Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

bullus_hit said:
He's an ugly duckling but a Butcher he aint.

I'd say he borders on it.

He may have a good DE, but that doesn't stop my heart coming up the back of my my throat every time he goes to kick it.

Wildride said:
I think this is the best response to DH, bullus_hit!

:dontfeedthetroll
when no intellectual comeback can be provided we come up with the good old troll
petterd will disappoint more than he will please by 10 fold
why is he on our list after melbourne? just like brock at carlscum both duds which two blind mice rescued from the unemployment records
melbourne rejects are exactly that

Off to find that Ignore function again...

On an unrelated matter, I was very happy wih Petterd's game last Thursday. Full of courage and involved in some important pieces of play

you guys need to read the pages after the suns game
i know a week is a long time in football, but petterd is mutton dressed up as tiger
sorry nothing will change me of this opinion because he is what you see and know more
cant offer us any xfactor or work of brilliance . just interesting reading and major head aches plus lots of turn overs

Tigertool said:
I'd say he borders on it.

He may have a good DE, but that doesn't stop my heart coming up the back of my my throat every time he goes to kick it.

We've had a few like that, the Kellaway brothers for instance, both were very effective footballers over their careers. I don't like his kicking action either but he's a player who is learning to play within his limitations. His short game is fine, it's when he launches the ball in long that the heart goes into the mouth. His handballing in close is also highly effective, he's actually a pretty smart player in heavy congestion. I suspect Dimma has whispered in his ear to cut out the long bombs and to dish it off to the smart users, it's part of the reason he finished last season with an 80% DE.

There will be a time when he gets pushed to the periphery, probably when Lennon gets up to speed, but I'm happy with him in the team for the moment. He's brave and fearless and will put his body on the line when it matters most. That was evident last Thursday, the 4 points we have banked can be largely attributed to Petterd's final quarter, and I reckon after the match Ricky would have been one of the first players Hardwick went up to congratulate.

lukeanddad said:
Off to find that Ignore function again...

The list is growing by the day.

He had he's good and he has his bad.
Once Lennon is fit they can swap roles.

bullus_hit said:
We've had a few like that, the Kellaway brothers for instance, both were very effective footballers over their careers. I don't like his kicking action either but he's a player who is learning to play within his limitations. His short game is fine, it's when he launches the ball in long that the heart goes into the mouth. His handballing in close is also highly effective, he's actually a pretty smart player in heavy congestion. I suspect Dimma has whispered in his ear to cut out the long bombs and to dish it off to the smart users, it's part of the reason he finished last season with an 80% DE.

There will be a time when he gets pushed to the periphery, probably when Lennon gets up to speed, but I'm happy with him in the team for the moment. He's brave and fearless and will put his body on the line when it matters most. That was evident last Thursday, the 4 points we have banked can be largely attributed to Petterd's final quarter, and I reckon after the match Ricky would have been one of the first players Hardwick went up to congratulate.

The list is growing by the day.

I was gonna say something similar. But not nearly as well. So.... Agree 100%.
I reckon Jimmy will play until someone knocks so hard they can't be ignored. There is no one knocking just yet.

Considered in the best 3 on the ground by both Malthouse and Dimma (after Ellis and Yarran)

tbartiger said:
I was gonna say something similar. But not nearly as well. So.... Agree 100%.
I reckon Jimmy will play until someone knocks so hard they can't be ignored. There is no one knocking just yet.
images

I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!

But not for Petterd, he was top 3 last week.

Coburgtiger said:
images

I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!

Not quite knocking loud enough just yet, plenty of time for him to learn how to kick the door in and demand entry.

I called for Ricky to be dropped last week. could have lost if i was on the selection committee.

While i STILL believe that Madonna should be playing his role and developing his game, i will give him credit for standing up in that last quarter when the rest of our so called leaders went missing.

Really should only be used as a backup if we get injuries and the younger guys in Madonna etc are struggling for form.

In saying all that credit must be given where it is due.

Ice said:
Considered in the best 3 on the ground by both Malthouse and Dimma (after Ellis and Yarran)

A huge point in his favour, because the coaches know best the role he was playing

The coaches awards for that Carlton game gave him 6 points. Ellis got the big nod with 10, the maximum. Strange that so many want to delist him drop him, etc., etc. but the two coaches recognised his efforts in that game.

Coburgtiger said:
images

I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3HH9IiHMD2M

Great reference CT. I actually thought of it as soon as I typed it.
One of televisions greatest scenes IMO