Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Re: Petrard will be Rookied

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
. We infamously drafted David Williams after Melbourne delisted him to allow for recovery from a knee injury, but he didn't play during the two seasons he was on our list.

The Tap Man!

First thought to have that nickname due to him being able to "turn it on!".

Later discovered it was because he was rusty and ran cold (and possibly was a bit of a drip)

I heard petterd has injured himself again so I don't think we will be taking him thank god :clap

Don't believe everything you hear............may just have been training away from opposition eyes 8-

Mr Magic said:
Don't believe everything you hear............may just have been training away from opposition eyes 8-

It would seem that the medicos have major reservations about Petterd and he won't be selected. I'm certainly glad we did our research and as much as a fit and firing Petterd would have been nice, there's no point in investing in damaged goods.

Toy on the other hand, looks to have cleared all the medical hurdles and may well be given a lifeline. Not sure how I feel about this one, there's definitely a hint of Thomson, Hislop, Collard and Maric in this decision but we'll just have to wait and see.

Maric will be re-rookied which is inexplicable, a massive waste of a rookie spot.

Sanity has also prevailed in opting for Stephensen over Wood, thank god the brainstrust haven't just gone and plucked some meaningless stats like some on here have done, hopefully Big O can provide enough time for the Beanstalk to grow into his trunks.

We'll probably snag one junior and Nelson would be my pick.

bullus_hit said:
It would seem that the medicos have major reservations about Petterd and he won't be selected. I'm certainly glad we did our research and as much as a fit and firing Petterd would have been nice, there's no point in investing in damaged goods.

What a shame we didnt apply this philosphy before recruiting Edwards.

Mr Magic said:
What a shame we didnt apply this philosphy before recruiting Edwards.

You won't get any arguments from me, it makes a mockery of our good character recruiting mantra.

bullus_hit said:
Toy on the other hand, looks to have cleared all the medical hurdles and may well be given a lifeline. Not sure how I feel about this one, there's definitely a hint of Thomson, Hislop, Collard and Maric in this decision but we'll just have to wait and see.

In the end we're picking players for rookie spots. It's unlikely to be a successful pick but I'd rather give the spot to younger players ahead of those who have been in the system for a while and failed.

GoodOne said:
In the end we're picking players for rookie spots. It's unlikely to be a successful pick but I'd rather give the spot to younger players ahead of those who have been in the system for a while and failed.

That statement pretty well sums up how I view Toy. Much like Thomson, Hislop, Collard and Maric, we're assuming we can transform a highly rated junior where others have failed.

bullus_hit said:
That statement pretty well sums up how I view Toy. Much like Thomson, Hislop, Collard and Maric, we're assuming we can transform a highly rated junior where others have failed.

Don't think we're assuming anything. Next year will only be Toy's 3rd year. Hislop never saw anything in him, always had very poor skills. Thomson thought he might do ok but was already into his 5th season when he came to the Tigers and hadn't cemented himself at Port. Collard ...meh.....came to us after just 1 season at aniother club. Maric again came to Richmond for his 5th season and from a crap club Melbourne. Toy has exceptional junior form, only 3rd season and has had very plausible reasons for not performing. If we think his health issues are not considered debilitating for AFL fotball then he's worth a rookie spot.

bullus_hit said:

Have a bit more time for Toy than the other 4 you've mentioned. Mainly because I think with Williams and the systems we have set up at the tigers now we are more prepared to manage a "issues" type player.

Toy at his best could be an absolute gun. Worth a role of the dice.

GoodOne said:
Toy has exceptional junior form, only 3rd season and has had very plausible reasons for not performing. If we think his health issues are not considered debilitating for AFL fotball then he's worth a rookie spot.

All the above mentioned players had exceptional junior form, such things seem to regularly cloud our judgement. Having closely watched Toy over the past two seasons, I'm struggling to get excited about his prospects at the highest level.

uhuh uhuh said:
Maric is just too short for AFL - 177 cm / 76 kg

Josh Toy - 184 - 83kg
Agree Toy worth a spot but we gave Maric a second chance and he DIDN'T take it - why are we giving him a third chance is beyond me.

year of the tiger said:
Agree Toy worth a spot but we gave Maric a second chance and he DIDN'T take it - why are we giving him a third chance is beyond me.

Happy if we take Toy. Who knows, Mark Williams might be the guy to push him to a higher playing level and it only cost a rookie spot.
Maric, oh-hum think we may already know the out come.

bullus_hit said:
Maric will be re-rookied which is inexplicable, a massive waste of a rookie spot.

Do you have another source for this because the only time I've seen this mentioned is on that Facebook page that's hit and miss, and PRE punters discussing that page.

If it comes down to a choice between mini-Maric and Toy, I'd take Tonka every time.

Only 16 1/2 hours left until the PRE disapproval posts start over who Richmond selected in the pre season/rookie draft.

Tommo37 said:
Only 16 1/2 hours left until the PRE disapproval posts start over who Richmond selected in the pre season/rookie draft.

what time is the draft/rookie draft on,will it be on afl.com or sen

Baloo said:
Do you have another source for this because the only time I've seen this mentioned is on that Facebook page that's hit and miss, and PRE punters discussing that page.

Panic merchants.