Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

mainlandy said:
You've gotto admit he was terrible today like he has been all year

Bollocks, his much maligned kicking was on target today and his handballing under pressure was top notch. If you're so convinced he was terrible then spell it out instead of using simpleton generalisations. Like I said earlier, he may not be a world beater but he has performed his role more often than not. If we were playing next week there would be no way in hell he'd be dropped for that performance.

BustinDustin said:
You're deluded with the down hill skier Pettard. :hihi

And your troll rating just went up a couple of notches.

bullus_hit said:
Petterd was better than half our list today, he may not be a premiership player but he's been an excellent rookie selection. Mark my words, Petterd will be around next season and you along with your merry band of trolls will have to suck it up.

He is definitely not good enough to be a premiership player. It's one thing to keep duds and list cloggers already on the list for depth, it's entirely something else to go out and actively recruit them. Because that's what a player is when you finish fifth at the end of the home and away season who isn't good enough to be a premiership player. Suck that up if you will...

bullus_hit said:

That's not nice. Just avoid me off your radar altogether if you have issues with criticism. Grow up little boy. ;) That was my opinion.

bullus_hit said:
Bollocks, his much maligned kicking was on target today and his handballing under pressure was top notch. If you're so convinced he was terrible then spell it out instead of using simpleton generalisations. Like I said earlier, he may not be a world beater but he has performed his role more often than not. If we were playing next week there would be no way in hell he'd be dropped for that performance.

Are you Ricky Pettard? Terrible game, cannot make a good decision to save himself. Stop embarrassing yourself

mainlandy said:
Are you Ricky Pettard? Terrible game, cannot make a good decision to save himself. Stop embarrassing yourself

:hihi Looks like it's the Mainllady and Dustbin show, I'll leave you two to huff and puff for a little bit, seems you are desperate for a whipping boy.

bullus_hit said:
:hihi Looks like it's the Mainllady and Dustbin show, I'll leave you two to huff and puff for a little bit, seems you are desperate for a whipping boy.

Suck it up and move on bully (cute for bullus). It's not worth fighting for a three legged donkey like Pettard. Rookie or no rookie.

Petterd is the least of our worries. Has been one of our success stories coming out of the rookie draft.

There are holes still on our list and the role Petterd plays isn't one of them.

Ricky Petterd, again, read the fall well today. (Oops - yesterday.)

Where will the ball fall?

Rookie again next year.

I again thought he was O.K yesterday. 24 touches and used the ball pretty well, better than he has previously. There were a lot worse than Ricky yesterday.

Wasn't horrible but if he's considered best 22 no wonder we lost. Need to do better.

Tygrys said:
He is definitely not good enough to be a premiership player. It's one thing to keep duds and list cloggers already on the list for depth, it's entirely something else to go out and actively recruit them. Because that's what a player is when you finish fifth at the end of the home and away season who isn't good enough to be a premiership player. Suck that up if you will...

This is the rantings of someone who fails to see how the rookie draft can be used to great effect. You obviously have ridiculous expectations of all 40 odd players on a playing list. Time to reassess what can, and cannot be achieved with lowly picks and a tight salary cap.

As for Petterd's game yesterday, it was a final, he acquitted himself well and held up his end of the bargain. Once again, please explain what you expect from rookies? Do you believe Petterd cost us the victory yesterday? Please highlight some of his glaring errors against Carlton? Do you believe he'll be delisted by season's end?

I noted before that game that many were sceptical that Petterd could handle the pressure of finals football, I think he proved the doubters wrong. He may not be Corey Enright but he's been a more than adequate depth player who has cost us next to nicks. As for the assertion he's a list clogger, I suggest some people get hold of a list of rookies from the last 5 years and have a good hard look. Sobering reading and something which should remind people of the folly in labelling Petterd a recruiting blunder.

dragicevic7 said:
I again thought he was O.K yesterday. 24 touches and used the ball pretty well, better than he has previously. There were a lot worse than Ricky yesterday.

16 disposals, not sure where your stats are from. But agree there were worse.

bullus_hit said:
This is the rantings of someone who fails to see how the rookie draft can be used to great effect. You obviously have ridiculous expectations of all 40 odd players on a playing list. Time to reassess what can, and cannot be achieved with lowly picks and a tight salary cap.

What hysterical rant? you said it yourself, he is not a premiership standard player. We have had and continue to have lots of players that are not premiership standard players. So we go out and recruit another one? What's more a reject from Melbourne no-less? Is that helping a top eight finalist build to a premiership? I don't think so?

And no I don't have 'ridiculous' expectations of all the players on the list. Most rookies for never make it, but you never know? When Collingwood won the premiership a few seasons ago they had five players in the grand final team that graduated from their rookie list. Not mature rejects like Petterd but young players overlooked in the main draft. That's the difference, a young rookie still have the chance to be an A-grader, a mature mediocre player like Petterd will never get any better (and who was IMO very average yesterday). And true the last five years might not have been great for young rookies but this is a different Richmond now, both in terms of resources available for recruitment and development. Personally, I'd rather use our rookie spots for youth than cheap top-ups that ultimately will take us no-where. We can do better than Petterd and hopefully we will, the less we see of him in our starting 22 in 2014, the more progress towards a flag we'll be making.

I think what most trying to say... If petterd did his job and is in your bests in a final what does it say about ur a and b graders, got nothing to do with being a top rookie pick or depth player, just shows our list has holes
Big ones IMO need to turn over the dead wood now...

Tygrys said:
What hysterical rant? you said it yourself, he is not a premiership standard player. We have had and continue to have lots of players that are not premiership standard players. So we go out and recruit another one? What's more a reject from Melbourne no-less? Is that helping a top eight finalist build to a premiership? I don't think so?

And no I don't have 'ridiculous' expectations of all the players on the list. Most rookies for never make it, but you never know? When Collingwood won the premiership a few seasons ago they had five players in the grand final team that graduated from their rookie list. Not mature rejects like Petterd but young players overlooked in the main draft. That's the difference, a young rookie still have the chance to be an A-grader, a mature mediocre player like Petterd will never get any better (and who was IMO very average yesterday). And true the last five years might not have been great for young rookies but this is a different Richmond now, both in terms of resources available for recruitment and development. Personally, I'd rather use our rookie spots for youth than cheap top-ups that ultimately will take us no-where. We can do better than Petterd and hopefully we will, the less we see of him in our starting 22 in 2014, the more progress towards a flag we'll be making.

Don't waste your time with the delusional bully. Petturd is a reject who will clog our list. Good post by the way.