Round 1 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 - other games

Bunnerz said:
i admit, i wanted Richmond to really have a crack at Port Adelaide's Lobe at the draft but we pulled out.
I wasnt happy because i thought we needed him.
After watching him yesterday, thank god we didnt get him, Hickey killed him

Was good in 2014 but awful last year when Ryder came. Thought even Hampson made him look silly a couple of times in NAB.

tommygun said:
Tom Hickey having a great game, wonder what's his contract status?
Had 56 HO (22 to advantage @ 39% HOTA), 20 disposals @ 70% DE (9 kicks, 11 handballs) with 13 contested possessions. 270 metres gained. Only 2 marks.

....and we have Hampson........

I reckon the club thinks Hammer is Lancelot attacking Castle Anthrax; on a loop constantly building up and then things will click and he'll slay everyone :spin

Did we field the 5th youngest starting 22 in round 1 ? if we did it is something that has been missed by the media.

Kaelan said:
Did we field the 5th youngest starting 22 in round 1 ? if we did it is something that has been missed by the media.

Our game plan still sux regardless.

Kaelan said:

Yes - the dominant narrative was that Carlton fielded a team of kids while we ran a battle-hardened team of wily veterans.

We need to improve 1000% on that effort; I hope we have it in us but we need more pace and flow in our game. We look very very slow.

As said earlier.

Who are our runners I ask? The doggies are a prime example of foot speed, coupled with fierce tackling and excellent foot skills.

Our midfield is somewhat pedestrian, without any speedy types. Cotchin is not fast and neither is Miles, even though both are quite skilled players. Townsend showed a bit of pace here and there, and could be the exception.

However, overall, we are not a fleet of foot side, and that could be our biggest weakness against the likes of the doggies and other speedy teams.

graystar1 said:
We need to improve 1000% on that effort; I hope we have it in us but we need more pace and flow in our game. We look very very slow.

As said earlier.

Who are our runners I ask? The doggies are a prime example of foot speed, coupled with fierce tackling and excellent foot skills.

Our midfield is somewhat pedestrian, without any speedy types. Cotchin is not fast and neither is Miles, even though both are quite skilled players. Townsend showed a bit of pace here and there, and could be the exception.

However, overall, we are not a fleet of foot side, and that could be our biggest weakness against the likes of the doggies and other speedy teams.

Lids and Yarran will certainly help with that

It certainly does Harry.

I know it's round 1 but you could how most of the sides intend to play this year.

I will judge after the first 8 rounds which is one of the top 2-3 hardest starts of the year!

Let's see how the Cats vs Hawks play. What style will they bring to the table?

We have some deficiencies which might be really highlighted in the coming weeks. It will be finding the balance between offence vs defence. Too 4 sides will work that out!

Lets not get to carried away, its round 1, it can often take teams a few weeks to settle into their routine...

I am confident we will put on a good show against the filth, I do agree that they will improve as they would be stung by that, also a big Friday night game, their home game....

Harry said:
Our game plan still sux regardless.
Yep, Carlscums smooth free flowing hard running game certainly looked far prettier n more exciting than ours. Right up until the moment the final siren sounded.
Sometimes when things aren't going well n you're struggling to get much of anything to work right, you simply need to be able to go head down bum up n scrub your way through a game as best you can.
We did, n we won. Nothing left to argue about.

antman said:
Yes - the dominant narrative was that Carlton fielded a team of kids while we ran a battle-hardened team of wily veterans.
Yep, I thought that was the case til LTR pointed out otherwise. Then Rance did and there's a mention in today's HUN how we played a young team.

In one half of footy the Cats are showing signs already that they are going to be a pretty dominant force this year ... they have skilful and creative players across every line.
Ink the Cats in for a top four position, in my opinion.

Can't help but compare the quality and standard between games played by the Tigers and that of the Cats/Hawks today ... both these sides would have beaten the Tigers quite handsomely going on the intensity and skill being displayed at the G this afternoon.
The Tigers have some work to do to be challenging for a top four possie.

Great game, like finals type footy, light years away from the standard on Thursday night.

Also jono orourke is a total spud. Must be one of the worst no. 2 picks of all time.

Some on PRE doubting Darcy Parish.

Laughable. Absolute jet.

And Caddy. Killed it on the big stage. About to explode.

What a game hey?

Dangerfield !

Henderson finally kicks on . Up to the Hawks now. Cats new guys doing well!