Round 1 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 - other games

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
9 home teams won for the first time.

Last time all the home sides won: R14 2010

Am I missing the distinction between the two statements? On a strict reading both cannot be true.

zippadeee said:
Geelong actually thinks beating hawthorn today is going to win them the flag.

Do you mean the brains trust or the man in the outer? If it's those in control, I'd back the cats to have a pretty good idea on what it will take to win the flag. A better grasp just possibly than this holding the reins at Punt Rd.

tigertim said:
Another cracking game. Is it too early to say the style of footy is now break neck full on style and not the defensive chip chip crap?

Be interesting to see if these teams can keep it up all season

22nd Man said:
Am I missing the distinction between the two statements? On a strict reading both cannot be true.

Ha ha i thought the same. Think the first statemen lacked the qualifier Lee intended.

22nd Man said:
Do you mean the brains trust or the man in the outer? If it's those in control, I'd back the cats to have a pretty good idea on what it will take to win the flag. A better grasp just possibly than this holding the reins at Punt Rd.

Those holding the reins at punt rd.
Broom required.

zippadeee said:
Geelong have the easiest draw . That's good.
They will go out straight sets and the media can go after them

YOU zippadee would know that feeling all to well i suspect

Ridley said:
Reckon the Cats were a bit lucky.

Lucky Dangerfield grew up in Moggs Creek barracking for the Cats!! He was unbelievable today (apart from the set shot sodas in the last quarter).

Lucky most Hawks players couldn't hit the side of a barn with a handful of horse sh!t. How many turnovers for Lewis; he was woeful.

Lucky Cyril couldn't get near it all day; one of the worst games he'll ever play.

Yep, for Dangerfield to fall into your lap is lucky. Luckiest superstar recruit ever? I reckon. As for the hawks, they didn't look that fussed about winning to me. Done I reckon. Mid tier team now, they'll have a few stirring wins on muscle memory sure so everyone can say 'don't write them off'. But as contenders, I'm writing them off. I don't see it as a big call.

Ridley said:
Reckon the Cats were a bit lucky.

Lucky Dangerfield grew up in Moggs Creek barracking for the Cats!! He was unbelievable today (apart from the set shot sodas in the last quarter).

Lucky most Hawks players couldn't hit the side of a barn with a handful of horse sh!t. How many turnovers for Lewis; he was woeful.

Lucky Cyril couldn't get near it all day; one of the worst games he'll ever play.

On that. Out of interest, anyone know if Treloar grew up as a Pies fan?

Panthera Tigris said:
On that. Our if interest, anyone know if Treloar grew up as a Pies fan?

I recall reading he was a Carlton fan; they also threw their hat in the ring.

Treloar went where the coin was and the supposed future opportunites lie both on field and off field. Simple as that.

In his opinion Scumwwod offered him the better deal.

Holy Mary mother of God, how good was Dangermouse.

I,m so old I can remember when Cotchin was better than him.

Dangerfield was unbelievably good.
And I'm so old that I can remember Cotchin before he was even a twinkle in his old man's eyes.

evo said:
Holy Mary mother of God, how good was Dangermouse.

I,m so old I can remember when Cotchin was better than him.

Leysy's so old he can remember when no bastard other than evo and leysy would trade a first round pick in the teens to have him.

Leysy Days said:
Leysy's so old he can remember when no bastard other than evo and leysy would trade a first round pick in the teens to have him.

What a debate that was. Old mate Disco at this best.

Ha, gold memories. He had some mates on the Clanger bandwagon though Scooper. Never did someone get a player so wrong.

Geez he's a star isn't he.

Leysy Days said:
Ha, gold memories. He had some mates on the Clanger bandwagon though Scooper. Never did someone get a player so wrong.

Geez he's a star isn't he.

Rare combo of power and class. Yesterday was something out of the box.

Watched Dustin again on Friday and he had some similar passages of just overpowering blokes but nothing like Danger did yesterday.

My three favs to watch right now are Danger, Dusty and Jake Stringer. All the same but slightly different.

Yeah agree. They have Dusty covered overhead (think Dusty can improve in that area) but all amazing to power athletes to watch.

Does Dangerfield do that running away from packs with the ball thing better than just about anyone? He was incredible. God I'm sick of seeing Geelong win games of football......I was hoping we'd break the run of lost games against them this year....but am not confident now....