Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Re: Petrard will be Rookied

Ty Esler said:
Other than netball not being an olympic sport this is the best idea ever

I think for FS to be triggered the father needs to be on the birth cert. So unless the club underwrite Richo's child support payments it's not going to help us.

Baloo said:
I think for FS to be triggered the father needs to be on the birth cert. So unless the club underwrite Richo's child support payments it's not going to help us.

Would that qualify as a legitimate use of the Fighting Tiger Fund?

I’d donate to that cause.

Ty Esler said:
Crows got no compensation for Knights leaving which means is he is on a below average $ contract

Hardly comparable to a one year rookie deal.

mld said:
We need a few 100 game players going up to star kids and saying 'I am your father'.

How do you recon that would go down with Dusty's dad?

"dad that guy just said he was my dad".....

I would rather us rookie list him and find out if his lack of games was because of injury or personal issues with coach or just not good enough better than putting him on the main list.

Tigeritis said:
What about we open the Puntroad sperm bank and AI centre. 100 + gamers only can deposit. :clap

And we can provide them with a DVD of the 3rd test where there was a number of full tosses!

We'll be spiewing if Razor Ray Hall produces a 6ft 8 gazelle but with skills. Or do we get hgim back for one more game?

bullus_hit said:
I'm not knocking the Knights recruitment, just highlighting the fact that he's been given a fat contract as opposed to being rookie listed for nix. Form wise, their both in the same boat yet people are getting their knickers in a twist over the guy who comes with very little risk.

Petterd isn't half the player Knights is. That's why we've paid up for Knights and why we won't be rooki-ing Petterd.

GoodOne said:
Petterd isn't half the player Knights is. That's why we've paid up for Knights and why we won't be rooki-ing Petterd.

Should rephrase that to Petterd isn't half the player Knights was, it's been 3 years since he's really impacted on the competition in any meaningful way, as for Petterd being rookied, I'd say fitness will be the deal breaker there.

GoodOne said:
Hope you're right!

GoodOne said:
That's why we've paid up for Knights

If Knights is worth what we paid for him then we won't have much of a player on our hands! :p

GoodOne said:

Not so sure about that.

It may have more to do with the forseeable availabilities of each of these players.

Knights was clearly an available player on the Adelaide list, and was seen as a FA target.

On the other hand, Pettard was not regarded as available under FA, and his de-listing was not probably known of until trade time.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/C/Chris_Knights.html

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/R/Ricky_Petterd.html

Knights is more the midfielder, although his best possession aggregate comes from 2007.

Pettard is more the flanker, with more goal consistency between 2009-2011.

Over the course of their careers, Knights's stats are more impressive, however, they do belong to an phase further back in time than Pettard's.

Not ovrrly excited by the prospect of getting Pettard, but I guess time will tell. Could be a good get if he gets back to being the player he looked he could be early in his career.

Phantom said:
Not so sure about that.

It may have more to do with the forseeable availabilities of each of these players.

Knights was clearly an available player on the Adelaide list, and was seen as a FA target.

On the other hand, Pettard was not regarded as available under FA, and his de-listing was not probably known of until trade time.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/C/Chris_Knights.html

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/R/Ricky_Petterd.html

Knights is more the midfielder, although his best possession aggregate comes from 2007.

Pettard is more the flanker, with more goal consistency between 2009-2011.

Over the course of their careers, Knights's stats are more impressive, however, they do belong to an phase further back in time than Pettard's.

Knights has been dogged by injury. If Knights is fit he will perform I have no doubt about that. He is a class player and has proved himself to be consistent when fit. He is also versatile, will be able to play midfield and forward. Personally I think he'll be of more benefit to us as a froward.

I would be happy if we gave Ricky Petterd a rookie spot. He will give us another option in the forward line which isn't a bad thing because you never know how many injuries you will have. He is also only 24 which is younger than both Chris Knights and Troy Chaplin, so he still has room for improvement and we could get a lot of games out of him. He also has a bit of x factor about him, he can do some special things like take a screamer and kick a miraculous goal. When he is up and about he can help sway the momentum of a game, in your favour. He also comes from Tasmania, where we have had a lot of success recruiting forwards from.

If he can stay injury free and get some solid training behind him, I think it will do a lot for him. He is worth the risk in my opinion.

Depth players shouldn't have existing injury or durability concerns unless they are exceptionally talented and have massive upside

But we are apparently topping up for our premiership window and the recruiting rules seem to have changed

We are welcoming the old, the infirm, the recently homeless, and especially the poor (players of the AFL)