Round 1 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 - other games

rosy23 said:
They looked like they knew what to do and had belief in each other.
Indeed,they played very well but the final margin didn't reflect the whole game.

graystar1 said:
Agreed to that. Watched all the games so far and blind Freddy would see that the modern game is a fast flowing game, not a defensive stodgy style as you said

This is what worries me about the way we play, I'm not sure Dimma gets it.

Lions getting a raw deal with umps. Double standards on the deliberate rule. I don't like the harshness of it because the umpires are easily influenced by the crowd, which doesn't help many teams travelling out West because we all know what those supporters are like...

Whats with the west coast blue getting darker - almost black. First hawthorn want to be yellow and black now west coast.

Not able to watch this game so not arguing about some decisions but on AFL site, Lions ahead on frees 16/6.

Harry said:
Whats with the west coast blue getting darker - almost black. First hawthorn want to be yellow and black now west coast.

Just like Freo were allowed to ditch their original colours - purple, green, white - for another blue/white combo. Just what we don't need. I even hate clubs like the filth wanting to look like us in their training gear.

Carlton want to trade Judd for Kennedy.
How sick would you be watching shitboult every week miss 20 metres out?
He shouldn't get a game again.....

zippadeee said:
Carlton want to trade Judd for Kennedy.
How sick would you be watching sh!tboult every week miss 20 metres out?
He shouldn't get a game again.....
Reckon Casboult is on borrowed time...and so he should be. The most professional players are the ones who continue to try and improve any imperfections in their game...hell Gary Jnr even addressed the way he went about things after 2006 in order to take his game to another level. Casboult has done nothing to address his kicking. It remains the same, game after game. Fair enough if such an uncanny approach to goalkicking works...(see Kennedy) but it doesn't for Casboult. He's 26 now and it's time to improve or get out.

BluesBloke said:
Reckon Casboult is on borrowed time...and so he should be. The most professional players are the ones who continue to try and improve any imperfections in their game...hell Gary Jnr even addressed the way he went about things after 2006 in order to take his game to another level. Casboult has done nothing to address his kicking. It remains the same, game after game. Fair enough if such an uncanny approach to goalkicking works...(see Kennedy) but it doesn't for Casboult. He's 26 now and it's time to improve or get out.

Bit of a shame really, he's an incredible mark of the footy.

BluesBloke said:

Yet he kicked 24.12 last year. Did he have a lot of shots from close in?

You've got to persist. Griffiths kicked 12.14 last year and gets a game with a finalist.

Maybe do whole training sessions dedicated to goalkicking. His marking's not going to suffer.

i admit, i wanted Richmond to really have a crack at Port Adelaide's Lobe at the draft but we pulled out.
I wasnt happy because i thought we needed him.
After watching him yesterday, thank god we didnt get him, Hickey killed him

BluesBloke said:
Can't see why his not tried as a key defender, he certainly let a forward get an easy grab