Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

After Petterds clap hands gesture for such a disrespectful tweet i dont trust him any more and im sure Hardwick feels the same.

How can he not realise the long reaching consequences of such an immature act?

Is this the kind of guy we want around our kids and in our great club?

blx said:
After Petterds clap hands gesture for such a disrespectful tweet i dont trust him any more and im sure Hardwick feels the same.

It was a dumb, immature thing to do, but remember Neeld effectively sacked Petterd and almost ended his football career. Emotions are strong in this one.

Who cares excuses excuse...people get sacked everyday, it's a part of life.
What he did was stupid and immature, he's no stranger to being in strive due to social media....was fined in 2011 if I recall.

Jukes Extended said:
Who cares excuses excuse...people get sacked everyday, it's a part of life.
What he did was stupid and immature, he's no stranger to being in strive due to social media....was fined in 2011 if I recall.

Why are we so intent on gagging people's opinions? Neeld's axe to their most experinced players at a time they needed them most was deplorable. That was immature. The karma comment is pretty apt really. I hope Voss gets Neeld as an assistant coach because he certainly has done zero to fire up his team as a Melbourne coach.

Tigers of Old said:
Bingo. Don't blame players with being p!ssed off but sharing it publicly with the football world is pretty silly.

But it's ok for the likes of Gary Lyon to tear shreds out of Petterd once he leaves, and praise Neeld for terminating his contract with the MFC? People need to get a dose of reality here, all he did was use a clapping icon, hardly reason to drag his name through the mud for a second time. I'm amazed how sensitive people have become to something so innocuous. Everyone in the football world has been throwing daggers at Neeld, yet a guy who merely confirms what everyone has been saying is suddenly a pariah.

Time to harden up folks, storm in a teacup.

blx said:

Not sure if you are being serious or scarcastic...

bullus_hit said:
But it's ok for the likes of Gary Lyon to tear shreds out of Petterd once he leaves, and praise Neeld for terminating his contract with the MFC?

Didn't realise Lyon was still on a playing list. ;D
I don't think it's a big deal what Petterd posted, just a lack of judgement to comment on his former coach on the interwebz.

Social media's a double edged sword for football clubs. They don't want players to be robots but the media will latch onto anything that's remotely controversial.
I can understand why Hardwick would be a little miffed at the comment. I seriously doubt it would be enough to see him not selected though.

GoodOne said:
Why are we so intent on gagging people's opinions? Neeld's axe to their most experinced players at a time they needed them most was deplorable. That was immature. The karma comment is pretty apt really. I hope Voss gets Neeld as an assistant coach because he certainly has done zero to fire up his team as a Melbourne coach.

Some may argue that he's done more to fire them up while NOT as a Melbourne coach (ie after his sacking).

I reckon they're a chance against the Aints.

I rememebr when Balmy was gawn and the Dees actually came out fired up and won. Gaddy Lyon couldn't stop shaking his head in disgust as he walked off, that it took his sacking to bring out the best in the team. Opposite sentiment here tho I spose....the players actually liked Balmy! ;D
(they'll be pretty buoyed now Neeld is gawn!)

bullus_hit said:
But it's ok for the likes of Gary Lyon to tear shreds out of Petterd once he leaves, and praise Neeld for terminating his contract with the MFC? People need to get a dose of reality here, all he did was use a clapping icon, hardly reason to drag his name through the mud for a second time. I'm amazed how sensitive people have become to something so innocuous. Everyone in the football world has been throwing daggers at Neeld, yet a guy who merely confirms what everyone has been saying is suddenly a pariah.

+1

Imagine what Petrard could have tweeted if he was literate.

Mac said:
Some may argue that he's done more to fire them up while NOT as a Melbourne coach (ie after his sacking).

Hmm interesting concept. Maybe Melbourne should hire Neeld at the start of every week and sack him at the end of the week (Thursday night for Friday games). Worth a try.

bullus_hit said:

Agree, Bully.

Tigerflag2008 said:
Not sure if you are being serious or scarcastic...

X2

I would be extremely pissed off with petterd if he done that being Hardwick. He is no longer a part of that club and what Maloney posted was just immature BS. Get over it. Petterd is now with a professional club and should start acting accordingly. Gee, I havent seen anything being posted by Lonergan on his ex teams precarious position even though he was shafted by them last year.

I still hold a grudge against my coach at the Fitzroy Reds Reserves, who I felt favoured his mates and didn't give me a fair go.

And that was 14 years ago.

Tigersub said:
I would be extremely p!ssed off with petterd if he done that being Hardwick. He is no longer a part of that club and what Maloney posted was just immature BS. Get over it. Petterd is now with a professional club and should start acting accordingly. Gee, I havent seen anything being posted by Lonergan on his ex teams precarious position even though he was shafted by them last year.

Umm, Lonergan wouldn't be your best example I'm afraid. Some of his comments have been less than glowing.

bullus_hit said:
Umm, Lonergan wouldn't be your best example I'm afraid. Some of his comments have been less than glowing.

Really? Gee would love some examples of his comments that have been vitriolic towards his ex club thanks bullus.

evo said:
hope we haven't seen the last of Jimmy in the ones.

As long as he earns his spot back through Coburg and as a forward I'd agree. Our back line is working beautifully so no room for his helicopter mongrel punts back there.