Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Can't kick so why play him as a hb who need to pinpoint targets in a dangerous area if the ground. All he can do us revert to long bombs which were intercepted most of the night.

Barnzy said:
Can't kick so why play him as a hb who need to pinpoint targets in a dangerous area if the ground. All he can do us revert to long bombs which were intercepted most of the night.
Yep, atrocious kicking ut of defence.

Whilst I agree with some that he needs to be played in attack, I think some are completely over the top with the criticism. 61% kicking efficiency isn't nearly as bad as some are suggesting in a heavily congested game. Every single player out there turned it over at some stage, Cotch made some howlers in the first, Deledio struggled to execute with precision, Martin kicked one out on the full.

In no way was Petterd our worst, he had 6 tackles, 18 possessions and numerous rebounds, give the guy a break I say.

Can he be swapped with another rookie at halfway mark? He won't be in the team in second part of the year.

Too many helicopter pathetic kicks in the side.

*smile* Petterd and Grigg off.

Kicking from these two costs us time and space that is easily closed down by the time the ball gets to its destination.

Jukes Extended said:
Yep. I'm surprised. Probably doesn't help with his over exaggerated ball drop either. This is why we needed to move McGuane forward. Ricky better pull his finger out or he is fast heading out of this team. Plays forward or bust.

Disco!

So here is the thing. Petterd is the poor man's Jackson. Not bad at getting it (but not as good as Jacko), fair decision maker (better than jacko, but who isn't) and just a horrible kick. I would have to watch the game again, but so many of his turnovers are under little pressure, with that one kick along the wing that either means a scoring shot next down the line to us, or a bounce goal for them. We have done so well focusing on recruiting players who can kick, so why pick up another guy who kicks at amateur level?
I get that his stats are ok, but I just don't think we can afford to carry guys who can't use it.