Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Tigersub said:
Really? Gee would love some examples of his comments that have been vitriolic towards his ex club thanks bullus.

It's against PRE policy to post links to the AFL site but here's some of his quotes with regards to his sacking.

"I was very frustrated and there was a sense of being angry towards that decision."

"I was shocked because at the time I believed I still should be in that team"

"It left me wondering and wanting to know answers,"

If you want the full details do a search under the heading 'Sam Lonergan angry at Bombers'

He has also been very cagey when quizzed about the peptide abuse, intimating that he was unhappy with the way things were run. There's also been a few off the record accounts of Sam being surprised and relieved at the different culture at Richmond compared to Essendon (and who could argue?).

But back to Petterd's highly offensive hanclap emoticon, are people actually in disagreement with his assessment?

bullus_hit said:
It's against PRE policy to post links to the AFL site but here's some of his quotes with regards to his sacking.

"I was very frustrated and there was a sense of being angry towards that decision."

"I was shocked because at the time I believed I still should be in that team"

"It left me wondering and wanting to know answers,"

If you want the full details do a search under the heading 'Sam Lonergan angry at Bombers'

He has also been very cagey when quizzed about the peptide abuse, intimating that he was unhappy with the way things were run. There's also been a few off the record accounts of Sam being surprised and relieved at the different culture at Richmond compared to Essendon (and who could argue?).

But back to Petterd's highly offensive hanclap emoticon, are people actually in disagreement with his assessment?

Really that is vitriolic? And cagey? Give me a break. He (Lonergan) would of been interviewed by ASADA and would be told along with the other players interviewed to keep to themselves. Sheesh. And yes Petterd should pull his head in..

Tigersub said:
Really that is vitriolic? And cagey? Give me a break. He (Lonergan) would of been interviewed by ASADA and would be told along with the other players interviewed to keep to themselves. Sheesh. And yes Petterd should pull his head in..

:clap Sorry if I caused offense.

And by the way, it's never good form to quote yourself when attempting to win an argument.

bullus_hit said:
:clap Sorry if I caused offense.

And by the way, it's never good form to quote yourself when attempting to win an argument.

:hihi :hihi Oh dear....really? And by the way it didnt cause any offence but you should revisit your postings.

Tigersub said:
:hihi :hihi Oh dear....really? And by the way it didnt cause any offence but you should revisit your postings.

Thanks for the compliments dude, I never really felt they were worthy of revisiting but maybe I'm just being a bit hard on myself.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

I feel so much better now, I was just about to grab some plastic cups and go berserk.

bullus_hit said:
Thanks for the compliments dude, I never really felt they were worthy of revisiting but maybe I'm just being a bit hard on myself.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

I feel so much better now, I was just about to grab some plastic cups and go berserk.

Just go wild mate, i'm sure you'll enjoy it by the sound of it. :hihi

He's back..

Against popular opinion I reckon he's been better than some think.
Has had a couple of strong weeks at Coburg and deserves his recall in the wake of poor performances by our medium sized defenders last week.
Hope he goes well.

He's been really poor. Won't be there next year unless he pulls his finger out and he's always going to be an awful kick coming out of the backline. Not going to suddenly change.

Didn't the reports from some of our pre posters indicate that Petterd while getting plenty of the ball as a loose man in the backline then turned the ball over regularly.

Rather than hang the man now how about we just wait and see how he goes tomorrow and judge then.

He may better if they play him in his more natural position forward, but considering they've dropped Batch and Dea and Houli hasn't returned he'll probably be in defence again. Let's just hope the game doesn't get tight, because Petterd has not shown composure under pressure so far.

Ricky has very bad foot skills so you reap what you sow - poor selection decision.

GEDS1 said:
Ricky has very bad foot skills so you reap what you sow - poor selection decision.

Especially considering our mantra apparently was poor disposal skills, no go at the Tigers, yet we picked up Petterd and Lonergan.