Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Pet terd seems to be sticking on people but the true observers know he will stink in no time
A good game against a b grade scum team was at his level
No speed and poor foot skills are his key traits
Found out against the Gold Coast school boys where he was left for dead
I've said my piece on the petterd
114 pages wasted on a spud

graystar1 said:
The coaches awards for that Carlton game gave him 6 points. Ellis got the big nod with 10, the maximum. Strange that so many want to delist him drop him, etc., etc. but the two coaches recognised his efforts in that game.

Malthouse aside, I'd say most of those wanting Petterd delisted want Dimma gone as well, so I don't expect that they would value his votes.

the-DH Band said:
Pet terd seems to be sticking on people but the true observers know he will stink in no time

Fair enough, you don't rate him, no need for the venom though

Also who would you replace him with on our list? Who deserves a game above him?

The truth is not venom
Relax man he's only a poor afl footballer not a politician anyone can do his role
Turn the ball over miskick get out run drop marks under pressure etc
Seriously play the biscuit

the-DH Band said:
The truth is not venom
Relax man he's only a poor afl footballer not a politician anyone can do his role
Seriously play the biscuit

They play completely different positions and roles?

the-DH Band said:
The truth is not venom

:blah

Maybe if you had some facts it wouldn't be venom.

I don't really follow the stats too closely, but i did go to last weeks game and saw him do plenty of good things (game saving spoil for one) as well as a few stuff ups. I am happy to admit that.

He scored a 6 out of 10 for his game voted by both coaches. Some people just make up their minds early and look for errors to back up their opinions, rather than the accomplishments of the player

St Kevin said:
They play completely different positions and roles?
His role is a dimmer made up one
We have a thread on our lack of speed bc we have Newman Griggs ellis lids holouli and him all doing similar things
We need more mids to move the ball on faster
He is slow with Newman and Griggs and their roles are hindering our leg speed near the furnace
This is why Thomas is starring who is a similar player to biscuit
We need another furnace player who can hunt the pill and explode over five metres

the-DH Band said:

I concur

the-DH Band said:

yet more drivel from one who thinks a footy side is 22 stars. Never ceases to amaze me. In my mind he is a good depth player who is in decent form, but I could be wrong, he may keep improving, cement his place in the side and win a Norm Smith.

Also, we used to have a lot of discussion on PRE in the very bad old days about our depth players/ role players/ battlers, that every side has them and needs them, but if you're gunna get them, get ones who are tough. I said it, a lot of people also said it. We are now doing that. I really like about Dimmas approach.

Does Ricky have a Prez? He could be the new Jacko

The two Grand Finalists of last season featured the likes of Bailey, Shiels, Simpkin, Dawson, Suban, de Boer and Neale. No superstars, but all players that play a role for their team. Petterd is doing that currently. When someone does it better he'll be replaced. Simple.

St Kevin said:
The two Grand Finalists of last season featured the likes of Bailey, Shiels, Simpkin, Dawson, Suban, de Boer and Neale. No superstars, but all players that play a role for their team. Petterd is doing that currently. When someone does it better he'll be replaced. Simple.

I think all those players are better than him - especially a bloke like Suban with his ability to carry the ball and kick well. These are things Petterd does not do well. He is a first class propper, cannot carry the ball, link or break a line

tigersnake said:
yet more drivel from one who thinks a footy side is 22 stars. Never ceases to amaze me. In my mind he is a good depth player who is in decent form, but I could be wrong, he may keep improving, cement his place in the side and win a Norm Smith.

Also, we used to have a lot of discussion on PRE in the very bad old days about our depth players/ role players/ battlers, that every side has them and needs them, but if you're gunna get them, get ones who are tough. I said it, a lot of people also said it. We are now doing that. I really like about Dimmas approach.

Does Ricky have a Prez? He could be the new Jacko

The new Jacko? Win a B and F? In what role? The Golden fist - he made a great spoil!!

Merveille said:
I think all those players are better than him - especially a bloke like Suban with his ability to carry the ball and kick well. These are things Petterd does not do well. He is a first class propper, cannot carry the ball, link or break a line

He'd be ahead of Simpkin, Bailey and Dawson relatively easy imo. Petterd has his weaknesses no doubt, but he's not a plodder by any stretch. Versatile, great mark, solid athlete.

He has certain more 'illustrious' teammates that I would want out of the side before him.

St Kevin said:
He'd be ahead of Simpkin, Bailey and Dawson relatively easy imo. Petterd has his weaknesses no doubt, but he's not a plodder by any stretch. Versatile, great mark, solid athlete.

He has certain more 'illustrious' teammates that I would want out of the side before him.

Fair enough it's all opinion. But the great mark bit? When? Where? And how often? Needs to run better at his height. Same height as Judd, pendlebury, maybe shorter?

Pendles and Judd have a good 5 cms on Petterd. And they are freaks of nature, which Ricky isn't. Again we aren't even comparing apples with oranges, more like apples with go-karts. Petterd doesn't need to be a world beater to play his role for the side. And currently, he's the best we have.

St Kevin said:

You're joking of course unless you've confused him with Lids??
Making the finals last year has left some of us with high accounts on this dud
Seriously if we want to progress we need to karcher the petterd of punt rd oval