Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Jason King said:
He played exactly like a bloke who has talent and was finding his way back from injuries. Hopefully his body stays right and he plays 22 next year. Don't have enough blokes on the list with his ticker and smarts. You would expect him to tidy up his disposal if he can stay on the park with some continuity.

It seemed to me as the season went on he did less of the "airy" kicks and more of the deliberate shorter passes (with an over-accentuated style). And that's fine ( and as Dirty Harry said " a man's gotsta know his limitations")

keepa lids onit said:
We're still a way off if this bloke gets a game. Shezzz
Avg at best doesn't improve our team in any way. He should have no spot in the team hopefully
I look at it differently.

Petterd has talent and would have walked into our team 3 years ago. The fact that he is very uncertain about being in our best 22 means we have moved forward.

He is a depth player who has to play to the best of his ability to stay in the team and that means our depth players are much better than they have been in the past.

Jason King said:
He played exactly like a bloke who has talent and was finding his way back from injuries. Hopefully his body stays right and he plays 22 next year. Don't have enough blokes on the list with his ticker and smarts. You would expect him to tidy up his disposal if he can stay on the park with some continuity.
He has undoubted courage in his play which is more than could be said for one or two of the supposed current best 22

keepa lids onit said:
We're still a way off if this bloke gets a game. Shezzz
Avg at best doesn't improve our team in any way. He should have no spot in the team hopefully

If he gets a game it will probably mean we have an injury or suspension, believe it or not, you can't go into a season with only 22 players.

bullus_hit said:
If he gets a game it will probably mean we have an injury or suspension, believe it or not, you can't go into a season with only 22 players.

Correct. Can see why he's on the list but I'm hoping he gets a full season at coburg.

Harry said:
he was upgraded with pick 93

Massive bargain for our footy club to take this guy as a rookie and then just him to our senior list.
He's a 25 year old utility midfielder who was an elite junior (u18 all Australian drafted pick 30) that went to a basket case of a club who were busily digging down and not up.
I hope Richmond mine this route again

DirtyDogTiger said:
Massive bargain for our footy club to take this guy as a rookie and then just him to our senior list.
He's a 25 year old utility midfielder who was an elite junior (u18 all Australian drafted pick 30) that went to a basket case of a club who were busily digging down and not up.
I hope Richmond mine this route again
Let's not get too carried away, a depth player at best.

lisamaree said:
Let's not get too carried away, a depth player at best.

plenty keep posting this, but im not sure that is how our coaching staff see him. i think he only played 3 games for Coburg last year, and they were after missing a chunk of games with injury.
that would suggest he is (or was last year) 'best 22'.

From what I saw of him last year, albeit on TV only, he was not the worst player on the paddock. He is only 25 so not exactly over the hill yet. Must give credit to the club as they know better than anyone on here what is best for our club.

graystar1 said:
From what I saw of him last year, albeit on TV only, he was not the worst player on the paddock. He is only 25 so not exactly over the hill yet. Must give credit to the club as they know better than anyone on here what is best for our club.

If Ricky is holding his spot then he will be playing well & in form he's a more than handy AFL player.

Competition for places, a rarity at Tigerland recently, will keep players like Ricky focused & determined. All good.

graystar1 said:

That's right, people hung him out to dry after a few rusty games early and refuse to acknowledge what he brings to the table. Last night was a cause for celebration, our first rookie promotion since Nahas, yet people still aren't happy because he's not Brendan Goddard.

he's alright Petterd. thought he looked good last season. bit more intensity needed.

His intensity is fine. Petterd is quick, brave, good in the air, one-touch at ground level and uses the ball exceptionally by hand. His kicking looks horrendous and can be wobbly but mostly he plays to his limitations and hits his targets. He'll play plenty of footy for us.

DirtyDogTiger said:

Maybe we should get Bling back :hihi