Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

GoodOne said:
You should complain to your optometrist. Kicking is his achilles heel unfortunately as he has some good assets. We've had too many of his type over the years, last thing we need to do is recruit them from other teams.

Once again, don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant. Petterd had 1 clanger, get the stats report and have a good read. I don't make up the rules on clangers, I don't even give them much weight, but facts are facts, get over it dude.

And by the way, I commented on Petterd's poor kicking in front of goal in my original post, I know it's hard for some but a bit of balance might be in order.

bullus_hit said:
Once again, don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant. Petterd had 1 clanger, get the stats report and have a good read. I don't make up the rules on clangers, I don't even give them much weight, but facts are facts, get over it dude.

And by the way, I commented on Petterd's poor kicking in front of goal in my original post, I know it's hard for some but a bit of balance might be in order.
Missed shots at goals and tackles don't count as clangers.
He looks like he should be a player but just has something lacking

Tigermad2005 said:
Missed shots at goals and tackles don't count as clangers.

Was this fact ever in dispute? Petterd kicked poorly in front of goal, a point which has been duly acknowledged. He obviously needs to sort that out ASAP, but far from claiming the sky is falling in, his time in the forward line is a perfect case in harm minimisation. With all his other qualities the errant kicking isn't a deal breaker, Hardwick plays him for his hardness and ball winning abilities, a perfect example of a depth player serving his purpose.

Risk far too great in the finals. Also have the same "risk" concern with Grigg. A rocket up Grigg might save him.

spook said:
He's a good player. If he could kick for goal he'd be a very good player. Hands are great, courage is excellent, one percenters go unnoticed by critics. Gets the pill. Goes again. I like him.

He certainly knows how to find the pill. I like him too. Big call to replace him with an underdone & ageing Newman IMO.

Reminds me too much of Pettifer. Flashy at times but is a bit spooky under heavy pressure. Nahas is similar.
Prefer others!

Like him....courageous, hard, good tackler, good overhead.....kicks those 2 goals and he had an exceptional match. Unfortunately i think he will make way for one of the 3 inclusions. Shane Edwards has been quiet over the last month (obviously last week) and would want to perform.

edwards has indeed been out of sorts the last 5 or 5 weeks..maybe more.....not sure he is an upgrade on petard...another tough decision

Dimma really likes him and can't see him being dropped. Just can't understand how a kid can get that far in footy with such a crap kicking technique.

BustinDustin said:
Delist. Must be thrown in the biological waste bin. Nothing to clone here.

Petterd was better than half our list today, he may not be a premiership player but he's been an excellent rookie selection. Mark my words, Petterd will be around next season and you along with your merry band of trolls will have to suck it up.

bullus_hit said:
Petterd was better than half our list today, he may not be a premiership player but he's been an excellent rookie selection. Mark my words, Petterd will be around next season and you along with your merry band of trolls will have to suck it up.

You're deluded with the down hill skier Pettard. :hihi

bullus_hit said:

You've gotto admit he was terrible today like he has been all year