Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Bullarto Tiger said:
Just imagine how much stronger the Tigers would be if Petterd was rated in the the team's bottom six as opposed to the top six as he currently is?

Imagine how much stronger than that we would be if Cotchin was in the bottom six.

It's always the same story at Richmond

We beat an ordinary side and fringe players play well and suddenly they are world beaters.

Any wonder why we finish 9th every year?!?!

He played against the same "ordinary" side that his team mates did, and he was near best on ground. where is the criticism of our top players who did not play well?
To just disregard Petterd's good performance because it was against an "ordinary" team is weak

Davidos said:

We beat an ordinary side and fringe players play well and suddenly they are world beaters.

I fall to see the link between people on the internet rating a performance, and where the club finished on the ladder.

tigertim said:
Relax bully, I have a slight difference of opinion, that's all. I get your frustrations when people just continually bag someone no matter what. That's why I left the political thread. >:D

I will uphold your right to be a bigot. ;D

tigertim said:
Resorting to name calling, come on bully, you're better than.

It was a joke Tim, obviously you failed to see the connection between your political stab and George Brandis' take on free speech. As for you leaving the politics board, if that was in response to my posting then that's a shame, I'm apolitical all the way, I don't care for either major party, but I make no apologies for critiquing what I deem to be unjust.

Petterd is the perfect example of where we are as a team. He's a hard at it competitor who's committed at a contest & reasonable mark. However he has average speed & poor kicking skills.

Good ordinary player but not one that would get us to a flag. Depth player in a strong list. In our list he's in the 22. Shows where we're at.

Played well against Brisbane to be fair. Would like others to at least show his level of commitment to a contest.

Davidos said:

Well said. Brisbane are currently the worst side in the AFL IMO. Injuries means lot of kids not ready to run out full games make up nearly half their side.

Petterds game means little in the grand scheme of things. You're not going to get anywhere with a guy with those ordinary skills playing loose off a HBF against the better sides. Wait until they put pressure on him.

Wayne Carey even surmised his game as having a lot of good and a lot of bad - this was just against hapless Brisbane. Let's see him against Geelong, Hawthorn, Freo, etc. People love to fall into this same trap over and over with these types.

Exactly right, just ask yourself would this guy get a gig with the Hawks, Freo or Geelong?
I think we would all agree it would be a resounding NO!!! to that question.

so you think these clubs could find a spot for him
He was playing for Melbourne reserves when we got him and we how how well the Dee's were going.

Barnzy said:
Well said. Brisbane are currently the worst side in the AFL IMO. Injuries means lot of kids not ready to run out full games make up nearly half their side.

Petterds game means little in the grand scheme of things. You're not going to get anywhere with a guy with those ordinary skills playing loose off a HBF against the better sides. Wait until they put pressure on him.

Wayne Carey even surmised his game as having a lot of good and a lot of bad - this was just against hapless Brisbane. Let's see him against Geelong, Hawthorn, Freo, etc. People love to fall into this same trap over and over with these types.

Interesting that you applaud a post about Petterd being a 'world beater' when no such claims were made. This is what I mean by slapping a guy irrespective of his performance on the field. As for Carey stating there was 'a lot of bad', 2 clangers for the match from 28 disposals isn't exactly what I would call 'a lot'. Next we will be clinging on to Maclure's roasting of Jack, or Parrot's constant needling of our entire footballing philosophy. Petterd is what he is, he isn't perfect and will be upgraded in due course. But one thing's for sure, he will remain PRE's number 1 punching bag, rain, hail or shine.

SupremeTiger said:
so you think these clubs could find a spot for him
He was playing for Melbourne reserves when we got him and we how how well the Dee's were going.

so was Kyle Cheney, but anyway.

by the way pity more Tigers dcouldnt kick the ball straight through the middle and clear the fence for good measure when having shots from the 50 on a bit of an angle. not bad for the worst kick of all time.

bullus_hit said:
Petterd is what he is, he isn't perfect and will be upgraded in due course. But one thing's for sure, he will remain PRE's number 1 punching bag, rain, hail or shine.
Thats the problem we have too many players that need upgrading:

1 Chris Newman
10 Shane Edwards
11 Jake Batchelor
13 Ricky Petterd
15 Chris Knights
19 Matt Thomas
27 Aaron Edwards
28 Jake King
32 Brad Helbig
37 Orren Stephenson
41 Nathan Foley

SupremeTiger said:
Thats the problem we have too many players that need upgrading:

1 Chris Newman
10 Shane Edwards
11 Jake Batchelor
13 Ricky Petterd
15 Chris Knights
19 Matt Thomas
27 Aaron Edwards
28 Jake King
32 Brad Helbig
37 Orren Stephenson
41 Nathan Foley

Agree with all of this, but I'd be upgrading Petterd last or second last out of that list. Based on form and role.