing well.

Not sure why Thomson is playing though

I reckon the commentators are dead right about our rucking tonight - its a huge worry - you have to at least have a contest.

Lost most one on one in first half of the quarter, but second half much better. Backs were zoning off too much, but were tighter after they had kicked 5! It's all about learning!

Anyone who thinks McGuane is up to it is kidding themselves.

Crying out for two ruckmen, a big bodied forward and about 3 defenders.

velo said:
is the captain playing?

Unfortunately yes. I reckon the senior players are more of a liability than anyone tonight - Newman, Simmonds, Jackson, McGuane - unnecessary mistakes all over the ground.

Bring on the youth.

Freezer said:
Unfortunately yes. I reckon the senior players are more of a liability than anyone tonight - Newman, Simmonds, Jackson, McGuane - unnecessary mistakes all over the ground.

Bring on the youth.

+1, Newman has been non existent, as has Simmonds, Moore, Thursfield, McGuane, Tambling...

In fact, no-ones really stood up, Jackson is our biggest possession getter, and he's been average at best.

Why is it that we always look like we've got 2 less players on the field... I'm guessing it comes down to pure laziness. No willingness to run into space and chase hard after opponents.

Very disappointed with our defensive pressure. Thought we'd be tougher off the ball.

Freezer said:

Bring on the youth.

Can't blame to much on Jackson IMO - hes getting the ball at least.

a lot worse then him.

The other seniors I agree with tonight