Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

lamb22 said:
I struggle to comprehend the Petterd hate on here.

Thought he had a good gamne defensively. I rewatched the game after all the bad kicking posts here and it is true that many of his long kicks in to forward 50 were ordinary, but I didn't see him miss a short target, his hands and handballs were clean and in all bar one occasion when he went third man up he klilled the contest.

He is actually doing the role Grimes was doing last year before his injury.

His ball drop is weird and it is likely to cause the odd hiccup.

My take is wait and see. His game againt Collngwood was much poorer and its those panic moments (especially dropping easy marks) that worries me. These tenencies could be terminal for him but at this stage is doing enough to be cut some slack and to show he can improve further.

You can be sure the Cats will put on as much if not more pressure than the Pies did a few weeks back, so we will find out soon enough whether he had an off day or whether its something more than that.

bullus_hit said:
A top 5 finish in the B&F indicates his kicking isn't the great liability some are making out. People need to understand that some players go through bad patches, Grigg is no exception. The thing that concerns me most is that the vitriol directed at some of the players in the past week has been well over the top. Ricky Petterd has just come back after 1 year out of the game, he's being trialled in a position that isn't his forte, he has his faults but to call him disgusting, pathetic and a disgrace to the jumper is about as low as you can go (not directed at you personally).

Ricky not only plays for the jumper but he's been a lifelong Richmond supporter, and I'm afraid to say it, but the past week has exposed a particularly ugly side to our supporter base. If he doesn't make it, then so be it, he wouldn't be the first and won't be the last. But it's hardly worthy of eating our own and embarking on a war with not only Ricky Petterd, but the selectors, the coaching staff and the recruitment team. There's enough sniping out there without a bunch of keyboard warriors ripping shreds out of the players. We lost by a point, time to move on and look forward to our next challenge.

Best post I have seen all week.

lamb22 said:
I struggle to comprehend the Petterd hate on here.

Thought he had a good gamne defensively. I rewatched the game after all the bad kicking posts here and it is true that many of his long kicks in to forward 50 were ordinary, but I didn't see him miss a short target, his hands and handballs were clean and in all bar one occasion when he went third man up he klilled the contest.

He is actually doing the role Grimes was doing last year before his injury.

His ball drop is weird and it is likely to cause the odd hiccup.

My take is wait and see. His game againt Collngwood was much poorer and its those panic moments (especially dropping easy marks) that worries me. These tenencies could be terminal for him but at this stage is doing enough to be cut some slack and to show he can improve further.

BTW after watching the replay a couple of times, I agree Petterd was nowhere near as bad as made out by many here.

Jury is still out for mine, but happy for him to be given half a season to see if he gels. Looks very unco for my liking

I guess with McGun being on AA form, Shedwards in career best and Jacko having a good year, the ferals needed another scapegoat.

Petterd's got my support as long as he stays away from Bay 13.

spook said:
What number did he choose to wear Baloo? Kid's got a sense of humour.

yeah, I did have a chuckle when I saw his number. Someone has a sense of humour. If it was him then good on him.

Baloo said:
I guess with McGun being on AA form, Shedwards in career best and Jacko having a good year, the ferals needed another scapegoat.

Edwards had hot under my radar a bit, is he going alright? He's hit a few touches but hasn't hit the scoreboard much

Much prefer with with a direct opponent, solid tonight after the openig quarter which was pretty unflattering.

stood up tonight.

played with confidence.

I am alan scott if he keeps playing like that.

Did ok, but there something about him that looks like he dosent hurt for the the jumper

He didn't turn it over but that says it all you go into games hoping he doesn't turn it over rather than being assured he will be composed and clean in an important role. If he didn't turn it over this week he will next week or the week after. He is what he is, limited.

Apparently had 100% eff but that is a confusing stat. Quite a few of his panic skyscraper bombs were not effective for the team. He also gives away dumb free kicks for shots on goal with some dumb play.

Barnzy said:
He didn't turn it over but that says it all you go into games hoping he doesn't turn it over rather than being assured he will be composed and clean in an important role. If he didn't turn it over this week he will next week or the week after. He is what he is, limited.

Apparently had 100% eff but that is a confusing stat. Quite a few of his panic skyscraper bombs were not effective for the team. He also gives away dumb free kicks for shots on goal with some dumb play.

So with all the shoddy kicking on the night, you still focus on a guy who had 100% efficiency? It seems to me you've made your mind up with Petterd, there were at least a dozen out there who played worse and kicked poorly, even some of our marquee players.

How about bringing some balance to the relentless criticism?

Ricky Petturd is a reject and if people here think he will turn his career around then they must be deluded, but they're entitled to their opinions. ;D

I don't mind him. Still not sure what the fuss is about every week. Seemed pretty good.

he was okay tonight..we had many many worse players..still in the end he is not the payer we need if we expect to make the finals soon...another good average footballer who will have terrible games and okay games....just like soooo many other players that go thru our list