Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

His best form was at half forward. Play him there.
Because he is a liability in the backline

lisamaree said:
Let's not get too carried away, a depth player at best.
What is a depth player?

We are a good team now, not yet very good but getting there. If you mean Petterd is in the (say) 15-30 group on our list then that is probably right but if we have 30 good AFL footballers to pick from it means that the guys getting picked in the best 22 are playing well because they will have pressure on them.

Ricky, along with 10-15 others, has to perform to keep his spot. That's great

Nothing wrong with Petterds performance for us last year as a freebie rookie player. If he brings us the same standard of performance over the next few years, then we've gained a solid plug n play for no outlay. If he steps up to a smidgin further even better, because whatever he provides is virtually free when evaluated as a draft outlay.

Sintiger said:
What is a depth player?

We are a good team now, not yet very good but getting there. If you mean Petterd is in the (say) 15-30 group on our list then that is probably right but if we have 30 good AFL footballers to pick from it means that the guys getting picked in the best 22 are playing well because they will have pressure on them.

Ricky, along with 10-15 others, has to perform to keep his spot. That's great
TigerMasochist said:
Nothing wrong with Petterds performance for us last year as a freebie rookie player. If he brings us the same standard of performance over the next few years, then we've gained a solid plug n play for no outlay. If he steps up to a smidgin further even better, because whatever he provides is virtually free when evaluated as a draft outlay.

Couldn't agree more gentlemen.

Sometimes I think people expect us to pick up a Chris Judd or Gary Ablett with a mature age rookie pick!

TigerMasochist said:

He needs to step up further. Ok last year but if we are to step up to the top 4 then he along with a few others needs to take his game up a notch.

Browndog said:
He needs to step up further. Ok last year but if we are to step up to the top 4 then he along with a few others needs to take his game up a notch.

With the team we have I reckon he's going to need to take his game up a notch to get a spot in the team.

Baloo said:
With the team we have I reckon he's going to need to take his game up a notch to get a spot in the team.

Absolutely Baloo. IMO he has some talent but uses it willy nilly. He along with others will be found out with competition if they dont take their games to a new level.

Baloo said:

Just his decision making/kicking though. He did everything else pretty well IMHO.

shad said:
Just his decision making/kicking though. He did everything else pretty well IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I think he has it in him. But I'm expecting a decent uptick in many of the players this year. Anyone not improving will find their position under pressure

Leysy really struggles to see a future for this guy.

Sure he puts his head over it and has excellent second efforts, thats about it though and sorry it aint enough.

Is slow and a poor kick. With the assets & negatives the rest of our side possess, as a role player he doesn't bring to the table anything different the side needs.

Should be replaced ASAP ILO.

He's a Dimma favourite, but leysy expects this to wear off soon & be lucky to be on the list come 2015.

Leysy Days said:

Sure he puts his head over it and has excellent second efforts, thats about it though and sorry it aint enough.

Is slow and a poor kick. With the assets & negatives the rest of our side possess, as a role player he doesn't bring to the table anything different the side needs.

He's a Dimma favourite, but leysy expects this to wear off soon & be lucky to be on the list come 2015.
Agree Brian #26. Not sure he brings a lot as a back or a forward. One of a few who needs to be upgraded for us to keep progressing.

Leysy Days said:

You make it sound like we have Corey Enright waiting in the wings, to be frank, it would be great to upgrade Petterd to a more complete footballer but nobody is putting their hand up. Dea is still behind the pack and McIntosh needs a minimum of 2 seasons to polish his game. In the meantime, we'll just have to make do with Ricky. And for what it's worth, I don't think he'll be delisted at the end of the year.

bullus_hit said:
You make it sound like we have Corey Enright waiting in the wings, to be frank, it would be great to upgrade Petterd to a more complete footballer but nobody is putting their hand up. Dea is still behind the pack and McIntosh needs a minimum of 2 seasons to polish his game. In the meantime, we'll just have to make do with Ricky. And for what it's worth, I don't think he'll be delisted at the end of the year.

He's not playing back much Bully. More midfield so not sure of your comparisons in 2014.

We've already got Chaplin, Rance, Astbury, Houli, Martin, McDonough and Morris back there. But if we really need another guy who is OK overhead.

- Grimes for one.
- Move Newman back there - will give us more than Ricky. We can then get some much needed pace into the front half.
- Ellis' is still best suited to half back ILO.

All these guys should get first gig to replace say McDonough before Ricky for leysy, or to get an extra number if they go that way.

The biggest issue leysy see's with our side ATM are our role players not adding a different dimension to the side. On that score & with his (pretty big ILO) limitations Petterd is an ideal guy to changeup to make our team more dangerous.

FitenFitenWin said:
He along with Grigg, King and A Edwards are all upgradeable as soon as the kids come on. They have a role for now.

His only role should be making way for Knights.