Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

bullus_hit said:
You should make an official complaint to Champion Data, they obviously have no idea. ::)

I watch the game, and don't check with champion data to make sure what I know I saw is correct. Champion data has no bearing whatsoever on how I judge a player

Merveille said:
I watch the game, and don't check with champion data to make sure what I know I saw is correct. Champion data has no bearing whatsoever on how I judge a player

:hihi You might want to share your thoughts on what constitutes a clanger, obviously mugs like me have no idea.

Was good tonight. Shanks the odd ball and his goal kicking is poor but he adds a lot of versatility and hardness to the squad. You can literally plonk him anywhere and he'll impact the contest

Stylo said:
Was good tonight. Shanks the odd ball and his goal kicking is poor but he adds a lot of versatility and hardness to the squad. You can literally plonk him anywhere and he'll impact the contest
Can't add much to that. Doesn't shirk a contest and in that is like Tucky

Tigers of Old said:
Stats are better than I thought. Overall though he was a bit patchy.
No certainty to retain his spot with others coming back from injury next week.

All things being equal I would have thought he is a certainty to be left out for those returning. Despite the Petterd love here still a weak link for mine.

He's a good player. If he could kick for goal he'd be a very good player. Hands are great, courage is excellent, one percenters go unnoticed by critics. Gets the pill. Goes again. I like him.

Would take petard kicking over shedwards any day. At least Ricky can occasionally hit targets by foot.

spook said:
He's a good player. If he could kick for goal he'd be a very good player. Hands are great, courage is excellent, one percenters go unnoticed by critics. Gets the pill. Goes again. I like him.
Needs an off season in the Jacko-White polishing school to round off his disposal skills
Played as a forward but didn't convert many set shots. Prefer AEdwards at present.

One of our better tacklers/contesters of the footy. A lot of the reason why we lose, when we lose, is because we don't have blokes who tackle - Ricky does tackle. Is also cool under pressure. His kicking isn't precise but not as bad as some on here would have you believe. You certainly can't just have a team of kickers.

May well make way for Newman but I think a lot of people miss what is good about Ricky.

Pandaboy said:
Would take petard kicking over shedwards any day. At least Ricky can occasionally hit targets by foot.

Rubbish. Shane Edwards is one of our most important players at putting on pressure. I would also trust Edwards to kick a goal over Petterd.

dragicevic7 said:
May well make way for Newman but I think a lot of people miss what is good about Ricky.

Can you tell me what that is as I just can not see it.

4 of there goal came from his direct play last night.

Misses targets, his decision making is Melbourne Quality and I wouldn't risk playing him next week.

Funnily enough I reckon the player his kicking action is most similar to is Dangerfield. Who is also a pretty horrible kick

bullus_hit said:
You should make an official complaint to Champion Data, they obviously have no idea. ::)

You should complain to your optometrist. Kicking is his achilles heel unfortunately as he has some good assets. We've had too many of his type over the years, last thing we need to do is recruit them from other teams.

zippadeee said:
Misses targets, his decision making is Melbourne Quality and I wouldn't risk playing him next week.

Yeah just a imagine a team of Pettard standard players? At best will never be better than one of the last couple picked per week. A serious liability in any final.