Round 1 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 - other games

I reckon the Dogs are going to have the year that everyone thought Port would after their blistering 1st year under Hinkley.

waiting said:
Dogs 31-Fremantle 1

Faced paced plan on style

Wossy's getting walloped....or is it another one of those WA team theories....tank at Etihad and make up for it later.

Disco said:
I'll be p!ssed if we lose to Adelaide in Rd 3.
After a hard game tonight, the Crows return to Adelaide for the Showdown before coming back to Etihad to face us.

If the form displayed by both teams in round 1 holds up they will sh!t on us. The played a ballistic, fast paced highly skilled, hard tackling style of footy. That was a cracking game to watch. A bruising encounter.

On the other had we were stodgy, static, slow and Carlton players stood up in our tackles at will. We got smashed in the midfield but Carlton is sh!t everywhere else so we got out of jail.

We need to improve 1000% on that effort; I hope we have it in us but we need more pace and flow in our game. We look very very slow.

I'm not sure why so many are tipping the Crows to slide. They lost Danger but otherwise they look very well drilled and appear to have good balance all over the ground.

Bulldogs doing well bit missing a lot of get table shots at goal. Dickerson won't win but will be better in the 2nd half.

"We'll come out snaaaaaaaaaaarling....." :hihi That line always makes me laugh. What a team Beveridge has built.

TigerForce said:
"We'll come out snaaaaaaaaaaarling....." :hihi That line always makes me laugh. What a team Beveridge has built.
Team was mostly built before Beveridge got there, he just polished up a lot of what was already there n let a bit of light shine on it.
Long season, but yep, it looks like they might have another bloody fun n exciting year ahead of them.

Well the Dogs look like they are following on from last year.

Granted it was at their ground.

Gee they have so much pace and their style is suited to the modern game.

Us on the other hand?

TigerMasochist said:
Team was mostly built before Beveridge got there, he just polished up a lot of what was already there n let a bit of light shine on it.
Long season, but yep, it looks like they might have another bloody fun n exciting year ahead of them.

Not sure how you see that Maso. Would be the same situation with Primus and Hinkley wouldn't it?

Beveridge has come up with a better game plan execution and vibe amongst the players compared to the boring McCartney who wasn't much chop as our VFL coach years ago.

tommygun said:
Tom Hickey having a great game, wonder what's his contract status?
I saw him in the Maddies match last year and he was terrible. But doing well today.

tigertim said:
I saw him in the Maddies match last year and he was terrible. But doing well today.

Yeah didn't think much of him earlier in his career but now I'm impressed, just turned 25. Bit like Maric coming to us at that age. The ruckman 'maturing' age.

I hope Port Adelaide haven't taped over the 2014 finals. Because they won't see any this year.
They're *smile*.

Smoking Aces said:
From the games I have seen so far our game has been the worst standard of them all.
Whoops, mis read your post, yes, agree.