Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

HandyTiger said:
Every Club has a few FFS. Why people think other Clubs "duds" are better than our own I'll never know. Try these on for size:

Geelong: Rivers and McIntosh

Yep, these two today did not cope with the pressure of the Hawks or 80,000 plus fans ::)

Col.W.Kurtz said:
The Petterd debate is over in my view, he is valuable defensively and in contested situations, and he's stays within his limitations with the football.

The only possible reason not to have him in the team is if you valuable style over substance, because Ricky is the opposite.

The debate cannot be over after playing Brisbane reserves who had not won a quarter - and we just played their worst team of the year. Who did Rick P play on?

Petterd is a classic case of a fringe player who tries to get the best out of himself at all times. I have never doubted his heart and appetite for the contest. If he keeps playing well, it is up to one of the more stylish kids on the list to prove that they are better. He will keep others honest.

Merveille said:
The debate cannot be over after playing Brisbane reserves who had not won a quarter - and we just played their worst team of the year. Who did Rick P play on?

Let's face it Merv, you don't like him, never have, and will never acknowledge any decent performance. Really, what debate should we be having?

bullus_hit said:
Let's face it Merv, you don't like him, never have, and will never acknowledge any decent performance. Really, what debate should we be having?

I acknowledged his performance against Brisbane, go back and have a look if you want.

I do not think he is the type of player we need at the minute. It is short-sighted.

The next 2 weeks will tell more of a story. To suggest the debate is over is rubbish when discussing something as subjective as player performance and benefits to teams short and long term. So your opinion is worth than mine?

Merveille said:
I acknowledged his performance against Brisbane, go back and have a look if you want.

I do not think he is the type of player we need at the minute. It is short-sighted.

The next 2 weeks will tell more of a story. To suggest the debate is over is rubbish when discussing something as subjective as player performance and benefits to teams short and long term. So your opinion is worth than mine?
Petterd has two weeks to cook his goose
Lets see where he stands after he plays the hawks and cats
I'm not a fan of petterd but Damian is and I'm not the coach
Patience for two weeks please

Merveille said:

I’m not basing it off one game, however if it makes you feel better if we lose on Sunday there will be plenty of people willing to join you in bagging Ricky, the coach, our recruiting, injury management, anything you want really.

st.francis said:
Petterd has two weeks to cook his goose
Lets see where he stands after he plays the hawks and cats
I'm not a fan of petterd but Damian is and I'm not the coach
Patience for two weeks please

Thats fair enough

The next two weeks should be used as a benchmark to determine which players can take us forward and which cant.

In the next two weeks if players such as newman, edwards, thomas and petterd dont pefrorm then its curtains. Each of these players has had a decent enough crack at AFL Level there is no excuses.

There are more than Ricky that will be under the microscope in the next two weeks
Coach and his brass band as well as the players

st.francis said:
There are more than Ricky that will be under the microscope in the next two weeks
Coach and his brass band as well as the players

Microscope will be on for all and sundry. The next two games for me almost defines where this club is heading in the short / medium term. We could easily have played GWS and another team around our current form and be 4 wins and 3 losses and talking up September... I'd rather measure up against the Hawks and Cats are really see if this has made genuine steps forward. With a few injured in the stands, being competitive in both games is a must, winning one would be fantastic, winning both would blow the 2014 lid off!!!!

Tiger Pops said:
Microscope will be on for all and sundry. The next two games for me almost defines where this club is heading in the short / medium term. We could easily have played GWS and another team around our current form and be 4 wins and 3 losses and talking up September... I'd rather measure up against the Hawks and Cats are really see if this has made genuine steps forward. With a few injured in the stands, being competitive in both games is a must, winning one would be fantastic, winning both would blow the 2014 lid off!!!!
Well said.

I don't get so many supporters wanting so many of our players to fail, it seems once an opinion is made that's it, I'll call him a dud an bag him till he's finished....geez there's quiet a few on the list I don't rate but I'd rather them prove me wrong, win a flag, then been able to continue to repeat myself saying his a dud

Barnzy said:
Well said. Brisbane are currently the worst side in the AFL IMO. Injuries means lot of kids not ready to run out full games make up nearly half their side.

Petterds game means little in the grand scheme of things. You're not going to get anywhere with a guy with those ordinary skills playing loose off a HBF against the better sides. Wait until they put pressure on him.

Wayne Carey even surmised his game as having a lot of good and a lot of bad - this was just against hapless Brisbane. Let's see him against Geelong, Hawthorn, Freo, etc. People love to fall into this same trap over and over with these types.

Bump

has been playing like a clown what a comedy of errors
no offence to any clowns that are reading this