Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

bullus_hit said:
Given we haven't beaten a Ross Lyon coached team for 10 matches, I'd say Hardwick and co. got the balance just about right.
I don't get this logic. So because we haven't beaten a Ross Lyon coached side we've done we'll in "only" losing by a point?

Barnzy said:
Spot on but sadly this has happened as predicted. You're right selection this year hasn't been great.

Poor selection. I am pretty mad at this. Petterd butchered the ball. Thought Batch was as good. And is the future. Any lineball choices should lean towards the future.

Against the Cats id rather Newman be +1 in defence than Petterd.

Petterd could play a defensive forward role on Enright for example.

tigertim said:
I don't get this logic. So because we haven't beaten a Ross Lyon coached side we've done we'll in "only" losing by a point?

Now you're putting words into my mouth, our match-ups were almost spot on and we almost stole the points.

Prior to the match, did you honestly think we'd romp it in?

bullus_hit said:
Now you're putting words into my mouth, our match-ups were almost spot on and we almost stole the points.

I wasn't putting words in your mouth, just seeking clarification.

And no, certainly didnt think we'd romp it in. But getting close isn't a consolation.especially when they played so badly.

As expected Batch went first. Too slow and butchers it just as much if not more than Petterd but doesn't get as much of it.
Vastly overrated is Batch. He is at the crossroads atm.

tigertim said:
I wasn't putting words in your mouth, just seeking clarification.

And no, certainly didnt think we'd romp it in. But getting close isn't a consolation.especially when they played so badly.

Ross Lyon teams always play ugly football, to suggest they played 'badly' is just bogus logic. They absolutely creamed us with the forward entries yet the backline managed to stymie most of the attacking thrusts. I actually think Freo played better than the match against Essendon, some of the disposals in that game were absolutely horrific, little league type stuff.

Tigers of Old said:
As expected Batch went first. Too slow and butchers it just as much if not more than Petterd but doesn't get as much of it.

Good grief you swing from week to week.

Tigers of Old said:

Batchelor at crossroads... No way

The Small Back Competency Certificate III is rare at Richmond. Don't we know it, eh? Routinely chopped up by seagulling squibs for years. (Some trauma or other last week too.)

Only Steve Morris and Bachar Houli have one ATM.

When Batch gets a game it's as a tall. He is no more a small back atm than Griffiths (but he's a better tall back). He has not got a game as a small back this year and spent a lot of last year tall too.

Petterd is in training for the Holy Grail, the rare and glorious Small Back Competency Certificate III. He has been chosen.

He cannot concentrate and is frightened. A lot like Houli when we first got him. He is flawed.

But Helbig, who has been chosen to try out for the glorious certificate too, has done a hammy so that's that. Morris replaces him. Even if we were planning to drop Petterd our first choice replacement is unavailable.

Petterd has some advantages. He's nippy. Watch him skipping through the traffic. He knows his opponent's number and he can find space with the ball. He will stand under it and go when it's his turn - occasionally. (That's not such a bad thing. He knows what he's got to do; he's just not doing it.)

I think Petterd is exactly Beavis's type. Re-training Bachar was no ordinary bit of coaching. (Full credit to Houli - he's a model.) Petterd is going to get a go. He's better than even money of working out in my market.

And when Hellboy can get on the park he can train in the role too. And Dea is playing a running role in the Magoos. Small backs should be the least of your worries. Hopefully we'll have the area covered this year.

bullus_hit said:

Go back to February and none would be shocked to learn we lost to COllingwood and Freo in Perth.
A win against Geelong would give us a nice 4-2 split

Dyer'ere said:
The Small Back Competency Certificate III is rare at Richmond. Don't we know it, eh? Routinely chopped up by seagulling squibs for years. (Some trauma or other last week too.)

Only Steve Morris and Bachar Houli have one ATM.

When Batch gets a game it's as a tall. He is no more a small back atm than Griffiths (but he's a better tall back). He has not got a game as a small back this year and spent a lot of last year tall too.

Petterd is in training for the Holy Grail, the rare and glorious Small Back Competency Certificate III. He has been chosen.

He cannot concentrate and is frightened. A lot like Houli when we first got him. He is flawed.

But Helbig, who has been chosen to try out for the glorious certificate too, has done a hammy so that's that. Morris replaces him. Even if we were planning to drop Petterd our first choice replacement is unavailable.

Petterd has some advantages. He's nippy. Watch him skipping through the traffic. He knows his opponent's number and he can find space with the ball. He will stand under it and go when it's his turn - occasionally. (That's not such a bad thing. He knows what he's got to do; he's just not doing it.)

I think Petterd is exactly Beavis's type. Re-training Bachar was no ordinary bit of coaching. (Full credit to Houli - he's a model.) Petterd is going to get a go. He's better than even money of working out in my market.

And when Hellboy can get on the park he can train in the role too. And Dea is playing a running role in the Magoos. Small backs should be the least of your worries. Hopefully we'll have the area covered this year.

I hope you're right, Jack. But how do you fix Ricky's indie ball drop? It goes everywhere but down. Almost smacks himself in the face with it.

Carter said:
I hope you're right, Jack. But how do you fix Ricky's indie ball drop? It goes everywhere but down. Almost smacks himself in the face with it.
Cam Mooney said on 360 tonight that when Corey Enright first got to Geelong he couldn't kick; dropped the ball near his ear. It is easier to re-program an 18yo than a 24yo but he's an immature 24yo. If we can make Houli brave, maybe we can make Petterd a good kick. (Can we make Grigg both? Either?)

And Jack's right, Batch doesn't play small. Chaplin's taken his spot this week, not Petterd.

Carter said:

All the kids are doing that ball drop these days, Get. While they sing about their feelings and crucify a ukelele.

I have seen Petterd select and brain inspired targets by foot. I think his usual (bad) kicks are more about his Attention Deficit Inactivity Disorder. It's like he wakes up and goes "*smile*! I've got the ball! I don't even remember where I fell asleep! Or why I'm running." And then slams it in his eye while swinging his boot.

If it all turns to *smile* Dea and Hellboy are waiting for a gig.

spook said:
Cam Mooney said on 360 tonight that when Corey Enright first got to Geelong he couldn't kick; dropped the ball near his ear. It is easier to re-program an 18yo than a 24yo but he's an immature 24yo. If we can make Houli brave, maybe we can make Petterd a good kick. (Can we make Grigg both? Either?)

If we can make Pathetterd into Enright, spook, I'll come back and edit this post into something witty and very grateful.

FWIW I thought Petterd's first half last week was almost as bad as Rance's. But they both lifted and they get another chance. Maybe they'll both improve.

Formguide says Dimma is good at the type.

SCOOP said:
Poor selection. I am pretty mad at this. Petterd butchered the ball. Thought Batch was as good. And is the future. Any lineball choices should lean towards the future.

And don't forget Pettard was close to woeful against the Pies. Has not shown a lot of composure under pressure, nor shown great ability at the intercept. Batch has composure and great reading of the play, very surprised at this decision.

bullus_hit said:
Ross Lyon teams always play ugly football, to suggest they played 'badly' is just bogus logic. They absolutely creamed us with the forward entries yet the backline managed to stymie most of the attacking thrusts. I actually think Freo played better than the match against Essendon, some of the disposals in that game were absolutely horrific, little league type stuff.

But look at the quality of their forward entires and the players in their forward line. Who were their tall targets - Mayne? Not exactly any future coleman medalists in there. They dominated at one point but were completely let down by their poor entries and lack of targets.

Of all the defenders reckon Bachar (surprisingly) was the best in the one on one's. Thought it was the nest game I have seen from him defensively.

Soda said:
And don't forget Pettard was close to woeful against the Pies. Has not shown a lot of composure under pressure, nor shown great ability at the intercept. Batch has composure and great reading of the play, very surprised at this decision.

The biggest travesty is that Hardwick is giving game time to duds like him, while the kids loose confidence playing well and not bring rewarded.
There is no way Pettard is a better player then Batchelor.
Hardwick is so desperate for finals, he has crashed and burnt everything he started 3 years ago.
Play the kids..bring in Astbury, griffo, batch, Dea.