Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

BillyJean17 said:
Is a good mark and courageous ..and always knocks up plenty of the ball and guess what when he has it the opposition doesn't ::)

Till he kicks it :p

But seriously I think he was great today. So tough. Can see why Dimma plays him.

BillyJean17 said:
Is a good mark and courageous ..and always knocks up plenty of the ball and guess what when he has it the opposition doesn't ::)

You *smile* yourself everytime he gets his hands on it. Looks like a Melbourne player wearing a Richmond jumper.

Maybe lacks a bit of polish. No doubt about that but he's hard and he's got grunt. Every side needs a few players like Ricky.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Often gives the impression he lacks confidence in himself. Work in progress.

Understandably so, with his rotten luck with injury there would have to be a bit of self doubt. The best of Petterd will come when he starts taking more contested marks in the forward line, this is where he excelled at Melbourne. Playing forward also means his up and under kicks won't be such a liability.

Has his issues, but I think is showing improvement every week. White and Jacko should teach us that if the heart and footy winning ability is there, composure and confidence can come with practice and experience.

Certainly talent and endeavour, but playing him does nothing to solve our problems with quality ball going into the forward line.

mld said:
Hopefully we can work this Melbourne out of him.

interesting comment. It's no secret melbourne under neeld was a basket case but im not sure the real story is known of the level dissent at that club by its players. unfortunately some off the record comments iv'e heard directly by players about that club, its coach and culture - rightly or wrongly are disgraceful.

they were conditioned to failure.

i'm not sure if your comment was meant as a light hearted poke at melbourne but i reckon the reality of being at a club with a strong player culture and genuine pride in the jumper WOULD take some time adapting to. everything about his new club is different and would require adjustments to his attitude, training methods, work ethic and even communicative language/words spoken.

We've been pretty good in this area of late and have a good track record with bringing in recycled players and empowering them with belief and roles in the team. It's an environment that encourages success, demands success and breeds success.

so far he's probably only half way adjusted and conditioned but he has stepped up and grabbed his chances

Played well tonight, 24 touches 7 contested and only 1 clanger. Ricky looks void of confidence in front of goal but hopefully he can iron that out in due course. Those who constantly harp on about his kicking are completely blind to all the good things he brings to the table. His handballing was superb tonight, quick and on target. It will be a line call as to whether he makes way for Newman or Edwards but he certinly didn't do his chances any harm tonight.

bullus_hit said:
Played well tonight, 24 touches 7 contested and only 1 clanger. Ricky looks void of confidence in front of goal but hopefully he can iron that out in due course. Those who constantly harp on about his kicking are completely blind to all the good things he brings to the table. His handballing was superb tonight, quick and on target. It will be a line call as to whether he makes way for Newman or Edwards but he certinly didn't do his chances any harm tonight.

He messed up more than one clangor. He will have to go im afraid. Edwards and riewoldt are certainties - as is newman if fit

Merveille said:
He messed up more than one clangor. He will have to go im afraid. Edwards and riewoldt are certainties - as is newman if fit

You should make an official complaint to Champion Data, they obviously have no idea. ::)