Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

who would want to lie to get on a rookie list? the pay aint worth it - no risk for the Tigers with a Rookie.

tigertime2 said:
who would want to lie to get on a rookie list? the pay aint worth it - no risk for the Tigers with a Rookie.

What is 46k, that's *smile* house. A professional sportsman in 2013 what a joke.
Minimum should be 60k

Agree. The rookie list is a small carrot to bigger opportunities but few would put themselves through the 18 months if they didn't think they were a chance to go on with it.

Anyone know what happens to a rookie's salary if they are promoted to the senior list? Are they paid on a per match basis?

Tigers of Old said:
Agree. The rookie list is a small carrot to bigger opportunities but few would put themselves through the 18 months if they didn't think they were a chance to go on with it.

Anyone know what happens to a rookie's salary if they are promoted to the senior list? Are they paid on a per match basis?

Match payments

Neeld would've been keen to put the clamps on freewheelers like petterd. From what I saw of the vfl he was only playing out time. If he can get his body right, we may just have gotten ourselves a bargain. But first he needs to buy into dimma's accountability mantra.

Could be a good pickup reminds me of a meerkat pops up all over the place. Anyway just a rookie don't have to actually worry about him playing yet.

tonemaster said:
It's bizarre that Melbourne took on Rodan and let go of Pettard.

probable thought Rodan's legs had more chance in holding up. :angel:

Tigers of Old said:

Somewhere between 2-3k a game I believe (could be an outdated figure).

From seeing many Melbourne games due to my old man Pettard has a lot of upside and is a goal kicker, he's just been crueled by injury so far.

If he manages to get fit and find form he's a bargain pickup. Also fits the age bracket perfectly at 24.

It does bemuse me how so many get worked up over rookie picks, it's a free trial and error player pool but people think every pick must be used to pick up a hidden gem.

I agree, with a bit of luck with injuries i reckon he could be a good pick up. I saw him snag 4 against the Pies a couple of years ago.

Petterd can play, no doubt about it. He can take a contested mark, he can tackle and chase, he can kick goals and he can take his turn in the midfield if required. It's a long way back now but when he won his rising star nomination, he had played a string of quality games as an onballer and showed enormous courage for a skinny runt who was fresh out of the juniors.

Fingers crossed but they way he spoke in his interview was really promising regarding his fitness and I reckon a fit and firing Petterd will put some major pressure on King, Nahs, Edwards and Knights.

Brett15 said:
From seeing many Melbourne games due to my old man Pettard has a lot of upside and is a goal kicker, he's just been crueled by injury so far.

If he manages to get fit and find form he's a bargain pickup. Also fits the age bracket perfectly at 24.

It does bemuse me how so many get worked up over rookie picks, it's a free trial and error player pool but people think every pick must be used to pick up a hidden gem.
how does a 'free' rookie draft pick differ from an ND pick?

tigersnake said:
ND picks have higher award wage. Higher the pick, higher the wage.
But that doesnt indicate the difference between free and ?

tigertim said:
But that doesnt indicate the difference between free and ?

Maybe not free, as in they don't get paid
ND selections have an automatic 2 year deal (depending on age i think)
Rookie picks have a minimum 1 year deal.
Rookies aren't on the list proper, their wage is outside the salary cap (or used to be, maybe it's half now?)
That's the main difference as I see it.