Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

TigerForce said:
Why so much love for this kid now?? Let him gain the hunger for next season especially after a pre-season. McDonough today showed 1st year recruits aren't ready.

I want O'Hanlon back in midfield/attack.

We're playing GWS, perfect time to give Beanie a taste of the big time. Expectations should obviously be tempered, but I can't see him compromising our finals preparation.

Unfortunately this guy appears to be not up to AFL standard.

Can do SOME good things but completely lacks composure and is a real worry when he has the ball in his hands in the backline.

bullus_hit said:
We're playing GWS, perfect time to give Beanie a taste of the big time. Expectations should obviously be tempered, but I can't see him compromising our finals preparation.

GWS away = big time?......maybe Beano could have some big time at Kings Cross....;D

bullus_hit said:

Spot on. Have a feeling it'll happen too. Especially with mcdonagh this week.

JR8 said:
Unfortunately this guy appears to be not up to AFL standard.

Can do SOME good things but completely lacks composure and is a real worry when he has the ball in his hands in the backline.

The nail for me was, when he got the ball on his own 50 out, all by himself, in the open and panicked and kicked it from 40 out instead of 20..
King Dud.

bullus_hit said:
The more pertinent question is who comes in next week, I'd be very tempted to give McBean a run and give him a taste for the big time.
Give the Tiger Beanie a run n let Jaaack rest his sore knee for a week, sneak Jakey back into the forward pocket to ride shotgun in case anyone tries ruffle the Beanie.

We gotta stop recruiting rejects from reject teams. Taking away his, at times, shocking disposal, he can't string a couple of games together before getting injured.

bullus_hit said:
Clutching at straws there Frosty, I don't see how these other players have anything to do with Petterd's performance. I know you don't like him, you said that from the moment he pulled on the Richmond jumper, but in no way does he deserve the constant vitriol dished out by the haters.

For the record, he had 12 possessions, 8 of which were contested, 5 tackles and a goal. Not too bad considering he was out of action in the last quarter. For a medium forward, these are reasonable numbers, and apart from the obvious shank, he did his job well enough to hold his spot (hamstring issues aside).

Good post. Agree. Some focus way too much on his ball drop and neglect to notice the good things he does out there.

Tigers of Old said:
Good post. Agree. Some focus way too much on his ball drop and neglect to notice the good things he does out there.

He is probably our 26th best player, so we should know what to expect from Ricky.

Brodders17 said:
it is an ugly ugly ball drop though.

Sure is. Drops it from near his waist. Horrid action.
Obviously learned bad habits early.

282716-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

Footskills are horrible.

92% DE yesterday shows how wrong that stat can be. When you run into an open goal from 35m miss & have it count as an effective stat shows the folly.

Leysy Days said:
Footskills are horrible.

92% DE yesterday shows how wrong that stat can be. When you run into an open goal from 35m miss & have it count as an effective stat shows the folly.
What's the definition of an ineffective stat? And who makes the call, surely not the statistician?

Leysy Days said:
Footskills are horrible.

Loves a floater or a mung. That miss was amazing. Could have ran all the way in. Moved in the air more then anything Jimmy Anderson has let go all summer.

Need to do better then this bloke in the off season.

Leysy Days said:
Footskills are horrible.

Was that actually counted as effective? It's my understanding that points are generally listed as ineffective and out of bounds listed as clangers.

His action is awkward no doubt, this is precisely why his best position would be in the forward line, but at least he tends to play within his limitations and doesn't opt for the high risk approach. That shank was horrible, so too was Cotchin's in the last, Tuck made some blues, Martin had a dirty day, Maric missed 2 gettable chances and Jacko made one game changing howler.

Petterd is no superstar, he was picked as a plug and play back-up, something which he has done reasonably well throughout the season. Ultimately, the proof will be in the pudding and it's my guess he will remain on the list at season's end.

The goal he kicked. Whoa. How did that go straight? Have a look at the ball flight - the ball's horizontal. Kicking aside, he's actually not a bad player.