Round 1 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 - other games

I thought our game wasn't that bad. Carlton played there hearts out where we seemed to step it up when we needed to. So far the only fans that would be worried are pies, dockers and the power.

tigertim said:
Even st kilda looking fast and fluid!

Yep Hardwick's stodgy, static, kick it to the boundary force a stoppage game plan is well consigned to the history books.

Just hope it doesn't take him until round 7 to realise it.

waiting said:
Saints really playing exciting footy
93-72 Port

Saints playing very well. Its young midfield is really taking it up to Port and Steven is on fire.

The tackling intensity of both sides is right up as well.

We really need to lift in this area or will get left behind this year.

Smoking Aces said:
The Port v St. Kilda is a cracking game. Great standard. Our game was well below that.
Yeah, I edited my post, thought you were talking about the saints power game. Agree with your comment.

Power would be streets ahead if they had a decent forward.

Absolutely killing the forward entries but no one can take a mark. Dixon can't beat anyone.

tonemaster said:
Power would be streets ahead if they had a decent forward.

Absolutely killing the forward entries but no one can take a mark. Dixon can't beat anyone.

Dixon comes across as a first class tosser. Big guy with talent but just seems like a self-indulgent twat.

dusty delivers said:
Dixon comes across as a first class tosser. Big guy with talent but just seems like a self-indulgent twat.

Twat? How about, he is just a king sized *smile*

waiting said:
Looks like Port have it.

Saints can't get it past the centre .

109-93

Pity.

Saints ran out of steam in the last quarter. It happens to developing sides. They were very good for 3 quarters and really clean with the ball. In the last quarter it looks as though they got really tired and fumbled badly and missed targets they were hitting earlier.

They have a bit to work with though.

Geez, having the 3/4 time lead is a poisoned chalice this round.

I'm starting to think that round 1 doesn't mean much more than NAB. Some pretty crazy results so far. Not so much the winners but the margins. I don't think the dogs and sydney are that good. And I don't think us, coll, gws, freo or port are that bad. Things should settle down a bit next week.

Ridley said:
Yep Hardwick's stodgy, static, kick it to the boundary force a stoppage game plan is well consigned to the history books.

Just hope it doesn't take him until round 7 to realise it.

Agreed to that. Watched all the games so far and blind Freddy would see that the modern game is a fast flowing game, not a defensive stodgy style as you said